Published on June 10, 2016
1. Raising Equity – Private Channels
2. Agenda In this session, you will learn about: • Private Placements • Qualified Institutional Placement • Venture Capital • Follow-On Public Offer
3. Private Placement It is a capital raising structure which involves the sale of equity to a small number of private investors such as mutual funds, large banks, and insurance companies.
4. Private Placement Target Group The target investors are a small number of chosen investors Banks Insurance Firms Pension Funds Types of Investors Comparatively cheaper than IPO
5. A listed company can issue equity shares to qualified institutional bidders at a pre- decided price. A capital raising tool used in India and Southern Asia Qualified Institutional Placement
6. QIP guidelines were introduced to encourage Indian companies to raise funds domestically. Qualified Institutional Placement Indian Listed Companies SEBI Raise Capital Pre-issue filingX
7. Venture Capital Startup equity capital or Risk capital For those building a high risk portfolio
8. Venture Capital High growth and risky industries
9. Venture Capital Stages of Assistance by Venture Capitalists Private Shares Money Idea Generation Start-up Ramp Up Exit
10. Follow on Public Offer (FPO) LISTED COMPANY Investors Fresh Issue of Securities Sale to public through Offer document Follow on Public Offer
11. Types of Follow on Public Offer (FPO) FPO DILUTIVE OFFERING NON-DILUTIVE OFFERING The share float is increased to sell more equity in the company. The privately held shares are offered for to diversify their holdings.
12. Purpose of Follow on Public Offer (FPO) The proceeds from the sale Strategic Beneficial for the company Used to pay off some debt Used for company expansion
13. Mumbai | Bangalore | Pune | Chennai | Jaipur ACCREDITED TRAINING PARTNER: Thank You Imarticus.org
/ Shame on Hession ! Others are raising equity, dilution and the stock price rises
Raising Capital: Equity vs. Debt. ... But equity has other costs besides giving up some control of your company. Raising equity involves legal, ...
Complete Guide To Corporate Finance. A A A | ... Other benefits of going public: ... less-glamorous methods of raising capital, including new equity ...
Equity financing is the process of raising capital ... Equity financing involves not just the sale of common equity, but also the sale of other equity ...
Private Equity and Fund Raising The process of fund raising for private equity funds is all about private equity firms looking for capital from investors.
Why do companies choose equity? ... amongst others, raising its profile amongst the financial and investor community and improving employee loyalty and ...
The Strategic Secret of Private Equity. ... Despite the private equity environment’s becoming more challenging amid rising ... Others defend private ...
Insights on Accounting for Debt and Equity Transactions — Executive Summary v In this guide, Insights on Accounting for Debt and Equity Transactions:
Capital Raising in Australia: Experiences and Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis Broker Trades Message Specification 29 January 2010