Published on July 13, 2016
1. 1 | P a g e Resume of Rahul Kohli Summary ITIL certified Service Delivery Manager with 15+ years of experience in Information Technology, Manufacturing and Retail industry spread across Service Delivery Management, Program or Project Management, SAP Consulting, Pre Sales, Delivery Excellence, Process automation and Infrastructure (Systems & Network Administration) Management worked in USA and India. Leadership roles involved Account/Program/Project management, P&L responsibility, large staff management, client relationship management, escalation management, project delivery quality management using the industry best defined CMMI and ITIL process. Service Delivery Management role includes defining knowledge transfer methodology, ensuring quality of technical deliveries, defining the process and ways of working for onsite and offshore support model, Defining and ensuring SLA and KPI for Application management services, managing team across geography. Extensive experience in setting up the engagements from zero to steady state using onsite offshore model. SAP consulting role includes SAP Implementation, SAP Upgrades, SAP S&A Designing, SAP ILM and data archiving, SAP SOLMAN and SAP systems auditing. Specialised in SAP BASIS and Security End-to-End Life Cycle Implementation, upgrade and support. Have exposure to various solutions of SAP R/3 4.6B to ECC 6.0, SAP Net weaver products, SAP BI, SAP CRM, SAP SRM, SAP HR, SAP solution manager and SAP PI etc. Built SAMT (System Availability Management Tool) to minimize L1 team manual system monitoring efforts and avoid reactive approach. This tool got No. 1 position in EAS LOB under MADJAM competition. This tool was part of our Six Sigma Green Belt initiative. Develop Business Process KPI Managing and Monitoring Framework using “Bottom up Approach” Skills Strategy Service Delivery, Strategic and operational planning, Implementation, Upgrade, Transition, Data Archiving and Information Lifecycle Management Process PMP, ISO20K, CMMI, ITIL (Service Request, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Release Management), Technology SAP, Information Lifecycle Management, Data Archiving, Open Text, Microsoft SQL-Server, Oracle, Unix, Windows, Microsoft Exchange, Networking, DHCP, DNS, WINS, ISA & IIS SAP SAP R/3 4.6B to ECC6, SAP BW 3.x to BI 7, SAP SOLMAN, SAP SRM, SAP CRM, SAP NWIDM, SAP GRC (Access Control, GTS and Process Control), SAP ILM and Data Archiving, SAP Solution Manager, SAP PI People Leadership and Team building, Managing High Performance Team Languages English and Hindi
2. Rahul Kohli 2 | P a g e Achievements and Recognitions Year Description of Achievements and Recognitions 2013 Awarded MADJAM Innovation award from HCL Sr. CVP & Chief Customer Officer for Idea. SAMT (SAP Systems Availability Management) Idea got No. 1 position in HCL EAS LOB. 2012 O2 Award from HCL CEO for Outstanding performance for two consecutive year 2011 and 2012 2011 ILM Tool developed for SAP Data Archiving Assessment. Reduces the efforts up to 40% 2010 Certificate of Achievement from HC HR CVP for Employee First Council contribution (FY 08-09) 2009 O2 Award from HCL CEO for Outstanding performance for two consecutive year 2007 and 2008 2008 Certificate of Appreciation from HCL Executive Vice President for an Outstanding contribution in the SAP R/3 & CRM upgrade Projects at AMD 2008 O2 Award from HCL CEO for Outstanding performance for two consecutive year 2006 and 2007 2007 Certificate of Recognition from AMD CIO for Outstanding Performance with AMD Account 2002 SAP Award from Chief Human Resources Bhartia Industries Limited for successful SAP Implementation project in year 2001-02 Employment History Date Company Name Designation July 2004 to till Date HCL Technologies Associate General Manager March 2004 till July 2004 HP (Hewlett Packard) Technical Analyst Dec 2003 to March 2004 Apollo Tyres ERP Executive Feb 2001 to Dec 2003 Bhartia Industries Ltd. Systems Executive Education Level Subject College / University Masters MCA IGNOU Degree Bachelor of Commerce Delhi University Diploma NIIT (Computers) NIIT Training Attended SAP Web AS Java Administration ADM 200 from SAP SAP Upgrade Training ADM 326 from SAP SAP NW IDM 7.1 Training from SAP Certification ISO/IEC20000 A88_sruditor ITIL V3 Foundation MCSE PMSTEP
3. Rahul Kohli 3 | P a g e Solution and Projects executed as SME Client Name Projects Duration Role MECOM, Denmark SAP ECC Data Archiving Jan’15 to Feb’15 SAP Data Archiving SME Celestica, Canada SAP ECC Upgrade May'13 to Feb'14 SAP S&A and GRC SME ANN INC. SAP ECC Data Archiving Sep’13 to Oct’13 SAP Data Archiving SME Celestica, Singapore SAP ECC Upgrade July’12 to Feb'13 SAP S&A and GRC SME PFG (Performance Food Group), USA SAP ECC Data Archiving and SAP Security Assessment Jan’12 to Feb’12 SAP Data Archiving and SAP Security SME DPSG (Dr. Pepper Snapple Group), USA SAP ECC Data Archiving Oct’11 to Dec’11 Project Manager and SAP Data Archiving SME SAP ECC Data Archiving Assessment June’11 to July’11 SAP Data Archiving SME AGILENT Technologies SAP ECC Data Archiving March’10 to August’10 SAP Data Archiving SME CORNING, USA SAP ECC Upgrade and APO Implementation Assessment May’10 to June’10 SAP Security SME Project Experience Company/Project NBCU (SAP SOLMAN Upgrade) Duration Oct 2015 to March 2015 Position Program Manager Responsibilities Design overall SAP Solution Manager Upgrade strategy from 7.0 to 7.1 SP13. Define project plan and effort estimations with the coordination/inputs from client stakeholders. Design testing approach using the HCL standard methodologies. Preparing and tracking project matrices per defined project phases. Managing and planning the new customer change requirement for SAP Instances stack upgrade plan. Managing the cost and efforts. Publishing the project status and driving the project review and status meeting Company/Project NBCU (SAP Client Tools Upgrade) Duration Feb 2015 to Sep 2015 Position Program Manager Responsibilities Design overall SAP Stack upgrade approach for Domestic and International Landscape for ECC, BW, SRM and PI. Define project plan and effort estimations with the coordination/inputs from client stakeholders. Design testing approach using the HCL standard methodologies. Preparing and tracking project matrices per defined project phases. Managing and planning the new customer change requirement for SAP Instances stack upgrade plan. Managing the cost and efforts. Publishing the project status and driving the project review and status meeting
4. Rahul Kohli 4 | P a g e Company/Project HCL (BizKPI POC using SAP Solution Manager BPMON “Business Process Monitoring” Functionality) Duration October 2014 to January 2015 Position SAP Solution Architect Responsibilities Design the solution approach for Solution setup. Identification and defined Business KPI for SD and MM process. Defining the SAP Systems requirement and mapped the data technical flow. Define the Business KPI in SAP SOLMAN. Design the Interactive dashboard look and feel. Resolving technical issues related to SAP SOLMAN, BW, BO and ECC. Track the project deliverables. Company/Project HCL GDC SAP LAB Duration March 2011 to January 2015 Position Service Delivery Manager and Operation Manager Responsibilities Engaging with senior management for strategy planning, delivery and business reviews. Supporting SAP Application in “Business As Usual” Mode and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction Collaborating with client business team comprehend their business requirements and recommend right technical solution Define Scope of services for new client project. Defining knowledge transition strategy. Planning and executing transition plans. Managing the SAP Support team for ensuring all timely agreed project deliverable. Build and track project plans for SAP Implementation and upgrade projects Setting up ITIL or CMMI defined Process for new engagements e.g. IM, CM, RM, SR etc. Managing administrative activities e.g. Shift Assignment, Cab Assignment, Resource Assignment, Billing, Forecast, Providing Metrics to various internal teams, Performance Appraisals etc. Single point contact with client for delivery or project escalation management. Managing HCL Innovation LAB 60+ SAP Instances on Cloud with 100% uptime. Engaging with senior management for strategy planning & business reviews Develop new tools in Innovation lab for effort reduction and cost savings in SAP Support Projects. Managing and Planning the new customer requirement for SAP Instances for solution development Setting up and Managing SAP systems for new SAP Solution POC (proof of concept), ramp-up exploration and demo Preparing and tracking project matrices e.g. Weekly Reports, Fortnightly Reports, Monthly Delivery Dashboard, Quarterly Business Reviews etc. Publishing Monthly Newsletter for Employee connect. Company/Project HCL (EAS-SAP GDC) Duration October 2013 till July 2014 Position Delivery Excellence Lead
5. Rahul Kohli 5 | P a g e Responsibilities Leading CMMI level 5 HM SVC and DEV model implementation initiative for SAP India GDC 34 SAP Engagements. Design and coordinating between 4 councils (Engineering, Metrics and Estimation, Defect Prevention and Technology Research) work to achieve CMMI level 5 process design with the help Council heads and leads. Driving Management review meetings monthly and Quarterly. Create and Maintain Risk and Issue register Publishing the Process Performance Model on quarterly interval for all 34 SAP Engagements. Leading continuous delivery improvement initiative across India SAP GDC organizations Publishing Weekly Capsule for Process awareness Maintain ISO20K certification status for SAP India GDC Lead all SAP India GDC delivery quality improvement initiative e.g. Tool Benefits Index, Project Compliance Index, Customer Satisfaction etc. Enable SAP India GDC accounts and projects to reduce the cost of delivery and increase quality using best practices and technology. Establish a global end-to-end approach for consistently delivering customer values Leverage the right tools to measure and monitor progress Company/Project AGILENT (SAP ASM) Duration June 2009 to March 2011 Position Service Delivery Manager Background I was managing AGILENT US based high-tech customer SAP Application Support and Maintenance engagement as an Offshore ASM Delivery Manager, responsible for overall SAP support including Functional (Back office, Front Office, Finance, CRM Functional) and Technical (BASIS, Security, ABAP, CRM, BI) tracks, managing agreed Service Levels, value creation, quality management following the ITIL and ISO20K process, resource management, managing document repository, Project financials etc. Responsibilities Build and executed the transition plan Setup and track KT sessions between HCL and Agilent old Vendor Team/SMEs. Participating in Daily Sync up meetings with HCL and Agilent stakeholders. Reporting weekly update to Agilent leadership team using agreed reporting methodology. Review with Internal/external stakeholders to ensure the timeline of transition remains Intact. In reverse shadow phase ensuring team is working of some live tickets and updating documents Ensuring all system overview documents and Run books are signed off as per agreed sign off Criteria. Setting up process for regular update of documents. Maintaining the Service Level Agreements as per SOW. Tracking Incident Management on daily basis and managing the Backlog control. Value Idea Portal and Problem Management implementation KEDB and KMDB implementation. Training and skill measurement to enhance productivity. HCL’s OMS and ISO 20K Process Implementation and control Reporting status updates to Team, Client, and HCL Senior Management. Facing Monthly Project Compliance Index Audit. Ownership of all Technical deliverables. Involvement in client’s architecture design review forums.
6. Rahul Kohli 6 | P a g e Team Management, ensuring all timely deliverable, handling escalations, delivery management Preparing and tracking project matrices e.g. Weekly Reports, Fortnightly Reports, Monthly Delivery dashboard, Quarterly Business Reviews etc. Single point contact with client for delivery or project escalation management. Engaging with senior management for strategy planning & business reviews Responsible for the Project Margin and P&L Company/Project AMD (SAP ASM) Duration July 2004 to May 2009 Position Service Delivery manager (Enterprise Application Group and SAP Security) Background I was working in AMD as a SAP Security SDM and managing the Apps admin track also Find below matrix of project worked for client AMD: - Projects Duration Role SAP Support Oct’08 to May’09 Enterprise Application Service Delivery Lead SAP R/3, CRM and BI (Auth Model) Upgrade March’08 to Sep’08 Team Lead SAP Integration AMD and ATI April’07 to Oct’07 Team Lead SAP BW, HR, SRM and APO Upgrade July’06 to Feb’07 Team Lead GRC (VIRSA Compliance Calibrator) Upgrade March’06 to May’06 SAP Security Consultant SAP Systems Audit related to SOX and SAP License review (LAW) Sep’05 to Dec’05 SAP Security Consultant HR module implementation on portal Jan’05 to April’05 SAP Security Consultant SAP Security Support July’04 to Dec’05 SAP Security Consultant Responsibilities Team Management, ensuring all timely deliverable, single point of contact for client and managing Escalations Tracking Incident Management on daily basis and managing the Backlog control. Value Idea Implementation Managing and Tracking Service Request, Change management and Problem management. Preparing and tracking project matrices e.g. Weekly Reports, Fortnightly Reports, Monthly Delivery dashboard, Responsible for Collaborating with functional managers to comprehend their business requirement and recommend solutions Planning and Implementing new project requirement. Responsible to maintain the SOX compliance in SAP Area and SAP Audits Support design and implementation of SAP Security in R/3, HR, BW, APO, CRM and Enterprise Portal Responsible for working with SAP Functional Team/Key Business Users in designing SAP Authorization Matrix Responsible for orienting and mentoring new/junior employees Handling Technical project Management issues