Published on October 20, 2014
2. Implementation Experiences: Oracle Manufacturing Analytics Daniel Allen – Qualcomm - Director, IT Eric Lloyd – Qualcomm - Systems Analyst, Senior Staff Harry George – Oracle - Sales Consultant
3. 3 1.Consolidate manufacturing data to provide ultimate business value 2.Leverage existing BI Applications investment 3.Focus on strategic, top-down business analytics Manufacturing Analytics Themes
4. 4 Headquarters – San Diego, CA Offices – Worldwide Employees – 31,000 Key Business Areas: −CDMA Chipsets −Technology Licensing (IP) −Snapdragon Processor FY 2013 Revenue $26.3B – Up 9% YoY FY 2014 Q3 Earnings Growth – 41.6% YoY Qualcomm Overview Highlights
5. 5 2009 •OBIEE 10g 2010 2011 •OBIEE 10g •BI Applications 126.96.36.199 2012 2013 •OBIEE 11g •BI Applications 188.8.131.52 2014 •OBIEE 11g / Noetix replaces Oracle Discoverer 2015 Oracle BI stack at Qualcomm Increasing OBIEE and OBIA footprint Corp. Finance Spends, Finance GL and Revenue Corp. Finance OBIEE OBIA Inventory, Service, Planning and Quality Carousel reports Corp. Finance Spends, Finance GL and Revenue BU Expansion, Projected Spends QMT Noetix Carousel reports Corp. Finance Inventory, Service, Planning and Quality Spends, Finance GL and Revenue Corp. Oracle Answers with Noetix GV Asset Analytics, R12 Integration QMT Noetix Carousel reports Corp. Finance BU Expansion, Projected Spends Inventory, Service, Planning and Quality Spends, Finance GL and Revenue •OBIEE 11g •BI Applications 184.108.40.206 Corp. Oracle Answers with Noetix GV Asset Analytics, R12 Integration QMT Noetix Carousel reports Corp. Finance BU Expansion, Projected Spends Inventory, Service, Planning and Quality Spends, Finance GL and Revenue Manufacturing Analytics Conflict Minerals Corp. Oracle Answers with Noetix GV Asset Analytics, R12 Integration QMT Noetix Carousel reports Corp. Finance BU Expansion, Projected Spends Inventory, Service, Planning and Quality Spends, Finance GL and Revenue Manufacturing Analytics Conflict Minerals Exalytics •Exalytics
6. 6 Copyright © 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. BI Applications Rapid Performance Insight CRM ANALYTICS ORACLE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE FOUNDATION OTHER OPERATIONAL AND ANALYTIC SOURCES SOURCE ADAPTERS: SALES •Pipeline Analysis •Forecast Accuracy •Up-sell/Cross-sell •Cycle Times •Lead Conversion •Sales Team Effectiveness MARKETING •Campaign Effectiveness •Customer Insight •Product Propensity •Market Basket Analysis •Campaign ROI SERVICE & CONTACT CENTER •Service Effectiveness •Customer Satisfaction •Resolution Rates •Service Rep Efficiency •Service Cost •Service Trends PRICE •Price Segments •Price Waterfall Analysis •Deal Life Cycle •Deal Desk Analysis •Product Pricing Performance LOYALTY •Member Demographics •Membership Trends •Promotion Cost •Promotion Effectiveness •Points Analysis ERP ANALYTICS FINANCIALS •General Ledger •Accounts Receivable •Accounts Payable •Cash Flow •Profitability •Expense Management PROCUREMENT & SPEND •Direct & Indirect Spend •Buyer Productivity •Contract Compliance •Supplier Perf. •Purch. Cycle Time •Employee Expense SUPPLY CHAIN & ORDER MGMT •Revenue & Backlog •Inventory Analysis •Fulfillment Status •Customer Status •Order Cycle Time •BOM Analysis PROJECTS •Project Funding and Budget •Product Cost •Project Revenue •Project Billing •Project Profitability HUMAN RESOURCES •Employee Productivity •Compensation •Talent Management •Recruiting Analysis •Learning Analysis •Workforce Profile MANUFACTURING •Plan to Produce •Work Orders •Inventory and WIP •Quality •Resource Usage •Bill of Material •Costing •Kanban ENTERPRISE ASSET MANAGEMENT •Maintenance History •Maintenance Costing •Asset Genealogy •Breakdown & Preventive •Quality •Inventory
7. 7 Copyright © 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Manufacturing Execution •Provides executives, operations managers, productions supervisors with a broad overview of performance across the plant operations •Discrete, Hi-tech, OSFM, Repetitive and Process Manufacturing Quality •Manufacturing Quality, both discrete and process: test plans, collection elements, test results, process samples, process specifications and process specification test results. •Root cause analysis of Inspection plans and quality test results Oracle Manufacturing Analytics Insight into the Plan to Produce Process
8. 8 Copyright © 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Costing •Manufacturing cost breakdown •Cost variances helps with root cause analysis •Extends Manufacturing costs reconciliation with GL Planning •Forecasts and forecast accuracy, along with production to plan adherence and support for hard and soft pegging of demand and supply Inventory and Kanban •Lot analysis and serial control tracking •Inventory transactions by lot, Inventory aging, excess and obsolescence •Kanban performance tracking and kanban replenishment cycles Oracle Manufacturing Analytics Insight into the Plan to Produce Process
9. 9 San Diego facility for board build, final assembly, unit provisioning and test −5 advanced SMT lines, various assembly areas Potential to expand to various contract manufacturers serving APAC market Produce hardware for Qualcomm Engineers and External Partners −Prototype devices (phones/tablets), test boards, emulators, NPI/first run emerging consumer products −Support “early entry” of product launches and global market for devices −Facilitate in-house build process by managing material and resource costs High mix, low volume discrete manufacturing −Dynamic demand / BOM requirements based on customer requests and approved components −Enablement of Qualcomm’s time-to-market business advantage – improved turnaround time −Primary goals are flexibility, delivering to customer schedule and product quality requirements Background Qualcomm Hardware Manufacturing
10. 10 Qualcomm’s Manufacturing Applications Manufacturing Systems In Place BI App Manufacturing App Legend:
11. 11 Single Source of truth for all manufacturing data −Streamline overall reporting solutions and data gathering efforts Support operational and KPI-base reporting needs Elimination of high cost queries against transactional systems Movement toward strategic, top down management tools for manufacturing Provide executive visibility and access to key business data Reduced inventory costs and production delays Improved productivity and product quality −Better quality, elimination of waste, smoothing of operational processes Implementation Expected Value / Benefit
12. 12 Partner with Oracle and KPI Partners on a Proof of Concept BI Steering Committee approval for project and investment Implement out-of-box Manufacturing Analytics BI Application Add ETL, RPD, and Web Cat content for FactoryTalk MES data Train manufacturing users to be self-sufficient in OBIEE report development −Facilitate user driven reporting through bi-weekly report building workshops Implementation Key Steps
13. 13 kh Manufacturing Analytics Timeline Jan / 2014 Feb / 2014 Mar / 2014 Apr / 2014 May / 2014 June / 2014 July / 2014 Aug / 2014 Sept / 2014 Oct /2014 Nov /2014 User Training Out of Box BI App -Order Aging -Inventory MES Integration -SMT Aging -Queue Metrics -WIP Metrics -Yield Proof of Concept -BI App / QCOM Data Steering Committee Continued Report Development / Work Shops -Order Aging -Inventory
14. The information contained in this document is subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error free. Joint Proof of Concept • Reviewed Standard Content with Business User SME • Determined what out-of-the-box content was useful to show • Identified new content to add to existing dashboards • Identified product functionality to highlight (trellis charts, mobile, etc.) • KPI Partners conducted ETL effort for POC • Plant leadership demonstration • 2 joint review sessions to refine content and storyline • Kickoff by Qualcomm IT leadership • Demonstration showed how to get ahead of their customer issues and to root cause problems early on in the delivery cycle
15. 15 Implementation 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 BI App Implementation MES Implementation Sustaining Resource Count Project Phase Resources By Project Phase On Shore Consulting Off Shore Consulting On Shore Qualcomm Off Shore Qualcomm
16. 16 Implementation – Out of Box Manufacturing Executive
17. 17 Implementation – Out of Box Production Performance
18. 18 Implementation MES Dashboards/Reports
19. 19 Implementation MES Dashboards / Reports - WIP Metrics
20. 20 Implementation MES Dashboards - WIP Metrics
21. 21 Focus on BI fundamental skill vs. OBIEE or BI Apps specific When building a team, evaluate where complementary skills can be applied. E.g. SOA or TIBCO developer transition to Informatica Use consulting to jumpstart projects by leveraging BI Apps specific knowledge Distribute/share responsibility with offshore Leverage source system expertise and business knowledge Implementation Notes on Staffing / Resources
22. 22 Top down BI through use of Oracle BI at Operations Reviews −Execs now have strategic, KPI focused dashboards that align to strategic initiatives Exceptions are managed as they happen, rather than “after the fact” −Manufacturing Execs are prepared to meet with their customers and have already addressed gaps/problems Integration of BI in to planning meetings Operational changes are being driven −Focus is on queue counts and durations −Bottlenecks are being seen and addressed Implementation Realized Business Value
23. 23 Quarterly BI Steering Committee −Director to Senior Director level sponsors −Focus on 3-4 month projects −Approve priority across numerous business units, primarily Supply Chain and Finance related customers Monthly IT Summit −Ensures alignment across IT system owners – e.g. Procurement , Supply Chain, Sales Ops, etc. −Pull system related changes/concerns from BI team −Push BI initiatives/concerns to system teams Deliver at the Right Level −Partner with Execs to drive BI down through their organizations −When the boss is measuring his/her folks, those below will quickly get on board Qualcomm BI Apps Practice Strategic Approach to BI Implementation / Management
24. 24 Enable BI maturity in the business −Show, rather than ask (leverage initial OOTB capabilities) −Users only really understand BI when they can see it, especially when it’s their data Manage ERP and BI systems as a “connected” services −Reduction of ERP customizations allows better leveraging of BI applications −View BI capabilities as a natural extension of ERP projects Utilize Agile project methodologies - Scrum −Drive change through quick releases −Rapidly respond to changing business priorities −Continuously improve the capabilities of your team Qualcomm BI Apps Practice Tactical Approach to BI Implementation / Management
25. 25 Make your customers your partners −Make customers responsible for creating and managing their BI content −Recognize and reward the business for positive results Create BI solutions that are integrated in to business process −Drive business decisions, don’t simply provide reports −Enable more efficient services and higher product quality Qualcomm BI Apps Practice Tactical Approach to BI Implementation / Management
26. 26 Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Other products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners Thank you
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
View 3976 Oracle Manufacturing ... Oracle Manufacturing Analytics Public Sector Oracle Tax ... Qualcomm Implementation Experiences: ...
With Oracle Application Express and Oracle Data ... Oracle Exadata/Oracle Exalytics Integration for Fast Analytics and an Optimized Data Warehouses ...
... Deliver Digital Experiences; ... and process optimization and on to implementation and ... Oracle CX Offerings; TCS' Retail Analytics and ...
Learn more about Oracle Manufacturing ... in the implementation and operation ... share their experiences on: How Oracle’s Engineering ...
... ISA-88 Implementation Experiences, addresses the ISA-88 series of protocols: what they are and how they have been used in real industrial practice.
Explore customer reviews and case studies from some of the 320,000 satisfied SAP clients who are ... Human Capital Analytics; ... Manufacturing Planning ...
Leveraging Technology to Improve Customer Experience and Marketing ... with advanced analytics as well as ... Implementation of a ...
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. ... by more than 500 customers across financial services, ... healthcare, manufacturing, media, ...