Published on March 16, 2016
1. Integrated Marketing Communication and Advertising.
2. PUBLIC RELATIONS in IMC.
3. Hello! This presentation is created by Aditya Sheth.
4. “ If was down to my last dollar, I would spend it on public relations.” -Bill Gates
5. 1 What is public relations? Let’s start with the primal question.
6. What is PR? ⊙Public relations can be simply defined as the practice of managing communication between an organization and the public. ⊙In essence, it is a corporate armour that a company can wear which would protect the company during adverse times.
7. Functions of PRPublic Relations serves multiple functions, some of them are:-
8. Functions of PR ⊙Promoting goodwill, ⊙Promoting product, service, corporate image, ⊙Corporate communications, ⊙Lobbying, ⊙Counteracting negative publicity.
9. A picture is worth a thousand words Pretty much sums up PR.
10. Uses of PR Customer complaints and redressal. Combating rumours/and falsehoods. It is an opportunity to cement relationships with the consumer Very important in the service and hospitality industry. Capitalise rumour to your benefit or dismiss if ridiculous. Give the positive side of a story and disclose certain facts.
11. Advantages of PR
12. Advantages of PR ⊙Improves credibility, ⊙Usually PR is inexpensive, ⊙Helps in lead generation, ⊙Ability to reach specific groups, ⊙Image building.
13. Disadvantage s of PR ⊙Difficult to quantify PR benefits, ⊙Lack of control, ⊙‘DEFT’ management required.
14. Things PR agencies do among media
15. #1 Activity on the web? Social media. Because it builds emotional connections with the audience and produces measurable results. PR and social media go hand in hand.
16. 2. ALS Ice bucket challenge. The case study of the viral PR phenomenon.
17. ALS Ice bucket challenge ⊙ALS stands for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. ⊙Participants are expected to donate $10 if they have poured the water over their head and donate $100 if they have not. ⊙People who take the
18. ALS Ice bucket challenge ⊙A phenomenon like the Ice Bucket Challenge doesn’t come along very often. For PR managers who are closely following the campaign, it’s hard to catch lightning a bottle. ⊙Perhaps the most salient lesson is that you can’t hatch a viral campaign in a boardroom or a series of marketing meetings in which executives are implored to think differently. Any content that takes off like wildfire is likely to be organic in
19. Some compellin g Statistics
20. 11.4m$In donations.That’s a lot of money 30,000Number of Americans with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. 1.2mVideos posted on Facebook
21. Place your screenshot here . A small video clip showcasing Elon Musk carrying out the Ice bucket challenge as nominated by Bill gates.
22. ALS Ice bucket challenge ⊙ Some takeaways from this PR stunt:- ⊙ When people are raising awareness and/or funding on your organization’s behalf en masse, try and harness the interest by engaging participants at the local level. Throw a house party (or two) for people who have been major players in the campaign. Use those gatherings as an opportunity to spread the message and better
23. ⊙Leverage the campaign to shift people’s attention to the ongoing needs of the organization or charitable cause, whether that’s lobbying at the governmental level or communicating what else people can do to assist in the effort (beyond funding), which plays into the third tip. ALS Ice bucket challenge
24. ALS Ice bucket challenge ⊙Serve as a conduit to people who want to help the cause at a granular level. Regarding the Ice Bucket Challenge, there are most likely people who met the challenge and now want to further help people and families grappling with ALS. Use all communications channels to coordinate such efforts.
25. Thanks! A big thank you to for providing me this topic. Hope I did justice to our topic.
Public relations has much to contribute--much of IMC is, in fact, based on public relations theories and practices--but it also has much to gain from the ...
Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) is the application of consistent brand messaging across both traditional and non-traditional marketing channels ...
1 Public Relations, Integrated Marketing Communications, and Professional Development in PR Mitchell Friedman, Ed.D., APR Associate Dean, Career ...
Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) and the role of Public Relations (PR) therein : a case study of University X
Home Die Internet Agentur imc bietet Ihnen professionelle Suchmaschinenoptimierung, SEO, sowie Suchmaschinenmarketing, SEM, professionelles Webdesign und ...
Home. Modern text-book writers in the public relations and marketing fields more-or-less agree that the key to integrated marketing communications is planning.
The importance of IMC to PR professionals. In a recent survey by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), respondents identified integrated ...
IMC Marketing Group LLC offers an integrated marketing program that creates concepts for advertising, public relations and web development. We have been ...