Published on March 14, 2016
1. Promax Europe 2016 Patrick Bay Damsted - March 14th 2016
2. This presentation as a PDF? email@example.com
3. The state of television
4. The state of television Week 4 in Denmark Population 5.7 M
5. The state of television Week 4 in Denmark Population 5.7 M 1/5 Shanghai 1/2 Moscow 1/1 Santiago
6. Based on week 4 in each year Source: Gallup TV-Meter ofﬁcial press release. 3.600.000 3.700.000 3.800.000 3.900.000 4.000.000 1996 2006 2016 Average daily viewers in Denmark 12+
7. From 3.919.000 to 3.618.000
8. Are they cutters or shavers?
9. 4.700.000 4.800.000 4.900.000 5.000.000 5.100.000 Uge 1 Uge 2 Uge 3 Uge 4 2015 2016 Source: Gallup TV-Meter ofﬁcial press release. Average weekly viewers in Denmark 12+ 2015 vs 2016
10. Between 231.000 og 322.00 Danes are missing per week.
11. Even though they can´t completely cut…
12. 60 65 70 75 80 1996 2006 2016 Based on week 4 in each year Source: Gallup TV-Meter ofﬁcial press release. Average percentage of Danes 12+, that watched daily
13. From 79% to 69% - of Danes 12+
14. So where does that leave us?
15. It leaves us with a need to make more conceptual communication in more complex and fuller campaign designs
16. The classic NBC brand insight is dead:
17. If you didn´t have a television set, where would you put the sofa?
18. But it also emphasizes what value we bring:
19. Why is there endless scrolling on Netﬂix?
20. Why is there endless scrolling on Netﬂix? Because there are no promos to help make choices
21. What is the only other element than content in linear television, that the audience actually think is a service to them? You guessed it!
22. What is the only other element than content in linear television, that the audience actually think is a service to them? You guessed it! Promos!
23. Ok, let´s get to it.
24. The new demands
25. A campaign has to work at three different levels First:
26. The three levels • Among friends (on your channel as a promo, between programmes as continuity, on your channels social pages) • Among likeminded (shared between people with the same interests or set of values, on external press-sites, in interest driven communities) • And as advertising (all purchased views - from banners over Youtube prerolls to Instagram videos)
27. The deliverables you need to make a campaign work Second:
28. This is Kodo
29. Kodo on Youtube Take half a minute… - to experience 1400 years of history
30. Kodo on Youtube
31. Kodo on Youtube You do not hear Kodo with your ears… - you experience them with whole your body
32. Kodo on Youtube
33. Youtube • 5 seconds of sound and vision (if treated as Trueview) • Clickable action overlays all the way through • Furthermore cards can be activated • Long outro with clickable choices
34. This is Kodo on Facebook
35. Facebook • 3 seconds of vision • Action buttons can be added outside the player • You need to write your hard sell in the video
36. Kodo on Facebook You do not hear Kodo with your ears… - you experience them with whole your body
37. Kodo on Facebook
38. Kodo on Facebook
39. We need to experiment and work with the new principles of platforms
40. Our new friends
41. The fans!
42. The fans!
43. The people!
44. A promo inspired them At least we can be inspired back
45. Use the visual language and use the new tools
46. http://bzfd.it/1povCkd If I can only make you do one thing:
47. How do we do?
48. I like to work in the good old fashioned way…
49. - that never happens!
50. A good brief • What are we showing? • Why are we showing it? • Who does it something for? • What it is supposed to do for them? • When will we show it?
51. The non-brief stuff • Everything that can´t be explained with words
52. The good debrief • I have understood the job • I have understood the conﬁnements, the broken dreams, the legal aspects, and so on • These are my key insights • This is my mindset in general • This is the time and or budget I need
53. The non-debrief-stuff • Everything that can´t be explained with words
54. The stuff we talk about
55. • The product • The market • The target group • The campaign mechanics The stuff we talk about
56. The stuff it´s harder to talk about
57. Stuff we mostly feel • The pace of the edit • Shifts in tempo • The quirky insight • The deep, dry bas • The unexpected word in a script or a silent beat
58. Stuff we really miss, when it is missing.
59. The Truth • We are mostly asked to do the stuff we talk about • We are mostly rewarded for doing the stuff we only feel
60. The Truth • We are payed to do the stuff we talk about • We are happy when we do the stuff we feel
61. Next level • Concept • Idea • Execution
62. From insight to concept • Insights are the best bits of your research • Concepts are the heightened understanding, based on your research
63. From concept to idea • Concepts are the heightened understanding, based on your research • Ideas are ways of making people connect with this higher level of understanding themselves and our lives.
64. From idea to promo • Ideas are ways of making people connect with this higher level of understanding themselves and our lives. • Execution - well, it´s getting things done.
65. The cycle • Going from what we barely notice (insight) • Through a general understanding (concept) • To feeling it (idea) • And wanting more of the same (execution)
66. The best I have seen (on screen)
67. Edgar Tangs campaign for Dallas Buyers Club
68. So, that´s it!
71. Campaignability • The insight becomes the concept • The concept becomes the idea • The idea becomes a campaign • The campaign works on all three levels • And have the deliverables to make the most of it
72. So where does that leave us?
73. It leaves us with a need to make more conceptual communication in more complex and fuller campaign designs
74. But there is ONE person, who can say it so much better!
75. The Voice Over Guy At least do it for
76. And next time (or in the bar), I would love to tell you why I think we should never campaign for ourselves and our products, but always for the people we would like to connect with.
77. This presentation as an PDF? firstname.lastname@example.org
78. Promax Europe 2016 Patrick Bay Damsted - March 14th 2016
Europe’s leading media companies and agencies are coming to Barcelona for PromaxBDA Europe 2016 ... of 2016 PromaxBDA Europe ... Masterclass. In this ...
PromaxBDA Europe Awards 2016. Celebrating European creativity. SEE WHO WON. Time to Renew. 9 reasons to renew your PromaxBDA membership. RENEW NOW.
For Promax Europe 2016, the team approached us to commission the opening reel and graphic identity for the occasion. What an exciting opportunity!
The yearly Promax event in Europe is always exciting, but even more so when the conferences are hosted here in Barcelona! The Promax team approached us to ...
PromaxBDA Europe 2016. Monday, March 14, 2016 at 8:00 AM in ... Delighted to have won the Promax BDA Arabia award for best music for the piece I composed ...
Barcelona-based design agency Comodoscreen created the opening video for #PromaxBDA Europe 2016 at the Hotel Arts Barcelona, 14 March 2016.
EUROPEAN SUMMER MASTERCLASSES of PIANO and PERFORMING ART Lessons will be held at some ofthe most prestigious Music Academy in Europe, such as Royal ...
Promaxbda | Europe Awards 2016. Lightcut Film is proud to annunce to be part of the finalists for Out-of-house Agency of the Year at Promaxbda Grand Prix ...
Promax Events. Africa; Asia; ANZ; ... In the Masterclass on day two, ... I strongly encourage you to send in your best work for the PromaxBDA India 2016 ...