Published on October 27, 2016
1. Presented by -Srikanth Bairu
2. What is it ? How is it made ? How is it used ?
3. What is jacquard Jacquard is a type of weaving which is invented by - Joseph Marie Jacquard.
4. What is Project Jacquard It is a wearable technology revealed a new vision for wearable technology that won't make you feel lame to wear. The effort in inventing this consists of two separate-but-related ventures: ProjectJacquard, with an assist from Project Soli. Founder of this project is Ivan Poupyrev
5. The brainchild of Google’s Advanced Technology and Progress (ATAP) department, Project Jacquard was announced at their I/O developer conference in San Francisco Google’s Project Jacquard is experimenting with conductive threads woven into garments that transform nearly any area into a touch sensitive panel much like the screen on your smartphone.
6. They form a new innovation involving special fabrics woven with conductive yarns and motion sensors.
7. How Is It Made Spinning Conductive Yarn Weaving Interactive Textiles Embeding Electronics Producing at scale
8. Spinning Conductive Yarn Jacquard yarn structures combine thin, metallic alloys with natural and synthetic yarns like cotton, polyester, or silk, making the yarn strong enough to be woven on any industrial loom. Jacquard yarns are indistinguishable from the traditional yarns that are used to produce fabrics today.
9. weaving interactive textiles Using conductive yarns, bespoke touch and gesture-sensitive areas can be woven at precise locations, anywhere on the textile. Alternatively, sensor grids can be woven throughout the textile, creating large, interactive surfaces.
10. Embeding Electronics Developed innovative techniques to attach the conductive yarns to connectors and tiny circuits These miniaturized electronics capture touch interactions Captured touch and gesture data is wirelessly transmitted to mobile phones or other devices to control a wide range of functions
11. Producting on Scale Jacquard components are cost-efficient to produce, and the yarns and fabrics can be manufactured with standard equipment used in mills around the world. One loom can generate as many different textile designs as there are people on the planet. Now that same loom can also weave in interactivity.
12. unlikely existing conductive threads project jacquard yarn works with different fibers ...wool,silk, polyester,cotton and comes in a full range of colors Levis and denim have made a contract with google for this project
13. How Is It used While initially geared towards clothing, Google documents also mention that it could be used for toys, furniture, and construction materials. it can moniter heart rate and our body temperature.
14. it is used in enabling smart phone activity with hardware music control. it is usedin sending short messages.