Published on March 20, 2014
Productivity Tips for the Busy Tech Professional
http://seroter.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/how-do-i-get-things-done-new- pluralsight-course-reveals-all-my-secrets/ • Product Manager for cloud computing provider Tier 3, a Microsoft MVP, blogger, author, trainer and frequent public speaker • SOA/BPM technology specialist • “Applied Architecture Patterns on the Microsoft Platform” (Packt Publishing, 2010) • “SOA Patterns with BizTalk Server 2009? (Packt Publishing, 2009) • “Microsoft BizTalk 2010: Line of Business Systems Integration” (Packt Publishing, 2011) 2 Richard Seroter
• Setting the Foundation • Establishing a Frame of Mind • Managing Time Effectively Agenda
• Day job, family, community, technology watch, blog, twitter, Facebook … • More techno doesn’t mean more free time ! • People like to say they are busy • « I’m busy » means « I’m super important » 4 Everyone is busy
• Can you accommodate changes ? • Are you satisfied or overwhelmed ? • Do you feel productive ? Maximize time and create flexibility 5 good questions to ask to yourself
Show me the money 6 Tip 1
Learn New Things Adding interesting value to boring stuff We can do a lot of things if we are happy ! 7 Tip 1 - Chase PASSIONS !
• Learn a little about everything 8 Tip 2
T shape : deep expertise in one or two areas and proficiency in others Sacrifice of time, but priceless in the future 9 Tip 2 - Invest in yourself
• Be a lone genius 10 Tip 3
• Knowledge as a team • Less ego but ask others Things done faster 11 Tip 3 – build expert networks
12 Tip 4 – always say yes
• Learn to say NO By saying no, you say yes to get time and flexibility to important things ! 13 Tip 4
Big Problem = Big Solution ! 14 Tip 5
• Decompose Big problems ! 15 Tip 5
• Satisfy your specific needs ? Focus on what’s need for the task and don’t over thinking over the future 16 Tip 6
• Check multiple boxes Choose activity that can satisfy more than one of your objectives 17 Tip 6
• If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 18 Tip 7
• Continuous improvement Not massive changes but efficient changes 19 Tip 7
• Aim to become replaceable , – to gain in flexibility – to be able to delegate – To take vacation 20 Tip 8
• Tip 9 : Scope every task Just get moving and evaluate later ! Put limits, set figures, know when to stop Time boxing Pomodoro technique http://pomodorotechnique.com/ • Tip 10: Schedule Your Tasks Tackle the todo list whenever you can Take control of your calendar ! 21 Managing Time Effectively
• Tip 11: Short, Accessible Todo Lists Capture tasks anywhere Getting Thing Done the art of stress-free productivity by David Allen http://doit.im/ : Dump, dump, dump ! 22 Managing Time Effectively
• Tip 12: Don't Procrastinate Only do work when it has to be done Finish your inbox • Tip 13: Stay Connected Get unplugged Learn a little bit from a lot of people to get many unique ideas and insights • Tip 14: Know When to Focus Multi-task constantly Disturbing a developer can cost 20min ! 23 Managing Time Effectively
• Tip 15: Skip the Proxy Follow the assigned path Skip the middle man ! Go straight to the source. Stop waiting ! • Tip 16: Maximize Free Time Work over? Relax • Tip 17: Step Away and Recharge Avoid breaks and plow ahead 24 Managing Time Effectively
Links • Richard Seroter • http://seroter.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/how-do-i-get-things-done-new- pluralsight-course-reveals-all-my-secrets/ • http://doit.im/ • http://pomodorotechnique.com/ • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JfIVGzIulE 26
Find out more • On https://techblog.betclicgroup.com/
About Betclic • Betclic Everest Group, one of the world leaders in online gaming, has a unique portfolio comprising various complementary international brands: Betclic, Everest Gaming, bet-at-home.com, Expekt… • Active in 100 countries with more than 12 million customers worldwide, the Group is committed to promoting secure and responsible gaming and is a member of several international professional associations including the EGBA (European Gaming and Betting Association) and the ESSA (European Sports Security Association). • Through our brands, Betclic Everest Group places expertise, technological know-how and security at the heart of our strategy to deliver an on-line gaming offer attuned to the passion of our players.
We are hiring! Betclic Everest, Bet on the best... job! We’re helping millions of on-line players express their passion for Sport, Poker, Casino, Horse Racing... We want our brands to be easy to use for every gamer around the world. We’re building our company to make that happen. Everything we do should reflect our values: Come and work in a friendly atmosphere based on trust & cooperation between IT Teams. So bet on the best job & join our teams!
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
A set of actionable tasks for taking control of your schedule and creating more agility in your professional life.
Get your Tutorial, Video Training ... Productivity Tips for the Busy Tech ... PLURALSIGHT_PRODUCTIVITY_TIPS_FOR_THE_BUSY_TECH_PROFESSIONAL_TUTORIAL ...
Productivity Tips for the Busy Tech Professional English | .MP4 | h264, yuv420p, 1024x768, 464 kb/s, 1000.00 fps | aac, 44100 Hz, 127 kb/s | 237 MB
Pluralsight - Productivity Tips for the Busy Tech Professional TUTORIAL-kEISO Authored by: Richard Seroter Duration: 59m Level: Beginner Released: 1/8/2014
pluralsight - productivity tips for the busy tech professional | 207.439 mb genre: e-learning
Productivity Tips for the Busy Tech Professional; File Size: 240.57 MB; File Count: 25; Create Time: 2015-09-03; Update Time: 2016-03-11; Hash ...
Everyone is busy nowadays: job, family, community, technology watch, blog, twitter, Facebook… And more techno doesn’t mean more free time !
Pluralsight - Productivity Tip for the Busy Tech Professional 237MB | 0h 59m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1024x768 15fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch Genre: eLearning ...