Published on February 21, 2014
HOW TO PREVENT ROAD ACCIDENTS
• Mo importa metho to brin dow acciden i stric enforceme o n st nt d g limit 9 s ot acciden ca b avoid b ts nt f speed strict enforcement of nspeeded s. 0 % f ts e y • Hea Penal shoul b impos o A limits. this vy wh cros spee ed ty d e n LL strictly implemented, limits. If will nobody is s d those o dare to go at high speed.
• Existi spee limit shoul b broug down d ng s d e ht • Hea penalt fo thos wh caus further. accident vy y r e o e • Tamp proo spee controlle shoul b s. mad mandatory for all heavy e er f d rs d vehicl shoul e vehicles. Newhav buil i tamp es e t n er heavy speed d proof controllers.
• Ne gadget ar to b develop fo collision prevention e ed and should be w s e r al vehicl DRD an othe researc fitted on organizatio O l e. d aske to h r such gadgets a war footing. For ns should be d develop gadget can example,to automatica develop on slo dow th s be ed if saf distan lly commensurate vehicle,the speed of w n e with e ce the vehicle in front is not maintained.
• Two wheeler manufacturers should to design wheele with designe be asked maximum speed of (say) 50/60 two rs a d • kmph. Diving tests for issue of Driving license is to be • Raisi of ag foolproof. tw wheel lim fo made more stringent and and Heavy Vehicle r o er ng lower e it • Helm shoul b made b la license to 21. in all d states, OR impose a lower et e compulsory y w speed limit for those who do not use helmet.
• Helmet should be made compulsory for back • Ensu tha al Helm user are th seat riders also. Chinstr o l Helm Otherwi it wi e re t et s fixing help duringet. ap f an se ll not • Ensu tha ON goo qualit Helme ar accident. available in thedmarket. ts re t LY y e • Strict enforcement of existing traffic rules.
• La shoul b modifi suc tha th person th w d e ed accide hat to e h (sa 0 to 1mad e th insuran claim %o nt who s bear dependi 0 e severi o ce y) f e negligens, Als th compensati shoulce. mad o ng f b on ty huge, making accidents e e e ons d very unaffordable so that • A thos who vigilant. everyone will be very no mainta th saf distance for the speed should bee ll e do t in e punished.
• Safet awarene shoul begi fro childhoo as it i d diffic n to m y ss to a grown up a human. d, s ult impart i safety awareness If impart at childhoo safet will a s ed d, y awareness • be habit. / Comput Gam tha simula by te er es Video should be banned t discourag b parent as it wi devel Racing Government OR racing habit in ed y s ll op children.
• A sort o Mot sport especial racin shoul b f banne is Indily by ll s or g Telecae o dMot n a and Sport government. als d shoul be banned. st f or s Racing o •d and over speed / highly risky riding, b Hero shoul no b filme i Racing cinemas and TV serials. e d d t n driving y es Government should censor such scenes.
• Childr belo a certai ag shoul no b permitt wto d n bus road e en e d t roads whereoheavy vehicles s ed cycling in y / • Refreshm parlor shoul b mad are plying. available at s (say) 50 / 100 e e on k.m. ent d truck all every drivers b national highways and force / heavy vehicle having a face e d or by refresh by a wash having should to cup of tea / coffee.
• Th curre practi o keeping traffi signal i standb mod the e nt ce f durin night an c o holida i e bg review d to s n y s discontinue found e ed n ys s and • d if board an othe item tha prudent. junction s visibili r d s t Advertisement curvatur an ty othe part at o th road s, may obstruct should bedremoveds es r f e s immediately.
• Ensu tha th mone recover as Roa Ta i tfully y foed the re e d /maintenance x s utilised of construction r • roads. Time Punching of Private buses (practiced in some states) should be • discontinuedother media T and as it is forcing fordrivers to go at used the Public safety V should high speed, after awareness. traffic blocks. b effectiv e ely
• Scienti analys o majo acciden / prone f r fic is ts • Restricti of speed at accident prone • accident areas. on areas. • Enactment of stringent traffic rules. o thos suspensi o licens who are on involved theeaccidents, at f f e Immediate least until • Cancellati theylicens guilty. they prove that o are not o thos wh mak serious on f e f e o e accidents.
• Prop maintenan o roads. contracts / er ce f Permanent for arrangements road should be in place 24 hours a day, s maintaining all 365 in good condition is repaired in time it an year. If a gutter can save days • Strict enforcement of vehicle a life !!! • Period of testin o ol age drivi health ey s. license e g ic f d d ng • Immedi cancellati o licens o holders. drunkard drivers / ate on f e f riders.
• Settin u o Judici Commissi to to contr roa g pstep al f ons accidents. s ol d monitor taken • Straightening / Wideni o road o ng wa traffi an on Implementation f s, construction of e y c f d • Footpaths media shoul b mad medians. mandatory for important e e and ns d roads.
• Zebr crossin pedestria fo a gs appropriater ns • places. shoul b provide fo saf roa d d e r e d crossings at Signals for road crossings at important • busy • places where a largeprovid at al importa Humps b number of people places, accidented should e prone l nt have areas. the road to cross everyday.
• Construction, size and shape Hum b scientific. th Contract ps th o of the Public Works / Other departments e All e ors f e should be provided with the details of scientific Hump • Provisi o sma pilo hump fe meter construction. before f ll ca t on sb considered w s ensure that humps are not left humps n also e to unnoticed.
• Hum shoul b clearl marke to avoi accident Methoy o permane natur ps d e d, d shoul b ds s. f Hum markin Fo nt e example white marble pieces / r d e followed in p g. fluoresce pigme ca b includ i th white color / scientifically ed nt nt n e n e • mixture ( if correct). o obstructio o roa sides caused byf unauthorised d ns n , Elimination construction / road side sales.
• Increasi visibili nea curvatur Sometimes ty even cutting ofes. grass to ng r increase • visibility can help save many lives. b observ inRoad Safety Weekever yea School should Road Safety Day / Competiti o Roa s, Safety y Slogan e ed all r. Essay, Painting etc should be ons n d Tips, s, conducted for • School shoul b painte wit Brig various categories of students. Buses d e d h ht Yellow color.
• Le ‘Roa Safet b a mandato topi fo School Projects for ry classes, r all t d y’ e c • every year. tree pool of water orca hanging branch of as A small roadsid a caus accide such obstructions will make the on es n e nt, pedestrians an resul sudden accident movement an / drivers to take i LATERAL Henc obstruction on road sides ewhich y d t n s. LATE moveme shoul b complet can cause a rectifiednt RAL d e ely timely.
• Bla colo shoul no b permitt fo Cycles. d Defau colo for r ck r t e ed Preferred / lt r Cycles • Frontbeand Back of Lorries and should Yellow. b painte wit brig Yello colo to Trucks should increa visibili Thi wiw to preve hel r e d h ht collisio ty. whil Lorrill an Truc ar se s p nt parke o e roadsi witho parkin light ns es d ks e switched de d n ut g s on.
• Reflectors should be fixed on Front and Back • Period and Lorries. accide statisti to of Trucks revie o effec understa th f nt o action take ic w cs Correcti step t f take base o nd e s n. thes reviews. should be n ve s d n • e color should not be permitted for cars, othe vehicle o Black wheelers discourag b loadin extr s and r r two ed y g a premium for insurance.
• Attenti distracti Hoardings, advertisements shoul on ng banners, banned near roads / etc. d posters, • A automobi manufactur shoul highways. aske to d ll le ers safet o modified d strengthen y f vehicles design. More slides available at : http://www.slideshare.net/safeindianroads/tags/safety Send your suggestions and feedback to email@example.com Share with your friend colleagues and relatives to save many lives. b e b e by
We all know speed is a major factor in many accidents. However, not all accidents are caused by speed and not all accidents are preventable. Yet ...
How to prevent Road Accidents - Free download as PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online for free.
The ICDO offers causes and prevention techniques training modules that deal specifically with road accidents. Find out more here.
How to Avoid Car Accidents. Car accidents happen all the time – one drive down the freeway can attest to that. To avoid getting into one yourself, you ...
It is better to be safe than to be sorry. Prevent accidents by taking all the precautions you can.
How Can We Prevent Road Accidents From Happening? There is no doubt about it; there are far too many accidents on the road today. Even if you are the most ...
Other useful tips that help you avoid road accidents are - Avoid cell phone when driving - Check your car in regular intervals, ie constantly monitor its ...
Vehicle collision; traffic accident, motor vehicle accident, car accident, automobile accident, road traffic collision, road accident, road traffic ...
How to Prevent Home Accidents. More than 11,000 people die at home each year as a result of preventable injuries such as falls, fires, drownings and ...