Published on March 17, 2016
1. MY PORTFOLIO IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY LANCIAN, JEIZEL C. BSED-III HET
2. THE STUDENT ● I am Jeizel C. Lancian, 24 years old and currently residing at Balabagon, moalboal, Cebu. I am taking up bachelor of secondary education major in home economics and technology in Cebu Technological University Moalboal Campus.
3. • THE STUDENT • EXPLORING EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY 1 • EXPLORING EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY 2 • THE STUDENT AFTER EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY 1 AND 2
4. EXPLORING EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY 1 ● Introduction ᶱ In the 21st century the use of technology become rampant due to the fact that it could make our life easy. As a student and a future teacher we must get acquainted with today’s modern technology. We should always be updated with the use of technology that could help us make our job better and more accurate.
5. ● Educational technology is a “complex, integrated process involving people, procedures, ideas, devices and organization for analyzing problems and devising, implementing, evaluating and managing solutions to those problems involved in all aspects of human learning” ( Association for Educational Communications and Technology, 1977.) ● Educational technology is a profession like teaching. It is made up of organized effort to implement the theory, intellectual technique and practical application of educational technology. (David H. Jonassen, et al 1999)
6. Technology is a blessing for man. With technology, there is a lot that we can do which we could not do without it. However, when not used properly, technology becomes a detriment to learning and development.
7. ●Technology is Bone: • Factory machines ° Could help in making the job faster and easier. • In Farming ° Could help the farmers produce more food without too much work. • At home ° Could help the family through fast communication and work is done easily. ●Technology is Bane: • Factory machines ° Can cause pollution when misuse. • In Farming ° Farmers could be overly dependent to technology and could not think of other manual way of farming. • At home ° Can cause miscommunication and addiction in technology; can cause lack of physical contact.
8. TRADITIONAL •Technology serves as source and presenter of knowledge. •It is assumed that “knowledge is embedded in the technology and the technology presents that knowledge to a student.” •Technology like computers is seen as productivity tool. CONSTRUCTIVIST • Educational technology serves as learning tools to learn with. • It engages learners in active, constructive, intentional, authentic and cooperative learning. • It provides opportunities for technology and learner interaction for meaningful learning.
9. As tools to support knowledge construction As information vehicles for exploring knowledge to support learning-by- constructing As context to support learning-by-doing As a social medium to support learning by conversing As intellectual partner to support learning- by-reflecting
10. DO RP EO ITI APR SME F CA E CA M
11. Setting of a specific goal that needs to be achieved It serves as a guide for the teacher and the learners on what to learn
12. R I N • Readiness • Interest • Needs 3 things to conside r in makin g an objecti ve S • Specific M • Measurable A • Attainable R • Realistic/Result Oriented T • Time Bounded 5 Charac teristic s of an Object ive C • Cognitive Domain A • Affective Domain P • Psychomotor Domain 3 LEARNING DOMAINS THAT MUST BE CONSIDER ED IN MAKING AN OBJECTIVE
13. Selecting the appropriate methods of teaching including the strategies and technique that you will use. Will you use inductive or deductive approach? Specific to general or general to specific?
14. Selecting the appropriate experiences for the students. Selecting the right learning activities for the students.
15. Selecting the appropriate materials, equipment and even facilities you will use in achieving your objective. Selecting the best instructional material to achieved the best learning outcome.
16. Assigning or delegating task to the person in charge to help you meet your objective. 6. Implement The Instruction (ITI) • Application of all the things you planned and prepared in order to meet your objective. • Engaging with the students.
17. Evaluating the outcome of the discussion for us to know if our objective is achieved or not. It can be written evaluation or oral evaluation. 8. Refine the Process (RP) • It is a process wherein if the students passed the evaluation and you achieved your objective then you can proceed to the new lesson and if the objective is not met or achieved then you will again go back to the process.
18. Focused on: • Introducing • Reinforcing • Supplementing • Extending the knowledge and skills to learners
19. •The use of students and teachers
20. • On the application of educational technology to instruction. EducationalTechnology 1 showed the 4 phases of application of educational technology in teaching-and-learning, namely; (a) setting of learning objectives (b) designing specific learning experiences (c)evaluating the effectiveness of the learning experiences vis-a-vis the learning objectives, and (d) revision as needed of the whole teaching-learning process, or elements of it, for further improving future instructional activities.
21. To lend familiarization on how educational technology can be utilized as media for the avenues teaching-learning process in the school. To impact skills in planning, designing, using and evaluating the technology-enriched teaching-learning process.
22. To acquaint learners on the basic aspects of community education, functions of the school media center, and finally. To introduce the learner to what is recognized as the third revolution in education, the computer.
23. Educational technology 2 is concerned with “IntegratingTechnology intoTeaching and Learning.” Specifically this is focused on introducing, reinforcing, supplementing and extending the knowledge and skills to learners so that they can become exemplary users of educational technology. Mainly directed to student teachers, also professional teachers who may wish to update their knowledge of educational technology, it is our goal that this course can help our target learners to weave technology in teaching with software (computer programmed learning materials) becoming a natural extension of their learning tools.
24. To provide education in the use of technology in instruction by providing knowledge and skills on technology integration-in-instruction to learners. To impart learning experiences in instructional technology-supported instructional planning To acquaint students on information technology or IT- related learning theories with the computer as a tutor.
25. To engage learners on practical technology integration issues including managing IT classrooms, use of the internet for learning, cooperative learning through the use of information technology, etc. To inculcate higher level thinking and creativity among students while providing them knowledge of IT-related learning theories.
26. After the importance of technology was introduced to us in our Educational Technology 1 and 2, I have learned that technology is indeed useful to human society. The use of technology is very important but it depends on how it is used. As a student I can say that technology is indeed our way in building a better future, and taking the subject will help us understand how technology work.