Published on December 18, 2016
1. CMMT PRESENTATION MBA (CPM) SECTION A GROUP 2 SUBGROUP 1
2. PEDA OFFICE CHANDIGARH
3. PEDA OFFICE COMPLEX, CHANDIGARH • Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) • Solar Passive Complex • Location -Plot No. 1 & 2, Sector 33-D • Plot size -1.49 acre • total covered area 68,224 Sq.Ft. including 23,200 Sq.Ft. basement • COST -5.5 CRORES
4. Orientation: (method &technology) • Solar Passive Complex has been developed in response to solar geometry • minimizing solar heat gain in cold period. • The building envelope attenuates the outside ambient conditions and the large volume of air is naturally conditioned by controlling solar access in response to the climatic swings.
5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR8 EQ0DWpPw
6. Solar Chimneys
7. Unique Shell Roofing • The Central atrium of the constructed with hyperbolic shell roof • to admit daylight without glare and heat • coupled with defused lighting through glass to glass solar panels. • The roof is supported with very light weight space frame structure
8. WATERBODIES AND LIGHT VAULTS • Water Bodies • The water bodies with waterfalls and fountains have been placed in the central atrium of the complex for cooling of whole the complex in the hot and dry period. • Light Vaults • The vertical cut-outs in the floating slabs are integrated with light vaults and solar activated naturally ventilating, domical structures in the south • to admit day light without glare and heat.
9. Water bodies with waterfalls and fountains placed in the central atrium
10. INSULATION OF ROOF AND WALL • All the roofs have been insulated with double insulation system to avoid penetration of heat from the roof. • The complex is a single envelope made up of its outerwalls as double skin walls having 2" cavity in between. The cavity walls facing south and west are filled with further insulation material for efficient thermal effect.
11. CAVITY WALLS INTER-STITIAL SPACE -HEAT BARRIER THROUGH INSULATION / DEAD AIR CAVITY -MOISTURE BARRIER -T.A.P. (THERMOSYPHON AIR PANEL) - THROUGH SOLAR / MECHANICAL ACTIVATION INSIDE THERMAL INNER SKIN INTERACTS WITH INTERNAL CONDITIONS -AIR TEMP. -HUMIDITY -LIGHT OUTSIDE STRUCTURAL OUTER SKIN INTERACTS WITH EXTERNAL CONDITIONS -WEATHER -RADIATION -HUMIDITY -AIR TEMP. -U.V.
12. Landscape Horticulture • The space around the building inside and outside of boundary wall and a big lawn in the south has been designed with trees, shrubs and grass. • The big trees along the boundary wall acts as a curtain to – minimize air pollution – sound pollution – filter/cool the entry of air.
13. OTHER FEATURES • Solar Power Plant: 25Kwp building integrated solar photovoltaic power plant has been set up to meet the basic requirement of electricity in the complex • Auditorium: A unique auditorium scientifically designed to control heat penetration, light & sound distribution is placed in the north under the shade of main building
14. Office Layout
15. SUN GENERATES ARCHITECTURE - PEDA Office
16. VISUAL CONTINUITY
17. Fascinating Architecture
18. Restful Working Environment
19. BIPV & HYPERBOLIC PARABOLOID ROOF
20. BENEFITS • Benefits: • lighting consumption • energy consumption • recurring expenditure • pollution • thermal comfort • Productivity
The Orientation Workshop on Agenda for Sustainable Buildings in Punjab was ... with PEDA (Punjab ... Training programme of Centre for Science and Environment. ...
4.5 Key initiatives of PEDA to promote energy ... 2 Based on presentation dated ... of Punjab) Green Growth and Buildings Sector: Punjab 6 Figure 3: Estimated ...
It was the fifth programme in a row to create awareness about the Punjab Energy Conservation Building ... Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) ... presentation on ...
Regional Meeting “The Transition to ... conservation building codes with respect to use of energy in the building. • PEDA ... Punjab and called as THE PUNJAB ECBC ...
High Performance Commercial Buildings in India. Home; ... of the Punjab Energy Development energy [PEDA] ... studies that have adopted passive cooling strategies.
Welcome to Punjab Energy Development Agency. ... projects and energy conservation programme in the state of Punjab. PEDA is registered as a Society under ...
Punjab Buildings - Download as PDF File ... Pu njab Case Study on Green Buildings: PEDA Office Complex. ... Energy Efficiency Opportunities in India Presentation.