Published on December 10, 2016
2. GrameenPhone On the Independence Day of Bangladesh in the year 1997, Grameenphone Ltd launched itself with the mission of “leading the industry and exceed customer expectations by providing the best wireless services, making life and business easier.”
3. About Grameenphone widely known as GP. it is the leading telecommunications service provider in Bangladesh. With more than 54.5 million subscribers and 46.3% subscriber market share (as of August 2016), Grameenphone is the largest mobile phone operator in the country.
4. Cholo Bohu Dur ( Go Beyond) Brand Promise
5. About GrameenPhone is a joint venture between Telenor and Grameen Telecom Corporation, a non-profit sister concern of the microfinance organization and community development bank Grameen Bank. Telenor, the largest telecommunications company in Norway owns a 55.8% share of Grameenphone, Grameen Telecom owns 34.2% and the remaining 10% is publicly held.
6. About Grameenphone was the first company to introduce GSM technology in Bangladesh, and built the first cellular network to cover 99% of the country.
7. Numbering scheme Grameenphone uses the following numbering scheme for its subscribers: +880 17 XXXXXXXX 880 is the ISD code for Bangladesh and is needed only in case of dialing from outside Bangladesh (otherwise, it may be substituted by a 0, making the prefix 017). 17 is the prefix for Grameenphone as allocated by the government of Bangladesh. The eight-digit number XXXXXXXX is the subscriber number.
8. Package Of Grameenphone Prepaid Packages Bondhu Nishchinto Djuice postpaid Packages Xplore Xplore Legend
9. Grameenphone has 40.1 million subscribers. Highest Subscribers then other Operator’s. Current Market Situation
10. Network VS Call Rate GP: Best Network but Highest Call rate. Banglalink and Robi are at same class in regard of Network and Call rate Teletalk and Citycell are at same Call-rate class but Teletalk has better network Airtel is best cost provider with least best network
11. Strong Network According to Grameenphone, it has invested more than BDT 259 billion (USD 3.27 billion) to build the network infrastructure since 1997. It invested over BDT 15 billion in 2014 alone. Grameenphone has built the largest cellular network in the country with over 8,000 base stations . As of presently, over 99 percent of the country's population is within the coverage area of the Grameenphone network.
12. Strong Network The entire Grameenphone network is also GPRS/EDGE/3G enabled, allowing access to dial-up quality speed Internet and data services from anywhere within the coverage area. There are over 10 million GPRS/EDGE/3G users in the Grameenphone network. GP has 3G network at most of the urban and sub-urban area.