Published on June 29, 2016
1. Reading Horizons
2. Who Am I (What matters most)?
3. • Currently a Professor at SUU • A teacher and Administrator in public schools for about 15 years • I have worked in Education in Japan, Taiwan, California, New York, Minnesota, and Utah. Who Am I? (Part II)
4. Why am I here?
5. Can You See the Arrow?
6. Can You See the Arrow?
7. Reading Horizons Methodology understandX X X
9. Bb Ff Dd Gg Aa Hh Jj Ll Mm Ee Nn Pp Rr Ss Oo Tt Vv Ww Xx Yy Uu Zz Qq Cc Kk Ii Consonants & Vowels
10. ba da The Slide
11. bag dad gab fad Beginning Words X X X X
12. How do you know when to spell with a C and when to spell with a K?
13. can kit cot kid cop keg cup Ken X X X X X X X X
14. L - gl gla glad R - fr fro frog S - sn sni snip X X X Blends
15. bl cl fl gl pl sl br cr dr fr gr pr tr sc sk sl sm sn sp st sw S-Blends R-Blends L-Blends
16. drag trek grid crop slid plum bled clip spin scan stop swim X X X X X X X X XXXX Blend Words
17. a e o u i a e o u i Short / Long Vowels
18. 1.met One guardian consonant makes the vowel short. Five Phonetic Skills X *
19. 2. jump Two guardian consonants make the vowel short. X ** Five Phonetic Skills
20. 3. me When a vowel stands alone, it is long. X Five Phonetic Skills
21. 4. smile When a word ends in a silent E, the vowel is long. X X Five Phonetic Skills
22. pinX * Five Phonetic Skills
23. pineX X Five Phonetic Skills
24. 5. boat When two vowels are adjacent, the second vowel is silent and the first vowel is long. Five Phonetic Skills X X
25. met jump me smile boat X X * ** XX XX X
26. motel Decoding Skill #1
27. 1. moX 2. motX * 3. moteX X 4. motelX X Decoding Skill #1
28. motel Decoding Skill #1 One consonant (guardian) goes on X X
29. provide Decoding Skill #1 X X X One consonant (guardian) goes on
30. campus Decoding Skill #2 X X Two consonants (guardians) split
31. extreme Decoding Skill #2 Two consonants (guardians) split X XX
32. Murmur Diphthongs er ir er ur ar orX X X X X X
33. ch sh wh th th ph gn kn ck wr Digraphs
34. shark wheatX X X Digraphs
35. book Special Vowel Sounds au awX X ou ow o X X oi oyX X ooX zoo ooX X X
36. hound toil crawl book zoo X X X X X Special Vowel Sounds
37. accomplishmentX X XX e
38. Test Drive
Preparing Teachers to Prepare the ... training tool to prepare future teachers to help each ... to teach reading because not only have I ...
Preparing Pre-Service Teachers to Teach ... Strategies for Teaching Reading 1: ... A Study of EFL Preservice Teachers' Perceptions of Non ...
The teaching of reading is a critical element of elementary education. Educators are divided about how to prepare reading teachers. This qualitative case ...
Preparing Elementary Educators to Teach Reading: An Exploratory Study of Preservice Teachers’ Evolving Sense of Reading Efficacy Abstract Teacher ...
Preparing Preservice Teachers to Teach in a ... equately prepare preservice teachers to ... preservice teachers met in their reading methods ...
the challenge of preparing preservice teachers ... based reading. ... preparing teachers to teach informal inferential reasoning
Preparing Better Teachers: Using Collaboration in Preservice ... is to teach preservice teachers both the ... We prepare better teachers by ...
Description. Dr. Brian C. Ludlow will discuss the research and techniques for preparing pre-service teachers to teach beginning and struggling readers.
Preparing Teachers to Teach Reading ... CSU reading faculty strongly believe that our role in preparing teachers involves educating individuals who ...