Published on February 16, 2014
• Charles Spurgeon: “People have often asked me, ‘What is the secret of your success?’ I always reply that I have no other secret but this, that I have preached the gospel--not about the gospel--but the gospel, the full, free, glorious gospel of the Living Christ, who is the Incarnation of the Good News. Preach Christ, brethren, always and everywhere.” • W. A. Criswell: ““Preach the word, brothers. And God will bring the increase.”
vv 14-15 THE GOSPEL BRINGS OBLIGATION
• “I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise.” • Why? • He was “a bondservant of Jesus Christ” (v 1). • He had “received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name” (v 5).
• Paul was obligation both to the Greeks and to the non-Greeks, to the wise and to the foolish. • “Barbarian” came to mean something like “non-Greek.” • Paul here shows the universality of the gospel. • “Go . . . and make disciples of all the nations” (Matt 28:19). • “There is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all” (Col 3:11).
• “So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also” (v 15). • Paul wants to preach! • How eager are we?
v 16 THE GOSPEL BRINGS POWER
• “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.” • Paul had every reason to be ashamed. • Are we? • Why wasn’t Paul ashamed? • It’s the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. • God has great power. • God instilled the gospel with great power (1 Cor 1:18). • Have you embraced the gospel, or are you embarrassed by the gospel?
v 17 THE GOSPEL BRINGS RIGHTEOUSNESS
• “In [the gospel] the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just shall live by faith’” (v 17). • What is this righteousness? • This must mean that God counts those who come to Him in faith as righteous. • This righteousness comes “from faith to faith.” • The NIV says: “In the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last.” • You know how important faith is to the Christian: • “In Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love” (Gal 5:6). • “Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one” (Eph 6:16).
• Faith is foundational to the Christian life. • “Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Heb 11:6). • It is written, “The righteous will live by faith.” • If we are righteous we will escape the coming judgment upon this world. • Are you righteous?
YOU WROTE – The gospel is the good news that Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, paid the penalty sin required so that human beings upon expression ...
These Gospel and evangelistic sermons are intended to explain the way of salvation through Jesus Christ. Visit Our Mobile Site ... Gospel Sermons -
Preaching the Gospel and Making Disciples. Near the beginning of the Olivet Prophecy, Jesus Christ foretells that the good news of the coming Kingdom of ...
NO CROSS NO CROWN!! Elder Billy Crayton preaching the gospel. A.F.C. is the place to be; Orlando yeah
The mission of the United Church of God is to follow Christ's footsteps in “preaching the gospel of the kingdom” (Matthew 4:23 Matthew 4:23 And Jesus ...
Benny Hinn - Preaching the Gospel and The revelation of Jesus Christ. He preaches from John chapter 1.
Preaching the Gospel of Matthew: Proclaiming God's Presence eBook: Stanley P. Saunders: Amazon.de: Kindle-Shop
Preaching the Gospel. Website (Website Last Updated April 2012) Welcome to Preaching the Gospel. This book is about the true gospel, what it is, why there ...
Preaching the Gospel - The Ultimate Collection. Store Store-Startseite Geräte ...
LECTURES ON REVIVALS OF RELIGION by The Rev. CHARLES G. FINNEY . LECTURE XII HOW TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TEXT. --He that winneth souls is wise.