Published on September 30, 2015
1. Curriculum Vitae Praveen Premkumar Date of Birth: 09-06-1986 Marital Status: Single Residency: New Zealand Citizen Contact Details: 71, Millhouse Drive, Northpark, Manukau, Auckland 2013, New Zealand tel: 09 537 9349 mob: 021 230 5011 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Driver Licence: New Zealand Full Drivers Licence PERSONAL STATEMENT: Throughout the two years of studying National Diploma in Quantity Surveying programme at UNITEC, I have gained basic theoretical understanding of Quantity Surveying principles and am very passionate about applying this knowledge in a practical environment to help me grow in my profession. In addition to my studies, I have completed 10 months of contracting as Assistant QS for a trade contractor presently known as Total Bridge Services and 1 ½ years with a principal contractor called Jalcon Homes. Furthermore I consider myself to be well presentable and self-motivated individual with a ‘Can-do attitude’ when it comes to learning new material. I am able to communicate and participate well in a team, as well as the capability to achieve goals and objectives individually through hard work and dedication. I continuously try to motivate others to follow my professionalism and dedication to quality service. My friendly manner in approaching clients would certainly enhance your company’s image. My motto to achieve in life is to: “Have a clear vision, make belief in yourself, the work you do and the rest will happen.” I am currently looking for full-time employment as an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator in the Auckland region and I would welcome the opportunity to face an interview at your earliest convenience. KEY SKILLS: Sound knowledge of New Zealand construction industry Combination of academic study by completion of National Diploma in Quantity Surveying along with ‘real world’ practical experience accumulated at Jalcon Homes and Total Bridge Services. I have also observed on-site activities as an unskilled labourer. This has given me a reasonable understanding of construction methods and building techniques utilised in accordance with statutory building regulations such as NZS 3910:2003 ‘Conditions of Contract for Building and Engineering Construction’ in carrying out project activities.
2. Exceptional in written and verbal communication skills Working as a cashier at the cash counter had allowed me to improve my communication, further enhancing them as a Quantity Surveying Cadet to build strong relationships with interpersonal staff and clients at Jalcon Homes. I have refined these abilities further with trade suppliers and sub contractors engaged at Total Bridge Services. However I’ve undertaken public speaking at an early age in a personality development program. I’ve also played in numerous team sports, participated in several group activities and written a number of reports at UNITEC, where communication was vital. Proven effectiveness in accurately measuring building quantities Paying key attention to detail of numerical values by initiating self-checks at every step for optimisation of results and making certain to interpret drawings carefully was evident at Jalcon Homes. I was also involved in assisting a Senior QS on site for taking-off field measurements and writing ‘RFI’ to architect for clarification. Good problem solving skills Resolving customer problems and queries while working at Wendy’s Hamburgers This was frequently noticed while tackling assignments and sitting examinations studying the National Diploma in Quantity Surveying further improved my analytical thinking and problem solving skills. My work experience at Total Bridge Services has enabled me to apply these skills positively to solve a variety of problems i.e. managing information using spreadsheets, bookkeeping and filing agreements when dealing with challenging sub contractors. Capable of working successfully as a member of team Teamwork was a key part of my role working at Wendy’s Hamburgers and later developed to a professional standard at Jalcon Homes which involved working as part of a small team of quantity surveyors, as well as interaction with the project management team towards the successful completion of the project. As a team player I am an active listener patiently learning from others for self improvement and able to communicate constructively in return to the betterment of the team. Also I strongly believe in the concept of united we stand, divided we fall. Commitment to effectively perform well in meeting stringent deadline adapting to a fast-paced environment From time to time I was expected at Jalcon Homes to execute consistently to the best of my ability in order for invoices to be processed and paid on time, sending out material orders i.e. builder’s kit to subcontractors and building suppliers to meet the demands of the construction timeframe to avoid discrepancies. In the absence of the Commercial Manager at Total Bridge Services I was instrumental in material procurement and claim management for Transpower Project. There were situations encountered where I had to establish a systematic plan of action to achieve objectives by prioritising workloads accordingly under pressurised settings. COMPUTER SKILLS: Competent knowledge of: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint Accounting Software– “Plusfactor 32”
3. EDUCATION SUMMARY: 2000-2004 Howick College NCEA Level 1 NCEA Level 2 NCEA Level 3 2008-2010 UNITEC Institute of Technology National Diploma in Quantity Surveying 2013-2014 UNITEC Institute of Technology Bachelor of Construction (Construction Economics) Completed Building Science and Materials, Construction Practice 1, Economic Principles & Teamwork papers WORK HISTORY: FROM: June 2015 – July 2015 (Full-time employee) EMPLOYER: Conslab Limited POSITION HELD: Quantity Surveyor / Estimator Conslab Limited is a subcontracting company lead by concrete flooring professionals who expertise in commercial concrete flooring in the construction industry. The company has been incorporated in the year 2000 and since then they have produced more than 2.5 million square metres of high quality concrete flooring. It also specialises in concrete floor design, place and finish through to full construction, maintenance and restoration of existing concrete floors. As a quantity surveyor/estimator I was involved in measuring from commercial drawings and estimating. The floor area of each project is different and the estimate varies accordingly to the region where the square metre of concrete is being poured in. Key Responsibilities: Assist with pricing/estimates for tenders and negotiated projects including measuring and assembling schedules of rates and supplier pricing Develop own skills and knowledge within relevant fields Achievements: I was involved in executing measurements and estimation for commercial concrete flooring for the proposed Tomoana Food Grade Warehouse situated at Hastings where the construction consist of conventional method of internal post tensioned slab on grade and mesh reinforced slab for the canopy/external yard. I also actively handled projects such as the Farmers Unloading Slab and Sistema office slabs in Mangere. FROM: April 2015 – May 2015 (Casual Employee) EMPLOYER: JAL Developments Limited POSITION HELD: Quantity Surveyor Jalcon Homes has evolved and expanded its business developments over the following years on both residential and commercial projects. As a quantity surveyor I was assisting the
4. sales and quantity surveying department doing take offs in preparation of builder’s kit and material orders. Key Responsibilities: Measured building quantities from drawings Filed subcontractor quotes in relevant job folders Learnt to use Planswift take-off and construction estimating software Achievements: I was highly commended for my hard efforts at the monthly staff meeting where I earned a $400 gift card for spending at Botany Town Centre. I was fully involved in performing floor area checks and measuring the exterior cladding and carpentry works from residential plans for projects such as West Quarter apartments located at Pine Harbour stage 2 of its developments and luxurious units terraced style residence Hobsonville Point across the Waitemata Harbour. FROM: October 2011 – August 2012 (Fixed-Term Contract) EMPLOYER: TBS Corporation Total Bridge Services POSITION HELD: Quantity Surveyor TBS Group is a leading specialist trade contractor providing services to industrial, commercial and government infrastructure clients throughout New Zealand. The corporation is well recognised by clients as solution providers for challenging large scale projects, TBS have demonstrated that they are one of Australasia’s most innovative and progressive construction services and asset maintenance organisations. The company’s successful track record extends across a broad range of sectors including construction, mining, petrochemical, roads, rail, water, power and ports. As a quantity surveyor I worked alongside the Commercial Manager assisting with the development of detailed commercial management systems and the implementation of them so as to maximise the commercial potential (i.e. cost control, financial management & procurement) of the project. Key Responsibilities: Maintain tracking system of invoices for committed cost. Retain copies of documents required to support claims. Overview of expenditure against budget. Assist with preparation and issue of subcontractor/supplier tender documentation and tender evaluation process. Purchase orders are used correctly including recording of costs where practicable for use in monitoring expenditure limits of authority and WIP/job cost accrual assessment. Ensuring that the most cost effective procurement options are secured in line with cash flow forecast. Documentation to and from subcontractor is systematically recorded and filed. Act as paint inspector for monitoring the progress. Management of manhour tracking and assessment of expended versus budget.
5. Preparation of monthly progress claims including all supporting documentation and submit to Commercial Manager for approval. Assist with Subcontractor claims and including review and issuing of payment certificates with supportive schedules for administering financial sums. Identifying and administering variations and preparing requests for variations to client. Prepare project budget & cash flow forecasting and monitor project against these. Preparation of historic and forecast performance (manhours & financial / tracking sheets) data for inclusion in monthly management reports. Take-off quantities from civil drawings to obtain quotation. Achievements: The project I was heavily involved in completing was installing of Transpower Cable Support Structure and Truss Bridge Strengthening at Auckland Harbour Bridge. It came up to an estimated figure of $9 million NZD. The most interesting aspect of undertaking the venture was situating and installing the two 40 diameter carrier pipes through fitted support brackets designed by the steel contractor on Northern Concrete Viaduct (NCV). I have gained invaluable experience working with a dynamic bridge team of civil engineers, project managers, site supervisors and labourers who always ensured that scheduled tasks for the project were completed to high standard and ahead of schedule. The overall construction was fast tracked ending with cost savings and securing a bonus for the company from our client Transpower. FROM: January 2011 – October 2011 EMPLOYER: Construction & Interiors (NZ) Limited POSITION HELD: Junior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor Construction & Interiors (NZ) Ltd is a privately owned family run business specialising in light commercial projects such as Interior fit outs and refurbishments for schools and small to medium end residential housing together with general construction and shop fitting. I was involved in providing assistance and reporting my measurements and estimation directly to the contracts manager. Key Responsibilities: Prepared individual specifications and plans for all sub contractors required. Prepared a building materials take off. Prepared a carpentry labour take off. Received and responded to any questions or queries from any and all contractors. Received all quotations from said subcontractors. Received and detailed all notice to tenderers. Liaised with architect, project manager and clients. Made site visits / inspections when required. Formulated Construction & Interiors (NZ) Limited's material and labour content. Put together all quotations and present trade summary. Discussed final tender submission with Management.
6. Presented Tender to Client when requested. Attend to any further duties as requested by Management. FROM: February 2007 – September 2008 EMPLOYER: JAL Developments Limited POSITION HELD: Cadet Quantity Surveyor Jalcon Homes is a well-established design & build company specialising in medium to high cost residential housing developments in the greater Auckland region. As a cadet for Jalcon Homes, I was offering part time assistance to a Senior Quantity Surveyor to prepare for material ordering and back costing. Key Responsibilities: Code invoices for relevant jobs and job components. Reconcile monthly statements for payments. Prepare contra and hold letters to subcontractor. Check budgets. Check work in place and authorisation. Produce schedule and budget for houses. Send out orders. Check quantities delivered. Check invoices against budget. Check and update ‘Plusfactor 32’ accounting and bank costing system. Take-off quantities from drawings and produce a quote, ensuring margins are kept. Achievements: I was awarded a bonus in addition to my wages at the end of December 2007 for my dedicated contributions to the company. Three of the jobs I helped in taking-off building materials in order to prepare a schedule for estimating won medals from the Federation of Master Builders. One house got selected for House of the Year award competition but won only a bronze medal. FROM: January 2006 – February 2007 EMPLOYER: BB Consultant Cost & Project Management Consultant POSITION HELD: Apprentice Estimator Key Responsibilities: Assist Senior Quantity Surveyor in estimating/pricing alongside various other tasks. Adhere and help with field measurements during site visits. FROM: September 2006 – July 2007 EMPLOYER: Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers POSITION HELD: Crew Member
7. Wendy’s Hamburgers Ltd. is a well recognised fast food dine in and takeaway franchise whose outlets are distributed amongst the local community of New Zealand wide. I was appointed part of the team as a crew member to support the head supervisor. The following duties have enabled me to gain valuable communication, interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills. The acquired skills ensured that customer needs were addressed appropriately with high level of competence. Key Responsibilities: Prepare pre-ordered burgers as the grill man. Cash handling at the cash register. Service to customers at the cash counter. Developing teamwork environment and staff relationship. Achievements: In recognition of my efforts, I got: Awarded employee of the month for regular attendance, cleanliness and consistency in the month – January 2007. FROM: December 2004 – January 2005 EMPLOYER: Freemont Design and Construction Limited POSITION HELD: Site Labourer My first role adopted in the construction industry was working as an ‘unskilled’ labourer for Freemont under the supervision of project and site managers on commercial and industrial projects thus gaining me hands on experience and an insight into the construction industry. This role had a major influence in further enabling me to confirm that I was interested in pursuing a career path in the construction industry and helped me to earn a place in the Quantity Surveying course later at UNITEC. Key Responsibilities: Transporting materials from delivery trucks onto site & off-site. Cleaning site rubbish and on-site maintenance. Helping workers in aligning studs to support floor levels. Setting up scaffolding and propping. Achievements: Project involved construction of luxurious well furnished 67 storey Sommerset Apartments, estimated value of $9.5 million NZD. SEMINAR(S) ATTENDED: CARTERS Building Industry Roadshow 2008 (H3.2 CCA Treated Timber Framing) Wet Seal Waterproofing System Deck Tiling & Flooring System Knobs & Knockers Door Hardware Flashman Installation Presentation
8. MEMBERSHIP AFFILIATIONS: As a student I was: Member of the New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (M.N.Z.I.Q.S) Affil – April 2007 to present Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (M.R.I.C.S) – July 2008 Member of New Zealand Institute of Builders (M.N.Z.I.O.B) – May 2008 to present INTERESTS: Cricket, badminton, fishing, cooking, travelling, movies, music and outdoor activities REFEREES Phil Tavener Commercial Manager Beca Consultants tel 09 300 9000 mob 027 284 9577 email email@example.com Ranjay Dutt Commercial Manager JAL Developments Limited tel 09 273 2467 mob 021 244 7006 fax 09 273 2469 email firstname.lastname@example.org www.jalcon.co.nz
30. September 2015 14:40 . Mini Clubman: Man, bist Du groß geworden! Die Revolution frisst ihre Kinder. ... September 2015 00:01 . Praktischer Spaßmacher
Low Carbon Vehicle Event 2015 ... 10 th September 2015: 09:00 - 16:30. View Cenex-LCV2015 photos here. https://twitter.com/lcv_event. LCV2015 Seminar Programme
Die Fälle vom 23. September 2015 In der vergangenen Sendung bat Rudi Cerne zusammen mit der Kriminalpolizei wieder um Ihre Mithilfe! Die Fälle der ...
Toyota iQ "GAZOO Racing tuned by MN ... and was marketed for model years 2008–2015. GRMN iQ Racing ... In September 2012 Toyota announced that due to ...
http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=23852. Meet the family This family of five all share the same Scion name and each one comes with its own ...
USS Constellation (CV-64), ... and her keel was laid down 14 September 1957 at the New York Navy Yard. ... As of early 2015, ...
Apple - September Event 2015 - Duration: 2:19:45. by Apple 584,353 views. 2:19:45 Apple ... 14:01. by superapple4ever 1,040,715 views. 14:01
... an understanding of the evolving technologies in endovascular therapies and management protocols in contemporary vascular ... 24 September 2015. Menu ...