Published on October 23, 2014
1. "All Hands on Deck" Pragmatic Architecture for Agile Teams Janne Sinivirta / @v3rtti geecon prague 2014
2. Outline Where are we now and why? How can we be better? 1. Balance 2. "All Hands on Deck" 3. Team vs. Organization 4. Domain Modeling 5. Documentation
3. Forgotten Architecture
4. Where are we now?
6. Bad Rap for Architecture
7. How can we be better? 1. Balance
8. BDUF vs. YAGNI Big Design Up Front vs. You Aren't Gonna Need It * see "Balancing Agility and Discipline" by Barry Boehm and Richard Turner
9. MVP and Architecture Agile is all about emergent design Architecture gives the code a place to grow Designing architecture only for MVP is short-sighted Architecture from tests only .. is horse shit! - Uncle Bob Martin
10. The Dilemma of Last Responsible Moment Recognize hard problems Start early and prototype
11. How can we be better? 2. All Hands on Deck
12. In Hurry to Wait
13. Team Decisions Architecture is too important to be left for the architect.
14. Modern Architect
15. Kaizen Optimizing the organization and the value stream.
16. How can we be better? 3. Team vs. Organizatio n
17. Local and Fast Allow local decisions Ensure feedback both ways
18. Conway's Law
19. No organization There's no organization. Just people. Get to know them!
20. How can we be better? 4. Domain Modeling
21. Domain Dictionary Aim for common language in team Reduce misunderstandings Don't conquer all with single dictionary Create with stakeholders Aliases that combine multiple terms/concepts
22. What the system.. IS vs DOES Data vs Algorithm Plan for change Traits?
23. Languages, paradigms and patterns Modeling variance Language features > libraries > design patterns
24. Role of DSL's Modern languages support DSL creation DSL often end up restrictive or fragile "Nothing says screw you like a DSL" - Stuart Halloway
25. Users and Domain Experts Genchi Genbutsu (xx) Go and see for yourselves! Matching users mental model "Future proofing" with crazy ideas
26. How can we be better? 5. Documentation
27. Basics Who's the reader? Code as forward thinking documentation Document relationships that are not visible from code
28. Must-have documents External integrations diagram Created with PlantUML
29. Must-have documents Internal component diagram Created with PlantUML
30. Must-have documents Domain Model as Code https://github.com/NitorCreations/DomainReverseMapper
31. Must-have documents Internal component diagram External integration diagram Domain model as code Domain dictionary Decision log
32. Summary Design enough, early enough Architecture is a team responsibility "See for yourself!" is essential in good design Document things that are not visible from code
33. Thank you! Questions? Janne Sinivirta / @v3rtti
Speaker: Matt Stine Developing for the Cloud Track Marc Andressen has famou...
This presentation explains how to develop a Web API in Java using (JAX-RS or Restl...
How to bring innovation to your organization by streamlining the deployment proces...
Cisco Call-control solutions can handle voice, video and data
Nathan Sharp of Siemens Energy recently spoke at the SAP Project Management in Atl...
What is the role of architecture in a modern software project? Have we forgotten the value of proper planning in our effort to be flexible and agile while ...
Pragmatic Architecture. Ted Neward http://www.tedneward.com. Cathi Gero http://www.prenia.com. So one day, she wants to build a doghouse ...
He is highly pragmatic, ... software architecture, code quality and agile. ... continuously speak about Requirements, and in Agile Teams about Backlogs.
Jozef Krššák 20.11.2014. 23. a 24. 10 se v Praze konal další ročník konference GeeCON se zaměřením na Javu ... Pragmatic Architecture for Agile ...
Øredev Developer Conference 4-7 Nov 2014, Malmö, Sweden. Øredev is the Premier ... Agile, Architecture ... to lead agile development teams building ...
Software Quality Dashboard for Agile Teams ... I: Process and Architecture", is anticipated in 2014. ... including Agile, AgileEE, Devoxx, GeeCon, ...
BUILD STUFF is for anyone in software development teams. That. includes devs, team leads, agile ... for all BUILD STUFF ... appealing architecture, ...
Home » BLOG » Technical » Thoughts on code review. ... self-managed and self-directed teams composed from people with ... Pragmatic Coders and GeeCON ...