Published on November 7, 2014
1. Don’t be socially awkward Practical tips for becoming a Socially Awesome brand
2. Hey, that’s me 10+ years working in digital + social marketing Founder + Creative Director, Deelightful Studios Vice President, Integrated Strategy @ Brand Networks Recovering Corporate Director @ Xerox Former Brand Manager @ NA Breweries Ad Agency Alum Client Services @ Martino Flynn WELCOME! #RYPExpo @Dee_Huest
3. NINJA? GURU? EXPERT? RUN.
4. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SILVER BULLET (IN SOCIAL MEDIA)
5. SIX PILLARS OF SOCIAL STRATEGY STEP 2 Identify your target audience STEP 1 Define your objective STEP 3 Choose the right platform(s) STEP 5 Build critical mass with media STEP 4 Create content, conversation, & a community STEP 6 Enable measurement & optimization
6. DEFINE YOUR OBJECTIVE Awareness Consideration Conversion Retain
7. B2B or B2C
8. no. H2H Human-to-Human
9. Purpose Awareness & Reach PLATFORM + PURPOSE ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Engagement ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Web Traffic ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ App Installs ✔ ✔ ✔ Lead Generation ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Direct Response ✔ ✔ Re-targeting ✔ ✔ ✔ Loyalty + Retain ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
10. BE A THUMBSTOPPER
11. FOLLOW THE 80 / 20 RULE
12. Quality o v e r Quantity
13. “ The basic idea is that ads should be content. They need to be essentially just organic information that people are producing on site. ” - Mark Zuckerberg
14. WHY ADVERTISE VIA SOCIAL? ü Develop content and media that work together to create a holistic social strategy ü Segment your messaging and targeting to optimize your social communication strategy ü Make media and content changes in real time based on what is driving results ü Prove that social media can foster sales and relationships touchpoints
15. MEASURING FOR SUCCESS Impressions Reach Engagement Are there more opportunities to connect with your target audience? Are more people hearing/ seeing your message? Are people interacting with your brand & content? Traffic Intelligence ROI + Revenue How many more people visiting online or in-store? What are people saying about you? And what can you say about them? Is there a lift in sales or can you recognize a cost-savings?
16. THANK YOU I’ll be posting this presentation on SlideShare so follow us to get a copy & stay in touch! D s tudios
Plataformas colaborativas, agregadores, redes sociales y neomedios que permiten...
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
3 Tools and 5 Tips To Help Your ... sharing through your brand’s channels. 3 Awesome ... practical tips for becoming more successful ...
How to Improve Your Social Skills: 8 Tips from ... months by becoming really ... awesome subscribers today and get practical happiness tips ...
... my brand new 8-week ... But by making the switch to being an optimist I became more easygoing and attractive socially. ... practical tips and ...
Practical tips on how to apply some of our ... This seminar will help you with practical tips for becoming successful ... Creating awesome ...
5 Practical Tips for Running a ... Establishing the Brand of ... positive and negative impacts of how they currently socially present themselves ...
... (+ The Smart Social Skills Course launches on ... why I have created my brand new 12 ... today and get practical happiness tips and personal ...
Grow your brand and ... methods becoming less and ... marketing success and achieving results with practical tips and advice that you ...
Brand sentiment – what people ... (and practical) ... The IT department in particular should support the move to becoming a socially enabled enterprise, ...
Browse hundreds of courses and specializations in Business, Computer Science, Arts, Humanities, and more. 1000+ courses from schools like Stanford and Yale ...