Published on October 16, 2014
1. www.pagelizard.com email@example.com (+44) 0207 183 3690 @pagelizard HTML apps – the way forwards
2. What is an HTML app and how did we get here?
3. June 29, 2007
4. April 3, 2010
5. May 2010 Wired first iPad edition 500Mb+ No search No comments
6. Magplus The V&A 370Mb
7. App studio Visit Vietnam
9. Do you need to change www.pagelizard.com firstname.lastname@example.org (+44) 0207 183 3690 @pagelizard your business?
10. What does the science tell us? • There are around 1.6-1.7bn PCs in use today • Already approx 2bn iOS and Android devices. Over the next few years the great majority of the mobile base will convert to these devices: there will be 3-4bn smartphones in use and hundreds of millions more tablets. Benedict Evans: Mobile leverage
11. It depends on your demographics Facebook reported in April that 79% of devices accessing it are mobile
12. But even in the B2B world: • 57.62% of your readers will be on Android • 50% will be on a phone • Reading PDFs on a phone is a rubbish experience • HTML is the only way to go (ideally with re-sizable text) • Create and edit once – publish to multiple devices
13. - 60% of new users are on mobile, rather than tablet 87.5% repeat users 12.5% new users Case study: The Pharmaceutical Journal
14. Case study: The Pharmaceutical Journal 84% Total PDF/HTML views 45% Page (PDF) view Text (HTML) View 40% 23 m 29 s 36% 19 m 22 s 16% 55% 60% 64% Default view changed to HTML July 19th issue September 6th issue September 13th issue September 27th issue Dwell time per article increased from 22 to 29 seconds; Per issue from 19 to 23 minutes; Events rose from x to y
15. www.pagelizard.com email@example.com (+44) 0207 183 3690 @pagelizard So how does the HTML-friendly publishing Business look?
16. PDFs of your magazine Your website Your writing Video + audio iPads & iPhones Android phones & tablets Web browsers (+ archive editions) Content you can push to other websites Content is manually edited and styled OR Auto-produced by attaching pre-defined templates
17. PDF vs. HTML HTML (text view) • Resizable text • Contents pages • Endless styling options PDF (page view) • Exact image replica of publication • No interactivity • Difficult to read
18. Include video and audio A minute of video is worth 1.8 million words “ ” [Forrester Research, 2014]
19. Live news feeds
20. Social media comments… 73% of all adults that are online use a social networking site of some sort of small businesses feel that social media efforts generate more exposure than anything else 80% 89% of small businesses indicate being on social media increases traffic to their website
21. Social media comments • Share articles to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn • Comments appear at the bottom of relevant article, creating discussions • All done from within the app
22. Result: A social hub • Create an interactive, social environment for readers • More information, more easily available • You increase your digital presence, and in turn readership.
23. www.pagelizard.com firstname.lastname@example.org (+44) 0207 183 3690 @pagelizard And it looks great
25. ILM’s EDGE Image of Edge’s complex magazine layout (Digitally materialises into beautiful HTML)
26. www.pagelizard.com email@example.com (+44) 0207 183 3690 @pagelizard Thank you
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
PPA Tech Talk: Apple News. by Esther Kezia Harding | Jul 6, 2015 | Blog, Event. ... (PPA) in London on the subject of “HTML apps, the way forward”.
/ Tech Talks: Harmonise your print & digital publishing workflow and produce more engaging apps ; Tech Talks: ... To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPA is partnering with Operation Lifesaver, Inc., ... Professional Photographers of America. 229 Peachtree St. NE, Suite 2200 Atlanta, GA 30303.
Tech Talk Government "Apps" Move from Cool to Useful Recently created government "apps" contests are popular, but are they worth doing? by Steve ...
This the last installment of the Tech Talk podcast. Thanks for listening these past few years! ... Tech Term (13:40) Travel apps (11:00) Tip of the Week (4:06)
Free texting app for unlimited free texting & free calling. Free texts to anyone. Search; ... Text, Talk + Share for free to anyone in the world.
Tech Talk New Apps May Make Giving and Getting Government Aid Easier Mobile technology has made a belated but much needed debut in human services . by ...
Your purchase provides permanent access to MyTalk Mobile (totally stand alone software) ... MyTalk LLC is a member of Moms with Apps, ...
AireTalk is a FREE call, ... No cost, in app calls to anyone as long as they have AireTalk installed • LOW INTERNATIONAL VOIP RATES: ...
... Apps on Tap PennApps in Van Pelt: ... we'll be offering a series of tech talks throughout the event. ... HTML Workshop: Cadillac Grille: