Published on October 15, 2014
1. By: Chandramouli Singh BJ&MC-2D
2. It is the amount of light entering the camera that is received by a photographic film or an image sensor. Exposure is mainly determined by two things: Shutter Speed: Speed of shutter opening to expose sensor or film to the light. Aperture: An opening that controls the amount of light
3. There are many ways in which we can play around with exposure to get some surreal, out of the world photographs. Long exposure is used by photographers to click such photos.
4. Things necessary for long exposure photography: SLR/DSLR Camera Tripod Good Composition Remote for shutter release (in some special cases)
5. Coming in the next slides are the various types of shots that are taken through long exposure photography.
6. This type of photographs contain either water or moving clouds. Exposure of around 10-30 seconds, depending upon the situation gives the smooth texture to water and sky.
7. This is another fancy photographic technique in which painting with light is done. Camera is set on tripod at a completely dark place with minimum aperture and long shutter speed of around 20-30 seconds. Then, after the shutter is released, using any point source of light one can perform tricks, draw something etc.
8. This is most common usage of long exposure photography where camera captures the moving lights coming from vehicles on the road.
9. This is perhaps one of the most difficult things to do in long exposure photography and requires a lot of patience. The rotation of earth makes us feel that sun, moon, stars and other planets move. We can capture their motion through this technique. For taking star trails we need an automatic shutter release remote.
10. We set the shutter speed to 30 seconds and then just take pictures one after another for minimum of half an hour. People also do for more longer time to get better results Then comes the editing part, on some image editing software like Adobe Photoshop, all these images are superimposed and edited to get the desired image.
11. Also called deep sky imaging In this, photos of distant stars and planets are taken through normal DSLRs using long exposure Though it does not need much of extra equipment but surely needs some knowledge of astronomy
12. Thank You
the Creative Portfolio of 14 year old Tyron Shi, RHS student at Rye, New York.
An Iterative Story determined by readers votes. Mugwhah is the story of a wi...
A selection of artistic impressions by David Crighton inspired by his admiration f...
Long exposure photography is something that has ... DISCOVER how to take these kinds of Long Exposure ... playing with exposure can really make a ...
Long Exposure Photography - Best Long Exposure Photos Random Photo. ... Playing With Light At Bryce Canyon Landscape Photography, Long Exposure Photography.
Long Exposure Photography . What constitutes a “Long Exposure”? ... Enable Long Exposure Noise Reduction for exposures over 30 seconds, ...
... I want to take stunning photos like a professional photographer!" Search; Images; Maps; Play; ... Long Exposure : ... Too long n drawn out.
Long-exposure photography is often used in a night-time setting, where the lack of light forces longer exposures, if maximum quality is to be retained.
Long exposure photography has become ... and after playing with some settings ... You are the first person in any of the Long Exposure articles I ...
Playing with Fireworks and Long Exposures. By Chris | Published . Jan. 31. 2011. I love long exposures. ... And really that is all photography is, light ...
There are many long exposure photographers who suffer from light leakage that results in a magenta or purple like band of light in an image when shooting ...
Long exposure photography is a happy thing, ... Long exposure camera 2 The screen rolls from bottom to top. It messes the entire picture up!