Published on June 30, 2016
1. Intellectual Property The Heart of the Matter Potpourris Medical Procedures Cells Start-ups And Downs $500 $400 $300 $200 $100 $500 $400 $300 $200 $100 $500 $400 $300 $200 $100 $500 $400 $300 $200 $100 $500 $400 $300 $200 $100 $500 $400 $300 $200 $100 Life Science Jeopardy
2. This restaurant chain serves tasty (but no so heart-healthy) food and its IPO was said to really Shake things up when its valuation more than doubled on their first day of trading. AnswerReturn to Main Board
3. What is Shake Shack? Return to Main Board
4. This disruptive, smart-phone driven transportation company with a fuzzy pink moustache as a logo started in San Francisco is currently challenging the market leader, Uber. . AnswerReturn to Main Board
5. What is Lyft? Return to Main Board
6. Patients can consult with a doctor and then electronically order medications for birth control, erectile dysfunction, or hair loss medication using this smart- phone app. AnswerReturn to Main Board
7. What is Lemonaid.com? Return to Main Board
8. This French multinational saw sales of its blockbuster drug Plavix fall 70% when the patent covering the compound expired. AnswerReturn to Main Board
9. What is Sanofi? Return to Main Board
10. Sean Parker, founder of Napster and former president of Facebook recently backed an effort to use CRISPR to treat this disease. AnswerReturn to Main Board
11. What is cancer? Return to Main Board
12. These disc-shaped cells lack a nucleus and are rich in the protein hemoglobin. AnswerReturn to Main Board
13. What are red blood cells (or erythrocytes)? Return to Main Board
14. When this kind of cell matures it can become any cell in the body. AnswerReturn to Main Board
15. What are stem cells? Return to Main Board
16. The body uses these cells, produced in the thymus, to target infected or malignant cells. AnswerReturn to Main Board
17. What are T-cells? Return to Main Board
18. Though they sound like a place off the coast of Germany, these cells in the pancreas produce a hormone that regulates blood sugar. AnswerReturn to Main Board
19. Return to Main Board What are the Islets of Langerhans?
20. Scientists use this Greek word for “falling off” to describe the programmed death of cells.. AnswerReturn to Main Board
21. What is apoptosis? Return to Main Board
22. You can buy a Groupon discount for this procedure that changes the contour by using suction to remove body fat. AnswerReturn to Main Board
23. What is liposuction (or lipoplasty)? Return to Main Board
24. This procedure is now very carefully controlled, but once it was thought so safe it was used to help salesmen see how well shoes fit on children’s feet. AnswerReturn to Main Board
25. What is an x-ray imaging? Return to Main Board
26. Last month, in a dining room in Cincinnati this surgeon was able to use a procedure he invented in a real life-or-death situation. AnswerReturn to Main Board
27. Return to Main Board Who is Henry Heimlich?
28. Some might find this method of treating C. difficile infection from a healthy donor into the patient’s colon somewhat “distasteful.” AnswerReturn to Main Board
29. What is a fecal matter transplant? Return to Main Board
30. This procedure, now available in the U.K. but not in the U.S., allows a woman who carries genes for mitochondrial diseases to conceive without passing that defect to her children. AnswerReturn to Main Board
31. What is three-way in vitro fertilization? Return to Main Board
32. This word describes a substance that has no expected medical benefit and is given to some patients during clinical drug trials. AnswerReturn to Main Board
33. What is a placebo? Return to Main Board
34. This yummy treat contains anandamide, a cannabinoid neurotransmitter that might give you a cannabis-like effect without all the legal hassles. AnswerReturn to Main Board
35. What is chocolate? Return to Main Board
36. This Greek doctor is credited with the idea that doctors should pledge above all to do no harm. AnswerReturn to Main Board
37. Who is Hippocrates? Return to Main Board
38. This debilitating disease is caused by the body’s immune system attacking the synovium lining the sufferer’s joints. AnswerReturn to Main Board
39. What is rheumatoid arthritis? Return to Main Board
40. Genes from the Arctic Winter Flounder were spliced into the genome of this fruit to improve its resistance to freezing. AnswerReturn to Main Board
41. What is a strawberry? Return to Main Board
42. In this surgery, doctors restore blood flow to the heart muscle by grafting a section of blood vessel around a blocked coronary artery. AnswerReturn to Main Board
43. What is coronary bypass surgery? Return to Main Board
44. This painful condition is caused by reduced blood flow to the heart muscle. AnswerReturn to Main Board
45. What is angina (or angina pectoris)? Return to Main Board
46. Humans and other mammals have four of these, but frogs, snakes and lizards only have three. AnswerReturn to Main Board
47. What are heart chambers? Return to Main Board
48. In 1982, Barney Clark was the first patient to receive this implanted medical device designed by this person. AnswerReturn to Main Board
49. Who is Robert Jarvik? Return to Main Board
50. This valve regulates blood flow out of the left ventricle of the heart. AnswerReturn to Main Board
51. What is the aortic valve? Return to Main Board
52. This legal right protects a work made after January 1, 1978 for the author’s life plus 70 years. AnswerReturn to Main Board
53. What is a copyright? Return to Main Board
54. Obstetricians are no doubt happy the technique disclosed in U.S. Patent No. 3,216,423 never really caught on for assisting in this miraculous process. AnswerReturn to Main Board
55. What is childbirth? Return to Main Board
56. In 2012, U.S. Courts affirmed the right of fashion designer Christian Louboutin to exclusive use of this iconic feature of its women’s shoes. AnswerReturn to Main Board
57. What are red soles? Return to Main Board
58. Amazon’s assertion of the patent right to this method of buying products on-line against Barnes & Noble did not “click” with the Free Software Foundation who launched a boycott of Amazon in 1999. AnswerReturn to Main Board
59. What is “one-click?” Return to Main Board
60. This 2014 Supreme Court decision made many patent applicants with computer software inventions feel like they had gone “Through the Looking Glass.” AnswerReturn to Main Board
61. What is Alice Corp v. CLS Bank Int’l? Return to Main Board
62. How to use this Template This template is set up using hyperlinks which jump from slide to slide. Each panel is linked to a corresponding Question slide which has a panel where you can edit the text and type in your own Question. Under each Question Slide is an Answer Slide which you can type the answer to your Question. Click the Answer button to jump to that Questions Answer Slide which is the slide directly below. You can also click the Return to Main Board button if you choose not to reveal the answer. On the Answer Slide click the Return to Main Board button to return to the main Category Board. Here is the Question Slide that contains an area to type your question. Here is the Answer Slide that is directly below the Question Slide. *note* You can access Slide Show Mode by hitting the F5 key on your keyboard or going to the Slide Show tab in your top menu and selecting From Current Slide.
63. Making Panels Inactive You can make panels inactive simply by selecting the TEXT and hitting delete which will leave the panel blank. Once you have deleted the Panels you want you will want to go delete the corresponding Question and Answer Slides. Example: If were deleted the text on these panels. We would then need to go delete the corresponding Question and Answer Slides for Category4 $500, Category5 $500, Category6 $500. *note*You can multiple slide at once by holding Shift while selecting slides. Say if you wanted to delete all of Category6 Question & Answer slides you click the top slide you want to delete and hold shift and click the bottom slide and all the slides in between will be selected.
64. Making Panels Inactive Alternative If you do not want to delete any of your slides Question and Answer Slides and just want to make those panels on the main board inactive, you can right click on the panel and select Remove Hyperlink. For 2003 users you will need to double right click to find this option. This will remove the link to the Corresponding Question Slide.
Play quick games on the go in single ... (even for final jeopardy) makes the game ... and when the final jeopardy wager prompt comes up you can ...
We've got Jeopardy! games for your ... ON THE NEW HD VERSION OF JEOPARDY! PLAY THROUGH 3,000 NEW CLUES. AVAILABLE ON XBOX 360®, PLAYSTATION®3, AND ...
Play free games online including racing games, ... Back to Candyland Episode 3: Sweet River. ... Play free games online at GamesGames.com!
Download and play over 2500 PC games for free at Iplay ... time management games, match-3 games and more is at Iplay. ... Yahoo Games PC Download ...
Games Just for You; Weekly Deals; ... Control the board and buzz your way to the top as JEOPARDY!® comes to a PLAYSTATION®3 computer ... 1-3 Player Types ...
With playR you can save Jeopardy! online and compete with other players hiscores and play other classic video games online. ... There are 3 levels, ...
Welcome to the official Jeopardy! ... 3:35. Play next; Play now; ... Tournament of Champions: 11/19/14 Post-Game Chat
... games, music, movies, TV, books, ... Images; Maps; Play; YouTube; News; Gmail; Drive; More. Calendar; Translate; ... With Your Google Newsstand ...
Play over 3000 free online games! ... Ricochet Kills 3. ... Download Games Jigsaw Puzzle Games Video Games Contact About Us
World's 2 player games platform. Daily updated best two player games in different categories are published for you.