Published on November 16, 2013
• The initial sounds • The initial sounds of a-z 1
Letters and sounds • 26 letters name and sounds 5
Aa Saying the short “a” sounds Saying the long „a‟ sound 7
Bb Saying the short “b” sounds 9
Cc Saying the hard “c” sounds Saying the soft „c‟ sound 11
Dd Saying the short “d” sounds 13
Ee Saying the short “e” sounds Saying the long „e‟ sound 15
Ff Saying the short “f” sounds 17
Revise Aa to Ff by filling in the missing letters 18
Gg Saying the hard “g” sounds Saying the soft „g‟ sound 21
Hh Saying the short “h” sounds 23
Ii Saying the short “i” sounds Saying the long „i‟ sound 25
Jj Saying the short “j” sounds 27
Kk Saying the hard “k” sounds 29
Ll Saying the short “l” sounds 31
Mm Saying the short “m” sounds 33
Revise Gg to Mm by filling in the missing letters 34
Letters and sounds • 26 letters name and sounds 35
• Sing the alphabet song and phonics songs, and think about the names of the letter and the sounds that they make. • Make letter shapes out of play dough; write them in sand, write their own name in the air etc. 36
Phonics Games Match picture and letter http://www.primarygames.com/theabcgame/question1. htm Aa to Zz picture cards http://www.primarygames.com/storybooks/abc/c.htm Letter sequence http://www.primarygames.com/ABC%20Zoo/question_ 1.htm 37
• Aim: grapheme & initial sound identification • Sit in a circle, pass the sounds box, when the music stops, the one holding the box will take 1 picture card out and say the beginning sound of that word, ie cat, /c/. • Advance level to sound out all sounds 38
• Aim: Initial sound identification • sing the alphabet song and pass the ball, when the music stops, the parent holding the ball needs to repeat the sound aloud. 39
• Aim: grapheme & initial sound identification • Equipment: grapheme cards, objects with initial sounds to match cards, bag for objects • Game • Students sit in a circle. • Look at grapheme cards, identify sounds and arrange in centre of circle • Pass a bag of objects around the circle singing “Bag of objects, pass it round, pass it round, pass it round. Bag of objects pass it round, what’s in the bag?” (London bridge is falling down” tune) • Student holding the bag at the end of the song takes out an object, identifies it and it’s initial sound, then places it next to the corresponding card. 40
• Aim: grapheme identification • Sit in a circle, give each student a grapheme card, which is placed in front of them on the floor. • Each parent needs to identify their phoneme (sound) • Teacher calls out a phoneme (sound), the student needs to jump up quickly • The rest of the class need to point to the phoneme before the owner jumps up 41
What we have learnt today • • • • • Aa to Mm letters and sounds Aa to Mm words and pictures Short and long sounds Soft and hard sounds Practice grapheme & initial sound identification 42
Free Phonics Lessons is a complete 61 lesson course for teaching beginning readers to read and spell as well as practice basic math. Listing a complete ...
Introducing a. Learn how to say, read and write with this sound (phoneme). Learn to write the letter (grapheme). Can you hear the phoneme in ...
Phonics Lesson Planning. Daily Plans - These free plans follow the weekly planning overview given in Letters and Sounds but break it down day by day, add ...
These activities focus on the common spelling patterns for the nine vowel phonemes that are introduced in Year 2.
Kam Sze Education Centre Tel. : 2155-1055 ... This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
KS1 English lesson plan and worksheets on phonics. ... Objectives. To identify sounds within words. National Curriculum. En2, 1a, 1b, 1e, 1f, 1h, 1j.
Award-winning reading solution with thousands of leveled readers, lesson plans, worksheets and assessments to teach guided reading, reading proficiency and ...
Our phonics lesson plans for kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades are based on the belief that all students learn best when they are actively involved in ...
Phonics Lessons. Free phonics lessons ... Phonics Lesson 23 m4v, 12 min, 2.4 mB Teaches: review short vowels, short vowel exceptions (ea as short e, etc ...