PhilippinesComposite

50 %
50 %
Information about PhilippinesComposite
Education

Published on February 7, 2008

Author: Valeria

Source: authorstream.com

The Philippines:  The Philippines By: Kennedy Boyce, Erica Duval, Mack Gage, Dylan Davis Much information from, “Video Visits, Far East Collection: Philippines: Pearls of the Pacific. ” CIA Factbook Flag Description https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/flags/rp-flag.html Slide2:  2nd largest archipelago in the world. 7,000 islands Islands stretch over 1,100 miles. Main dialect- Tagalog 50% speak English 3 groups of islands: Luzon, north Visayaj, middle Mindanao, south Slide3:  Religion 10% - Muslim (many on Mindanao) 80% - Roman Catholic 23 tribal cultures:  23 tribal cultures Aeta Live on Luzon. Arrived in the Philippines 20-30 thousand years ago by a land bridge. (covered by water 5,000 years ago.) It now makes up some part of Palawan. Undoubtedly among the 1st or even the first people to settle in the Philippines. Mount Pinatubo heavily damaged the Aeta. Erupted June 1991, killed 250,000 people; the majority of them were Aeta. Many Aeta have now re-settled in cities, and it is doubtful they will be able to go to their homeland. Traditionally hunters and gatherers. They are believed to be the most skilled jungle survivors. In the Vietnam War many veterans were trained at Subic bay, near an Aeta village, Pastolan. http://www.peoplesoftheworld.org/text?people=Aeta Capital- Manila, on Luzon:  Capital- Manila, on Luzon Mega Mall- evidence of wealth But many are so poor they live on the trash heap for warmth (Smokey Mt- 40 yr. dump). Natural Disasters- Mt. Pinatubo :  Natural Disasters- Mt. Pinatubo Mt. Pinatubo, 1991, killed many people: eruption and mudslides. Ba ha la na:  Ba ha la na Typhoon season is June to December. Besides the struggles the Filipinos have a positive attitude. Their saying is “Ba ha la na” which means “come with me.” The CineManila International Film Festival hosted from Nov. 3- 15 every year History:  History Named for King Phillip- paid for Magellan’s trip. Magellan- 1st person to sail around the world. He made it to the Philippines and was killed by Chief, Lapo Lapo. He sailed the other half of the world dead! Spanish colony until 1898. Gained a short freedom until the US gained control in 1898. Japan kicks the US out during WWII (1942). Independence 1946 Recent History:  Recent History 1960’s, Ferdinand Marcos rigged the elections. Opposition leader, Benigno Aquino assassinated. Corozan Aquino, (left) his widow, elected president. Marcos ousted. Holidays:  Holidays New Years Day, Christmas, and Labor Day. Feasts: Holy Friday, Good Thursday, and Easter (IN April.) Festivals:Taguig day (celebrating the independence of Taguig.), San Jan Day, Liberation Day, and Foundation Day. Don’t celebrate Valentines Day, Fourth of July, and Memorial Day? Sports:  Sports Boxing, Pekiti Tirsia Kali (A style of the Filipino martial arts) Eskrima (Filipino martial arts using swords and stick fighting) Mano Mano (unarmed Filipino martial arts) Motorized sports auto racing karting motor cross Yacht racing Outdoor sports caving cycling marathon mountaineering orienteering. Racquet sports bad mitten Squash table tennis tennis. Skating indoor and outdoor Figure Skateboarding Target Archery Pool Billiards Snooker Bowling Darts Golf target shooting (mostly for Olympics) Sports (continued) Extreme sports Adventure racing Body boarding Knee boarding (surf sport) Knee- boarding (tow sport) Kite Surfing Paragliding Rock climbing Wakeboarding Surfing Triathlon. Team sports (mostly the ones played in the U.S.A.) Water sports Snorkeling Swimming Water polo. :  Sports (continued) Extreme sports Adventure racing Body boarding Knee boarding (surf sport) Knee- boarding (tow sport) Kite Surfing Paragliding Rock climbing Wakeboarding Surfing Triathlon. Team sports (mostly the ones played in the U.S.A.) Water sports Snorkeling Swimming Water polo. Water sports Body surfing Waterskiing Wind surfing Sailing and paddling Dragon Boat Racing Hobie racing Outrigger paraw racing Rafting Rowing Whitewater kayaking. Underwater Underwater hockey Scuba diving. Air sports Ballooning Hang gliding Parachuting Parasailing Skydiving Ultra light flying The Subic Bay:  The Subic Bay 100 miles (with Manila) US base until 1992. Philippines :  Philippines Annual growth rate- 2.05% Government- Republic Natural resources- copper, nickel, iron, cobalt, silver, gold (They are one of the most mineralized countries) Agriculture products- rice, coconut products (copra), sugar, corn, pork, bananas, pineapple products, aquaculture, mangoes, eggs. Exports $41.3 billion Imports--$47.4 billion Delicious Foods:  Delicious Foods National Dishes Adobo Lumpia Bistek Lechon Slide16:  Philippines a beautiful place

Add a comment

Related presentations

Related pages

PHILAM STRATEGIC GROWTH FUND, INC.

2 80% PhilippinesComposite (Total Return) + 10% HSBC Local Currency Bond Total Return + 10% Phil 30 Days Savings Rate General Avg (Net of 20% WHT) ...
Read more

composite decking material in philippines

composite decking material philippinesComposite Decking & WPC Products. Qizhen provides a comprehensive range of tongue groove porch flooring.
Read more

PHILAM STRATEGIC GROWTH FUND, INC - rampver.com

FUND Cumulative Fund Annualized Fund Calendar Year Fund Benchmark2 ... 2 80% PhilippinesComposite (Total Return) + 10% HSBC Local Currency Bond Total
Read more

wood composite decking suppliers philippines

composite wood decking suppliers in the philippinescomposite wood decking suppliers in the philippines. As a leading global manufacturer of wood plastic ...
Read more

Fundamentalstats120206 - fullertreacymoney.com

philippinescomposite x chile select40 index tallinn index south africa all shr turkey ise national h lingary budapest stock exch usadow jones
Read more

best composite decks in philippines - exteriorwpcfloor.com

choose the best wood for outdoor fence philippinescomposite wooden fences in philippines best buy on white fence panels black composite privacy fences ...
Read more

Afforable Composite Decking Wholesale - Shanghai Seven Trust

choose the best wood for outdoor fence philippinescomposite wooden fences in philippines best buy on white fence panels black composite privacy fences build o.
Read more

PHILAM STRATEGIC GROWTH FUND, INC. - marino.com.ph

2 80% PhilippinesComposite (Total Return) + 10% HSBC Local Currency Bond Total Return + 10% Phil 30 Days Savings Rate General Avg (Net of 20% WHT) ...
Read more

composite timber decking philippines - wpcgreenfloor.com

new tech wood plastic composite decking philippinesComposite Wood For Sale Philippines - Brand New and 2nd Hand . ... Page 2 of 4 ...
Read more

plastic wood supplier philippines - wpcgreenfloor.com

new tech wood plastic composite decking philippinesComposite Wood For Sale Philippines - Brand New and 2nd Hand . ... philippines supplier for terrace ...
Read more