Published on October 23, 2014
1. 7 Common Mistakes in Sales + Marketing Collaboration by PETER STROHKORB CONSULTING INTERNATIONAL
2. “Sales and Marketing are two of the most customer- facing functions in any sales organization. As the key revenue-generators they are what a customer gauges the business on, and they are the organization’s present and future growth engines.” Twitter: @pstrohkorb
3. There is a whole lot of evidence that closer Sales + Marketing Collaboration lifts Sales Productivity. We can show you that a lift of just 5% in Sales Productivity can yield a 20% increase in profit. So, Sales + Marketing Collaboration should be a BIG DEAL. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
4. So, what stands in the way of getting Sales and Marketing teams to support each other more effectively? The 7 Common Mistakes in Sales + Marketing Collaboration Twitter: @pstrohkorb
5. 1. Ignoring the Problem and Doing Nothing The worst mistake one can make is to turn a blind eye to problems. Yet, denying that there is a problem, that there is room for improvement, and merely accepting the status quo can magnify issues that would be otherwise manageable. Show initiative, become the solution. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
6. 2. Relying on Quick Fixes Shortcuts rarely work when it comes to Sales and Marketing Collaboration. When sales reps do not make their targets, many organizations try to fix the problem with short-term solutions. Let’s look at some of these quick fixes: •Provide more sales training •Hire more sales reps •Generate more sales leads Fix the cause, not the symptom. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
7. 3. Having no One Responsible for Improving Sales + Marketing Collaboration. Sales and Marketing obviously need to work together. For such cooperation to be possible, cross-functional processes need to be in place to make sure that both sides are in alignment. Not having an someone in place to intermediate between Sales and Marketing is a gross oversight. Be smart, get a referee. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
8. 4. Neglecting the Human Element Collaboration is a deeply inter-personal matter, it relies on people doing the right thing. When attempting to foster a cooperative relationship between Sales and Marketing it is important to address the human dimension as a priority. People come first. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
9. 5. Believing that Technology will Deliver a Miracle I have nothing against technology, as long as it is deployed properly. It seems though that there are vendors out there that offer their latest whizz-bang technology by promising the world. “Just buy our solution and everything will be fine.” It won’t be fine if you don’t make your People part of the solution. Technology is good, if used wisely. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
10. 6. Trying to Implement Change without Executive Support When change touches on aspects of corporate culture, implementing reforms can be an uphill battle. Get the boss involved. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
11. 7. Expecting Immediate Results Too often, we expect overnight results, and sometimes even that’s not fast enough. The fact is, any change must be given time to work its way through the system if it is to have any chance at producing the hoped-for results. Hasten slowly. Twitter: @pstrohkorb
12. Contact Us Now This presentation is deliberately kept broad brush, see the full blog here. Did you know there is a method that addresses the 7 Mistakes above, one that encompasses the People, Processes and Technology collaboration elements between Sales and Marketing, one that respects and attends to the respective competencies and objectives of both the Sales and the Marketing functions. It is called The OneTEAM Method and it can be successfully deployed in your organization. Contact us now for a free consultation Also, join our LinkedIn Group, the Sales+Marketing Collaboration Community Follow us on Twitter: @pstrohkorb
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
The 7 Most Common Mistakes in Sales+Marketing ... for Improving Sales and Marketing Collaboration. ... Peter Strohkorb Consulting International Pty ...
The 7 Common Mistakes in Sales+Marketing Collaboration © 2015 Peter Strohkorb Consulting International Pty Ltd, ... Sales+Marketing Collaboration Sales ...
View Peter Strohkorb’s professional ... "Poor Sales & Marketing collaboration severely impacts the success ... Peter Strohkorb Consulting International.
"Poor Sales & Marketing collaboration severely impacts the success of ... Peter Strohkorb Consulting International. ... Peter is an international ...
Peter Strohkorb Consulting International; ... and Peter Strohkorb Discuss Marketing & Sales, ... is Peter Strohkorb. I am an international business ...
... and Peter Strohkoeb Consulting International on ... Mistakes in Sales+Marketing Collaboration. ... Peter Strohkorb Consulting International ...
Peter Strohkorb Consulting International ... • Peter's '7 Mistakes in Sales & Marketing ... • Membership of Peter's 'The Sales+Marketing Collaboration ...
Peter is a Consulting, Sales & Marketing professional ... of Peter Strohkorb Consulting International, ... the Sales+Marketing Collaboration ...