Published on May 26, 2016
1. Peer-led professionalisation in Learning Technology #altc ILTA Annual Conference May 2016 Maren Deepwell @marendeepwell Martin Hawksey @mhawksey
2. alt.ac.uk About ALT the Association for Learning Technology – alt.ac.uk • ALT was established in 1993; • ALT has 1700+ individual and 150+ organisational members; • ALT works across sectors including Further Education, Higher Education and research; • ALT has an international community.
3. alt.ac.uk go.alt.ac.uk/join-ALT go.alt.ac.uk/join- ALT
4. alt.ac.uk Peer-based accreditation shaping Learning Technology professional practice
5. alt.ac.uk Can the power of peers help us create empowered professionalism in Learning Technology?
6. alt.ac.uk Meet CMALT – ALT’s peer- based accreditation scheme CMALT is a portfolio-based accreditation scheme developed by ALT to enable people whose work involves learning technology to: -have their experience and capabilities certified by peers; -demonstrate that they are taking a committed and serious approach to their professional development. Established nearly 10 years ago the CMALT framework is used across education sectors in the UK and internationally to provide recognition for skills, experience and professional development in Learning Technology.
7. alt.ac.uk Professional roles in CMALT Specialist areas provide flexibility Core areas remain constant: 1.Operational issues 2.Teaching, learning and assessment 3.Wider context 4.Communication Specialist areas reflect diverse roles: •Leadership •Tech development •Administration •Research •Policy
8. alt.ac.uk Peer-based CMALT model
9. alt.ac.uk Peer progression in a 3 year cycle CMALT
10. alt.ac.uk Reaching beyond the CMALT framework
11. alt.ac.uk CMALT in Australasia working in partnership with ascilite • Relevance in different contexts • Added value to broader frameworks • International reach • Application in internal provision • Accreditation for open courses • Growing the peer community
12. alt.ac.uk CMALT, ocTEL, Open Badges the open course in technology enhanced learning Mapping of the framework to the Open Course in Technology Enhanced Learning, ocTEL - an open course run in 2013 and 2014 with 2000+ registrations in total: -Weekly posts -Community group -Encourage participation through badges -Provide examples
13. alt.ac.uk #ocTEL – open course in Technology Enhanced Learning ◊ Hundreds of open badges earned; ◊ Designed and run by ALT Members ◊ 25%+ of participants from outside of HE
14. alt.ac.uk CC-BY-ND Bryan Mathers/Visual Thinkery, http://bryanmmathers.com/hashtag/openbadges/
15. alt.ac.uk Badge Pattern
16. alt.ac.uk Badge Pattern
17. alt.ac.uk Badge Pattern
18. alt.ac.uk Badges for community engagement #altc
19. alt.ac.uk Member Groups in the UK
20. alt.ac.uk Future plans: member badges ◊Badges for individual members ◊Badges for member-led activities such as Special Interest Groups and publications ◊CMALT badges for completion & assessment
21. alt.ac.uk TAGS #altc “One tag to rule them all … #altc”
22. alt.ac.uk Annual Conference & Members https://altc.alt.ac.uk/2016/
23. Association for Learning Technology Registered charity number: 1160039 www.alt.ac.uk @A_L_T CC-BY ALT This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Unported License. Maren Deepwell @marendeepwell Martin Hawksey @mhawksey
View 67431 Peer posts, presentations, ... Peer-led professionalisation in Learning Technology #altc. ... Technology Services Professionals ...
... of the Irish Learning Technology ... ALT and ILTA working in partnership. ... Peer-led professionalisation in Learning Technology #altc from ...
Open Access revolution for learning technology journal. ... support the professionalisation of learning technologists; ... #altc Blog; ALT News Digest;
Underpinned by technology . ... Peer learning and influence: ... professionalisation: Peer led change.
Showcasing different approaches to building a CMALT ... 03/peer-based-accreditation-for-agile-professionalisation-in-learning-technology/ ... OR #altc ...
RT @LawSocIreland: Her Honour Judge Rosemary Horgan discusses changes wrought by technology on legal research and the law. #ilta2016 https://t.co/ELdClvUmNx
The David Walker Daily, by David Walker: updated automatically with a curated selection of articles, blog posts, videos and photos.
Maren Deepwell. @mdeepwell active 5 months, 1 week ago. ... Maren Deepwell joined the session The West Midlands Region Learning Technologists’ Group 5 ...