Published on November 9, 2016
1. Data Visualization GEri - SpagoBI Davide Zerbetto, Nunzia Marotta Engineering Data Visualization GE Manager, Data Visualization GE Course Creator - FIWARE firstname.lastname@example.org ,email@example.com
2. Birt Report Designer TOPIC OF THE COURSE: In this course we will see how to assign parameters to any analytical document, such as Report with Birt, Qbe, Olap, etc. Parametric Report
3. To accomplish the task one needs to build up: ● the LOV which stands for List Of Values. It means to develop the set of values that the parameter can assume; ● the Analytical driver which manages the connection between the end-user, the document and the LOV. In the following there will be more explanations about these two concepts.
4. SpagoBI allows you to define a LOV in multiple ways … ➢ Statically ➢ Querying a database ➢ Using a script ➢ Calling an external object Each record in a LOV can be composed of multiple attributes (ex. Customers): [A.Catherine, 4559 Julpum Loop, Beaverton,USA], [A.Joyce, 3761 Cancroft, San Gabriel,USA]). One of these attributes represents the actual value. The others are just descriptive.
5. Click on the Profiling button and select Lovs Management from the contextual menu.
6. Start a new Lov using the button at the right corner of the page.
7. Fill in the mandatory fields (marked with the *) and choose in which way you want to implement the LOV. As an example we will choose the “Query statement” one.
8. Insert the query in the Query definition box and test it using the specific comand
9. When the LOV works fine you have to define some meta-information Select the column that must be shown to the user Select the value to be sent to the report
10. Then finally save it and go on with the next step: create a new Analytical Driver.
11. An analytical driver is an autonomous entity that models a business concept in order to use it as a discriminating criterion in the global data context, according to the different end-users’ roles. It works as a variable that can take its runtime value from different LOVs. The actually used LOV and, therefore, the actual range of possible values, depend on the role of the user that uses the analytical driver itself. Designing an Analytical Driver means answering the following questions:
12. Start a new Analytical Driver using the button at the right corner of the page
13. You'll be asked to fill in the mandantory fields marked with *. Observe that you can choose for the Type between Date, String or Number. SpagoBI display Date Widget. SpagoBI send data as Integer to the Report SpagoBI send data as String to the Report REMEMBER TO SAVE and keep on filling in
14. You'll be asked to fill in the mandantory fields marked with *. Observe that you can choose for the Type between Date, String or Number. REMEMBER TO SAVE and keep on filling in ➔ Select Functional if analysis data will be drived by the current AD ➔ Select Temporal if this AD depends on the time and it can be conveniently computed by the Scheduler by means of a formula
15. IT'S IMPORTANT TO ➢ Fill in the mandatory fields. ➢ Associate the corresponding LOV to the AD . ➢ Attribute Roles to the AD.
16. We stress that one can add distinct operational methods to an AD and relate them to different roles. This way the same AD displays different values with a certain data visualization accordingly to the end-users' roles.
17. Relate Analytical Driver and document
18. Edit the document (using document detail ) At the bottom of the page select New from the dedicated section Document Analytical Driver Detail.
19. ➢ Fill in the mandatory fields and add the AD clicking on the icon at the end of the row. ➢ Insert in the Url Name box the exact name of the parameter used in your report/qbe/olap/whatever…. USE THE GREEN TICK TO SELECT THE AD
20. To sum up: Edit the document ( using document detail ) Select New and fill in the mandatory boxes Add Driver at the bottom of the form. REMEBER TO SAVE AS SOON AS YOU THINK YOU'RE DONE WITH THE INSERTION Remember the URL NAME value must be identical to the report parameter name
21. Repeat the procedure and assign as many parameters as the report is configured
22. Open your document and check parameters. Click on the Execute button to run your statistic.