Published on January 27, 2016
1. How To Freshen Up Your Sourcing Strategy for 2016 #sourceFTW @lever @pairedsourcing Wednesday January 27, 2016
2. ● Phone lines are muted - please use the questions area to ‘ask Jer’ ● Tweet out the good stuff using #sourceFTW, @pairedsourcing and @lever ● $100 Amazon Gift Card for the most useful tweet Leela Srinivasan Chief Marketing Officer Lever @leelasrin Thanks for joining us!
3. - Our featured speaker Jer Langhans Co-founder Paired Sourcing @majiksourcer #sourceFTW
4. What we’ll cover 1. How to allocate your sourcing time and where to look 2. Research and outreach tips 3. How to structure your sourcing team 4. What you can outsource 5. What metrics to track #sourceFTW
5. 1. How to allocate time and where to look
6. Deal with your ‘gorillas’: ATS and LinkedIn #sourceFTW
7. Gorillas should only take ⅓ of your time #sourceFTW ATS/CRM ● You always look in your own database first ● Don’t need to carve out 12 hours a day sourcing if you can just answer the front door ● Track, measure, evaluate - do you still have positions open?
8. Spend ⅓ of your time on online sources PRO TIP App stores are great for finding contact info. Find apps similar to ones you admire; there’s always an email address. Top online tech talent sources ● LinkedIn (there’s still gold in them hills, but…) ● StackOverflow (but not the careers section) ● Quora ● Github ● Boolean on Google ● Social, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram #sourceFTW
9. Instagram success for [bigger] brands #tobeapartner
10. Spend your last ⅓ on ‘offline sourcing’ Top offline sources ● Employee referrals. ENGAGE PROMPTLY. ● Meetups ○ Can be efficient (e.g. vs. 10 coffee meetings) ● Campus recruiting (though takes effort, bring your leaders) #sourceFTW
11. 2. Research and outreach tips
12. 3 tips to build a full slate 1. You need VOLUME #sourceFTW
13. Do the math - you need a long[er] list #sourceFTW 20-30 2-3 .25 OUTREACH POSITIVE RESPONSES OFFERS HIRES ? THIS IS WHY...
14. For any job, you need a pool of 100 people #sourceFTW 20-30 100OUTREACH POSITIVE RESPONSES OFFERS HIRES Including real applicants 10 1-2 1
15. 3 tips to build a full slate 1. You need VOLUME 2. You need to be PERSONABLE #sourceFTW 100 people per job open
16. THOU SHALT NOT SOURCE FROM A NO-REPLY EMAIL ADDRESS. #sourceFTW
17. #sourceFTW If you’re sending from your system, you need to look like an actual person
18. IF YOU GO STRAIGHT FOR THE KILL, YOU’LL DIE AN INSTANT SOURCING DEATH. #sourceFTW
19. Terrible, horrible sourcing emails #sourceFTW Good sourcing email Dear Mr. Jer, I read profile on LinkedIn and want to reach you. Are you qualified for Java role today? Email back. I hope you’re well. I wanted to reach out to you regarding a potential career opportunity here at big Co. Based on your background and experience, I think this would be of interest to you or perhaps someone you know. If interested, please let me know the best time and phone number to reach you. I look forward to discussing the details of this opportunity with you or learning other ways that I can be a resource in your career. Have a great day. Bill Recruiter
20. 3 tips to build a full slate 1. You need VOLUME 2. You need to be PERSONABLE 3. You need a HOOK #sourceFTW Outreach from a real person Start a conversation, don’t go for the kill Up to 100 people per job Example: reference Android open source projects when engaging sourced prospects for Android role
21. 3. How to structure your sourcing team
22. 2 models to consider #sourceFTW vs. 1 2
23. The entry-level, get-your-feet-wet model1 With 1-2 people, you can ● Build a slate of 2-3 great sourced candidates per job ● Focus on building long[er] list ● Do some outreach - but only by making tradeoff with building long[er] list ● Maintain list quality ○ Title, company, links to social & profile ○ Calibrate and audit #sourceFTW
24. 2 Sourcer Recruiter Coordinator Talent Acquisition Leader Point person on funnel curation (research) & initial outreach (email) Assessing talent (phone & in-person interviews) & making offers/closing Scheduling, candidate experience onsite, & general support Management (direct or indirect) The all-in, POD model #sourceFTW
25. 1 POD can cover ~6 technical hires /month Sourcer Recruiter Coordinator Manager ~75 technical hires/ year Sourcer Recruiter Coordinator Manager Sourcer Recruiter Coordinator Manager ~150 technical hires/ year #sourceFTW
26. Potential economies of scale Sourcer Recruiter Coordinator Sourcer Recruiter Coordinator Manager POD A POD B 1. At managerial level 2. In buying sourcing tools #sourceFTW
27. 4. What you can outsource
28. Let’s say you’ve got a Kia budget Things to outsource (in order): ● Heavy lifting (e.g., get a LinkedIn Recruiter account) ● The 2-3 most challenging roles to staffing agency ● Scheduling to a managed service vendor (OR an ATS that supports scheduling well) ● Engage a boutique sourcing service for list gen #sourceFTW 100-person company 1-2 person sourcing team 20-30 hires this year PRO TIP Evaluate the tradeoffs before you outsource anything, and do NOT outsource your voice
29. 5. What metrics to track
30. 3 reasons to prioritize funnel conversion rate over everything else How many people do I need to reach out to in order to make my hire? 1. Signals your brand cachet to the c-suite 2. Informs your reachout volume and therefore your sourcing model 3. Because nobody cares unless you fill reqs #sourceFTW
31. Choose secondary metrics you actually control Time to slate > Time to fill #sourceFTW
32. How Lever can help
33. Lever’s chrome extension makes sourcing around the web much easier Sources we like: ● AngelList - startup hires ● GitHub, StackOverflow - developers ● Dribbble - designers ● Sourcing.io - engineers ● Xing - select European talent ● LinkedIn, FB & Twitter - all ● Conference speaker lists - all For more tips on how to source a quality pipeline, download our free ebook: lever.co/ebook-sourcing
34. You’ll need a place to organize and manage your prospects AND candidates vs. #sourceFTW
35. Pull conversion reports for every role and stage in seconds #sourceFTW
36. Thank you! Questions? Join our February 3 webinar: 6 Steps to a Winning Business Case for Talent Acquisition Programs Featuring Kara Yarnot Meritage Talent http://lever.co/recruiting-resources www.pairedsourcing.com #sourceFTW
How to Freshen Up Your Sourcing Strategy for 2016 ... Listing to Paired Sourcing's Jer Langhans in webinar packed full of actionable advice based on his ...
How to Freshen Up Your Sourcing Strategy for 2016 ... that your hiring managers will love. Join Paired Sourcing's Jer ... up for the webinar.
Paired Sourcing. 95 likes · 12 talking about this. ... Forgot your password? Sign Up ... To connect with Paired Sourcing, sign up for Facebook today. Sign ...
The latest Tweets from Paired Sourcing ... 3 webinars, 3 ways to boost your talent acquisition in 2016. ... Sign up, tune into the things you care about, ...
Don Charlton, the CEO and Founder of The Resumator, outlined some great tips and tricks in a recent webinar about building active sourcing strategies.
Overview and Challenges: WEBINAR DETAILS: ... What has to be considered when building up the sourcing strategy? ... Share this webinar with your colleagues!
Exhibitors. Meet the Solution Providers at the Forefront of Soucing & Strategic Vendor Relationships The Gartner Sourcing & Strategic Vendor Relationships ...
Developing Your Sourcing Strategy for Vietnam. Published: May 2014. In this issue of Vietnam Briefing Magazine, we attempt to clarify the decision making ...
In this *live* interactive webinar, learn how to improve your job search in 2016 by focusing on 3 key LinkedIn activities. Job search expert and ...