Published on June 8, 2016
1. how to collaborate closely on content with subject matter experts Pair writing: UX Scotland 2016 Friday, 10th June – Our Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh
2. Richard Ingram .com Content Strategist and Information Designer @richardjingram
3. Inspired by the agile technique of pair programming What is pair writing?
4. Designing content together with another person from the same source document. What is pair writing?
5. We need input from subject matter experts to ensure our content is accurate and meets user needs.
6. We need input from subject matter experts to ensure our content is accurate and meets user needs.
7. FINAL Subject matter expert
8. Content Designer Subject matter expert
9. Pair writing encourages collaboration right from the start of the content design process.
10. Pair writing encourages collaboration right from the start of the content design process.
11. Pair writers put a positive form of pressure on each other. They don’t want to let their Pair pressure
12. Pair writing encourages effective negotiations between partners with their own set of skills, experience, opinions and assumptions Pair negotiation
13. Receiving support and approval from each partners the conﬁdence to do things they might be afraid of doing alone. Pair courage
14. Pair writing ensures that knowledge is constantly being passed between writing partners. take turns being the teacher and the student. Pair knowledge
15. When we practice pair writing, we won’t remember who wrote each line. shared ownership of the content.
16. Activity 1 What do you ﬁnd difﬁcult about writing alone?
17. 2 minutes Task: Brieﬂy write down the different challenges you face when writing alone.