Published on September 22, 2015
1. Tuesday, Sept. 22 • Announcements • Objectives • Why so many fonts? • WILIST • ~~10-minute Break~~ • Objectives • Project 2: Inspiration • Preview/apply CD tools • Font Family Hunt – TBD • Project 1 review • 20-min. Challenge • Homework this week
2. Announcements • Participation points – Saturday – Next Saturday, 10/3 • Maker’s event • Uploaded videos to Canvas file folder
3. Objectives • Be able to describe the differences and similarities between a font and a typeface. • Give examples of 3 typefaces and describe the subconscious information each conveys. • Describe the role the home computer has played in text and how it is used.
4. Purpose of Font Variations • What’s the difference? – Typeface = Arial, Georgia – Font = Arial italic or bold
5. Why So Many Fonts?! • What does type do? – Makes books easy and inexpensive to produce • What does font do? – Makes information readable, fit better on page • What does font convey? – Mood, authority, credibility, taste, etc. • What have computers done for fonts? – More accessible, more plentiful, more misused • Give some examples of fonts and moods
6. WILIST • A font is a size or weight in a typeface – A Typeface is a family of text • Fonts tell a story that influences – Select fonts to convey mood, character, era • The computer has turned everyone into a typographer
7. BREAK: 10 Minutes
Part 3 of a series of posts on the Acumatica Cloud ERP Software Report Designer utility for building a comprehensive project overview report.
The first part of our gold Moonwatch models overview for Speedy Tuesday! Have a look at the gold Speedmaster Moonwatch watches from 1969 to 1995.
Join us Tuesday night in the Salsa Room! Each year our team puts on an unforgettable celebration for attendees and this year will be no different.
UMass Lowell Computer Science 91.503 Analysis of Algorithms Prof. Karen Daniels Fall, 2001 Lecture 1 (Part 1) Introduction/Overview Tuesday, 9/4/01.
Technical Tuesday: Building a Project Overview Report in Acumatica Cloud ERP Software, Part 3
Microsoft is going out of their normal release cycle to post a new security bulletin for Internet Explorer. This bulletin fixes a vulnerability that is ...
Terror Tuesday: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET PART 2 movie info - movie times, trailers, reviews, tickets, actors and more on Fandango.
OVERVIEW: In Homework #2 Part B you will complete your research project ... If you took the online class project questionnaire by the end of lab on Tuesday,
The Enneagram (Part 1) Overview of Enneagram Triads and Types: Tuesday, ... Interested in hearing more about the Enneagram? Richard Rohr’s The Enneagram: ...
Overview In parts 1 and 2 of this project we looked at open loop control of the ... Parts 3 & 4 will be due on Tuesday 2/25 before ... Part 3 You will ...