Published on September 17, 2015
1. Thursday, Sept. 17 • Announcements • Project Management
2. Announcements • Project 2 Metal: 1/8” aluminum, 24” x 16” • Tuesday - Cool weather = energy up, feeling good – How do I manage class without killing creativity? – Regroup and refocus on Tuesday • Homework videos – please watch them – Discussion is RE-inforcement – Questions about video topics on exams – Multiple videos – present info differently • Have project 1 ready to share on Tuesday – Does NOT need to be perfect – Share with class and predict cut outcome
3. Project Management • What is the goal of project management? – Create and monitor a plan to complete a project • What is a project? – Anything that has a starting date and an objective • What is a project plan? – What has to be done – How it’s going to get done – Who’s going to do what • How do you figure out what the project plan will do? – Meet with client, brainstorm with team
4. Planning • Before committing to the project – Define the project – be very specific about deliverables • Client sets parameters – List the tasks – brainstorm with team, do research • Make sure all possible tasks have been identified – Estimate cost and time for each task for entire project – Determine the order in which things need to get done • Timeline – Determine the resources needed – staff, tools, materials – Figure out possible risks and plans to resolve • Don’t promise (not even maybe) what you can’t deliver
5. Execute the project • Monitor time, costs, quality • Adjust plan if necessary – Usually means lowering quality – Or raising the costs • When finished – review the project process – Good – Bad – Better
6. Review: What’s Important? • Break projects down into smaller processes • Good, cheap, fast – pick 2 • Monitor the project for cost, time, and quality
7. Homework for This Week CorelDraw • Text Tool Design • Wake Up, Smell the Fonts • Font Design • Typography: Off Book • Type Matters: Font Documentary • Typography Matters
Share the excitement as we look ahead to the most modern Deutsches Museum ever! At present some of our exhibitions are closed before re-opening in fully ...
Flextronics Supplier Portal (FSP) Overview What is FSP? FSP is a centralized, web-based application that manages and supports collaborative supply chain
Page | 1 17-Sep-15 Programme Overview Venue: Sabanci Center, Konaklar, 34330 Istanbul, Turkey Day Time Session Sunday 22 November 2015
Electric Motor Systems EMSA 0 Annex Overview Electric motor systems in industrial plants, infrastructure applications and buildings that drive
Overview for Video and Data Display. DLP Pico technology enables excellent image quality, high brightness and power efficient display experiences from ...
Justice Institute of British Columbia Emergency Social Services Training . 715 McBride Boulevard, New Westminster BC V3L 5T4 Tel 604-528-5575 Fax 604-528-5521
Tatjana Höchstödter, Vorsorgeexpertin bei der ERGO Lebensversicherung, erklärt, was bei einer privaten Rentenversicherung mit der sogenannten ...
SPA Coordinated Metadata Catalogue Cooperation AT, DE and NL 17.09.2015 1 SPA – Coordinated Metadata Catalogue Involved Persons: Tiffany Vlemmings; NDW