Published on September 15, 2015
1. Tuesday, Sept. 15 • Announcements • Pricing Your Work • ~~10-minute Break~~ • Project 1 – CorelDraw • Apply CorelDraw tools • Work period (min. 1 hr.) • 20-min. Challenge • Review • Preview Homework • Binder Assistance
2. Announcements • Sent messages with Budget/Bookkeeping items • Check-in • Moving in to Project 2 – Working on Torchmate issues
3. Time Pricing Factors • What does it cost you to run your business? – Utilities, rent, fees, services, travel, ads, etc. • How much do you need to support yourself? – Rent, expenses, retirement, etc. • How many billable days/year, hours/day? – Vacation, illness, holidays, weekends • How much do you want to save?
4. What Else? • Experience in the field? • Years of education? • Special skills required? • How much work do you have? – Too many customers? Too few customers? • What service do you ACTUALLY provide? • How fast do you want to grow business? • Competition – on par or undercutting?
5. Do You Want This Customer? • Willing to pay what you want? • Can afford to pay what you ask? • Project is interesting or learning opportunity? • Begin relationship with long-term customer? • “Add to your Portfolio.” • Helping friend or family member? • PITA?
6. BREAK: 10 Minutes
7. CorelDraw – Project 1 • Size of metal sheet – 48” x 48” • Work envelope – 46.5” x 47.5” • Your metal – 24” x 16” • 90 degree triangle – Rectangle • Convert to Curve • Delete Node – Polygon • Guidelines • Convert to Curve • Reposition Nodes
8. Applying CorelDraw Tools • Text Tool – Artistic Text ONLY! • Convert to Curves – No longer ‘text’ • No spell check • No retyping a word – Now it’s a shape with nodes • Work with Node (Shape) tool • Precision Placement – X, Y – Length, Width – Proportional Option – Rotation Issues
9. Project Work Time What To Do If Your Design Is Done •Help others with their designs •Work on notebook •Create another design •Do homework
10. 20-minute Challenge Shapes Shaping Tool Dimensions Placement
11. 20-minute Challenge Shapes Shaping Tool Nodes Dimensions Placement
12. Review: What’s Important? • Calculate your time based on your needs. • Adjust your price based on market and client. • Undercutting competition hurts everyone.
13. Homework for This Week CorelDraw • Text Tool • Precision Placement Design • Wake Up, Smell the Fonts • Font Design • Typography: Off Book • Type Matters: Font Documentary • Typography Matters
14. Binder Assistance • Sketches • Budget – Income • Lottery winnings – Expenses • Startup costs • Rent and utilities • Insurance (optional)
You might be caught off guard as a coworker or friend does something unexpected that derails your plans today.
Daily Virgo Overview Horoscope from Yahoo Shine: You might be caught off guard as a coworker or friend does something unexpected that derails your plans today.
Your restlessness may get the best of you today as you envision the numerous possibilities stretched out in front of you.
Daily Overview. Dear Virgo, owing to the influence of Moon in Virgo, you need to maintain your emotional equilibrium and steer clear of any arguments.
Daily Overview. Dear Aries, as Moon remains in Virgo, you may feel intimidated and you may be confused.
Daily Leo Overview Horoscope from Yahoo Shine: You begin to let down your guard today, leaving you with the complicated task of integrating your feelings ...
Capsamania.de Die Chili Community für Capsaholics.Alles über Anbau, Verarbeitung und Verzehr der scharfen Schoten.Chiliforum für Chiliheads
For more information 866.466.7878 email@example.com ChrōmX 2000 Series . HIGH STRENGTH REBAR. ChrōmX 2000 Series (ChrōmX 2100 and 2120) concrete ...