Published on September 8, 2015
1. Tuesday, Sept. 8 • Announcements • Positive and Negative • ~~10-minute Break~~ • Review/apply CorelDraw tools • Work period (min. 1 hr.) • 20-min. Challenge • Review • Preview Homework
2. Announcements • Congratulations! Caught up on assignments • Lecture and Lab (computer lab class) – Lab = apply the skill • Independent work • Guided work – Lecture = gain the knowledge • Flipped classroom • Some lecture = homework • Project-in-progress reviews – Email or Canvas Message a copy of .CDR file • Bookkeeping article: http://business.tutsplus.com/tutorials/a-freelancers-guide- to-basic-bookkeeping--cms-24630
3. Positive and Negative - Design • Define – Positive – Negative
4. Where it really matters - Signs
5. The Cookie? Or the Cookie Dough?
6. Apply this idea to this project
7. BREAK: 10 Minutes
8. Applying CorelDraw Tools • Objective – Combine all elements into one closed shape • How do you get it into one shape? – Shaping Tools • How do you know it is closed? – Fill object • But first – Scaling vs. Zooming
9. Applying CorelDraw Tools • Shaping Tools – Weld – Trim – Intersect – Simplify – Front Minus Back – Back Minus Front – Boundary • Move nodes with Shape Tool • Fill Shapes with Color • Property Bar – Ellipse – Rectangle – Polygon • One more thing… – Position: x, y – Size: width, height • Export .DXF, .SVG
10. Project Work Time What To Do If Your Design Is Done •Help others with their designs •Work on notebook •Create another design •Do homework
11. 20-MINUTE CHALLENGE Tools You May Use: Rectangle, Ellipse, Polygon, Shaping, Fill, Property Bar, Select,
12. Review: What’s Important? • How to discuss what gets cut out – positive or negative – challenging • Design choices but, more importantly, structural issues – making things hold together • Objective with CorelDraw is to combine shapes into one element for export
13. Homework for This Week CorelDraw • Layer Organization • Guidelines Design • How to Price Your Work – 45:00 about CNC mill-work pricing (other considerations) – Or all 4 videos about general art pricing • Calculate what you should charge per hour – https://web.archive.org/web/20120102012155/h ttp://freelanceswitch.com/rates/ • Project management – Any 4 of the videos
14. If you want to know more… • Excellent list of articles about pricing your work – http://business.tutsplus.com/categories/pricing • Articles about project management – http://business.tutsplus.com/categories/project- management • Articles about bookkeeping – http://business.tutsplus.com/categories/bookkee ping
RENEWABLE ENERGY: OVERVIEW 1 Introduction Renewable energy sources (“RES”) play an important role in the energy mix of the future. The requirements set ...
TI DLP ® technology overview. Texas Instruments DLP® chipsets are the world’s leading projection display technology, including digital cinema, business ...
Bluegrass Community and Technical College Computer & Information Technologies Secure Coding in An droid - Overview 1 This is a secure coding laboratory ...
2015 GCD Annual Program Review AMT Project Overview Advanced manufacturing is critical to all NASA mission areas. The AMT project elements and ...
Share the excitement as we look ahead to the most modern Deutsches Museum ever! At present some of our exhibitions are closed before re-opening in fully ...
Zivilrecht. Der D.A.S. Leistungsservice informiert: Urteile in Kürze, 8. September 2015. Stürzt ein Radfahrer, weil ihm ein Hund vor das Rad läuft, muss ...
Session Session Format Room Day Begin End Open Session