Published on March 15, 2014
OVERVIEW OF THE RESEARCH PROCESS By : Jade V. Villareal Cited From; Atty. Ma. Braceros-Agbon-instructor
RESEARCH REQUIRMENTS 1. Recognation of problems- Research was developed out of man’s determination to solve the problems that confront him. 2. From researchers through discussions on current issues.
PROBLEMS FOR RESEARCH ARE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE: 1. Historical sources accumulate with each passing day or week. 2. Earlier studies need reinterpretation in the light of new findings or evidence.
EARLIER STUDIES NEED REINTERPRETATION HOW? Check on lists of theses or dissertations of researches conducted; with the aid of locating dessolved problems.
THE RESAERCH PROCESS MAY BE DIVIDED INTO DIFFERENT PARTS: 1. Identification of the research topic and formulation of the research problem. 2. Identification of the reseach methodology. 3. Experimentation and/or collection of data. 4.Processing of information. 5. Preparation of the report.
1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE RESEARCH TOPIC AND FORMULATION OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM. It has the following components. 1. Variables 2. Hypothesis or hypothesis 3. Theoretical framework
4. Operational definations or indicators. 5. Significance 6. Review of literature.
These are the usual components of academic (i.e. thesis, dessertation, journal, articles, etc. ) and the technical reports prepared for sponsoring or funding institutions.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF GOOD RESEARCH PROBLEM
1. Of great interest to the researcher 2. Relevant and useful 3. Novelty 4. Well-defined or specified 5. Measurable
6. Time-bounded 7 .Importance of the study 8. Training and special qualifications 9. Availability of data and methods 10. Equipment and working condition
BASIS FOR DETERMINING THAT PROBLEM OF EXIXTS 1. Absence of information 2. Contradictory results 3. Demand of explanation
2. IDENTIFICATION OF RESEARCH METHODOLOGY TYPEPS OF RESEARCH METHODS
1. Experimental Method -Studies of experimental nature in which the systematic study is carried out in an experiment under controlled conditions.
- A metod of research that allows maximum control over the phenomena under investagation. - Through experimentation, it provides ways of measuring the factors involved.
2. Descriptive Method -Sometimes known as Survey or Normative Approach to the study - Survey studies furnish valuable clues as to cause and effect relationships.
DESCRIPTIVE RESEARCH Studies that intends to presents facts concerning the nature and status of anything. A group of persons, no. Of objects, a set of conditions, a class of events, a system of thought, or any other kind of phenomenon which one may wish to study.
DESCRIBES AND INTERPRETS AN EVENT OR CONDITION It is concerned with conditions of relationships that exist, practices that prevail, beliefs, processes that are being felt or trends taht are developing The process of descriptive reseach goes beyond mere gathering and tabulation of data. It involves an element or interpretyation of meaning described.
Description is often combined with comparison and contrast involving measurements, classifacations , and evaluations.
DESCRIPTIVE SURVEY Is the general procedure employed in that have for their chief purposes the description of phenomenon in contrast to ascertaining causes, their value and significance. Used in many other of the study or invistigations other than the educational, social and behavioral sciences.
COMPONENTS OF RESEARCH
It has four (4) components, namely: 1. Research design 2. Sources of information 3. Techniques of data collection 4. Scheme or tools for analyzing data.
THESIS OR DISSERTATION
Thesis A formal and lengthy research paper written, especially , in partial fulfillment of the requirements of a degree.
Dissertation A more sophisticated research paper, written in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a doctorate degree.
THESIS PROPOSAL A skeletal framework taht will aid the student or researcher in thesis making
It deals with the problem defining them, identifying the data or the materials to be used in resolving the problem, delineating methods by which either the materials will be utilized or the data will be processed and interpreted.
It is meant to present clearly and unambigously the problem to be researched and to discuss the research efforts of others, who have worked on collateral or related problems. Different institutions or organizations have their own specific requirements and formats for writting research proposals.
FORMAT FOR A THESIS PROPOSAL
1. Tiltle of the Study 2. Introduction ( background and need ) a. Statement of the problem b. Importance of the study c. Scope and limitations of the study 3. Review of related Literature ( and Studies) - theories that have bearing on the research problem or topic -conceptual framework
4. Materials and Methods -research design and statistical treatment to be applied -description of instruments to be used -data gathering procedure 5. Time table (duration of the research)
6. Statement of Expenses (Budgetary estimates) a. Trasportation b. Supplies and materials c. Analysis d. Others 7. Literature Cited
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
PRIMARY SOURCES Are those which provide first hand data. Its compilatin and promulgation remain under the same authority that originally gathered them.
SECONDARY SOURCES Are those which provide data that have been transcribed or compiled from original sources, authority is different from that which controlled the collection of data at first hand. Are allowed in research only when the primary source is not available.
THANK YOU !
The Seven Steps in the Research Process. Skip to main content. Cornell ... We are ready to help you at every step in your research. Identify and Develop ...
What Is Action Research? ... action researchers find that the research process liberates them from continuously repeating their past mistakes.
influence of process and tool parameters on friction stir welding – over view ... research article
... of the typical action research process ... points of view must be ... action research carried out over the past 40 years has ...
They recognize their own view ... , the process of change is always social. Over time ... An important part of the action research process is ...
Research. BiblioBase; ... And in the process, ... "The World Parliament of Religions adopted the view that there will not be peace in this world without ...
Title: Research Process Define Problem, Research Objectives 1 Research Process Define Problem, Research Objectives. HOW? Overall Method ; Survey ; Experiment
Find over 100+ million publications, ... ResearchGate is a network dedicated to science and research. ... 2016 researchgate.net.