Published on January 4, 2017
1. Oral and maxillofacial surgery is the field of dentistry that specializes in treating diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the mouth and maxillofacial region.
2. Wisdom Teeth Removal Orthodontic Treatment Dental Implants Bone Grafting Facial Trauma Reconstruction TMJ Disorders Cosmetic Dentistry Oral Pathology
3. Advanced Preparation Includes. Preparing the Treatment Room. Preparing the Patient. During the Surgery. After Surgery Below mention are some common preparations perform before the surgery:
4. 1) Advanced Preparation Includes: Arranging patient’s record and radiographs in order. Making consent forms signed by the patient. Informing patient about the whole procedure. Providing all the preoperative instructions. 2) Preparing The Treatment Room: Placing protective barriers to avoid the chance of contamination. Keeping surgical instruments in sterile wraps until all set to use. Setting out the appropriate pain control medications. Having detailed postoperative instructions prepared to provide to the patient after procedure.
5. 3) Preparing the Patient: Updating the medical history and laboratory reports. Checking if the patient has taken the prescribed premedication as directed. Placing the radiographs on view box. Draping the patient and making him/her sit comfortably. Positioning the chair appropriately. 4) During the Surgery: Maintaining the aseptic conditions. Transferring and receiving instruments. Aspirating and retracting as required. Monitoring all the vital signs of the patient. Stabling the patient’s head and mandible appropriately. Observing the patient’s condition during the whole procedure.
6. 5) After Surgery: Someone should always stay with the patient. Scheduling a post-operative visit. Updating the treatment record of the patient. Disinfecting the treatment area. Giving detailed (written and verbal) postoperative instructions. Following are Some Important Instructions. Control of Bleeding. No Physical Activity. Control of Swelling.
7. http://safariandmd.com/ https://twitter.com/safariandmd https://www.linkedin.com/company/1525752?trk=tyah https://www.facebook.com/safariandmd/ https://www.youtube.com/user/SafarianDMD
8. Contact Details: San Diego Address 4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 203 San Diego, CA 92130 (858) 755-8993 (858) 755-8996 Fax: (858) 755-8996 Office Hours Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Saturday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Lunch hours: 12pm – 1pm Chula Vista Address 1040 Tierra Del Rey Ste 211 Chula vista, CA 91910 (619) 656-6785 (619) 656-6789 Fax: (619) 656-6789