Published on July 13, 2016
1. Open Data Fueling Innovation May 18, 2016 Kristen T. Honey, PhD PMP Policy Advisor Office of Science and Technology Policy Executive Office of the President
2. Mission 2 Responsibly unleash the power of data for the benefit of the American public and maximize the nation’s return on its investment in data
3. 3 OPEN GOVERNMENT FOR AND WITH THE PEOPLE
4. Open Government Partnership 69
5. Open Government 5 The United States is a world leader on open government— promoting increased transparency, greater accountability, more meaningful citizen engagement and better public service delivery. Open Government Initiative – launched in 2009, each agency is directed to increase transparency, public participation, and collaboration by setting goals and issuing commitments through Agency Open Government Plans published biennially. Open Government Partnership – launched in 2011 by President Obama and seven other heads of state, has become a 69-country platform leading on transparency, civic tech and innovation, and citizen participation. Open Government National Action Plans – published biennially to include ambitious commitments that countries will achieve to further open government principles. Open Government Summits – held biennially by OGP chair country as large multi-track conferences; most recent summit in Mexico City in 2015 featured more than 2,000 participants from 60 countries.
6. 6 DATA BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE: OPEN BY DEFAULT
7. Open by Default with Federal agency data machine readable and discoverable Open Data Policy: Executive Order M-13-13 Managing Information as an Asset 7
8. Accelerate responsible data sharing with open by default and new tools/resources available to agencies Data.gov Unlocking Data – Accelerating Progress of Federal Partners Maximizing Data Return on Investment 8
9. Open Data-Driven Analytics Data-Driven Analytics informing 21st Century Government 9 https://www.digitalgov.gov/services/dap/ Open application programming interfaces (APIs): http://api.data.gov/metrics/
10. 10 DATA FUELING OPEN INNOVATION https://crowdsourcing-toolkit.sites.usa.gov/
11. 11 DATA-DRIVEN INNOVATION IS A TEAM SPORT
12. BUILDING A MORE AWESOME GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE. TOGETHER. TODAY. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact 12
13. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: International 13 A website that tracks and visualizes U.S. Government foreign assistance investments in an accessible and user-friendly format ForeignAssistance.gov Providing open U.S. foreign assistance data to the public
14. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: Finance 14 • Public, transparent implementation of a watershed open data law • Early, user-centered beta of the next- generation USAspending.gov By incorporating agency and public feedback early and often, Treasury’s DATA Act Program Management Office will unify financial and awards data, making it possible—for the first time—to track the entire spending lifecycle of a federal dollar Data Resource Template DATA Act Program Management Office http://fedspendingtransparency.github.io/ and http://openbeta.usaspending.gov
15. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: Agriculture 15 U.S. Department of Agriculture Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) initiative works to support global efforts to make agricultural and nutritionally relevant data available, accessible, and usable for application worldwide GODAN Summit 2016 GODAN partners are focused on identifying creative, concrete policy and technical deliverables to be announced at the GODAN Summit Join GODAN and help us make data work harder for agriculture and nutrition! http://www.godan.info/
16. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: College Scorecard 16
17. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: Health 17 HHS Demand-Driven Open Data (DDOD) Provides a channel and tools for community engagement, ongoing dialog and knowledge management to maximize the value from HHS’s data assets http://ddod.healthdata.gov/ U.S. Department of Health and Human Services IDEA Lab
18. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: Health 18 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services An Open Resource for Cancer Data NCI Genomic Data Commons and Cancer Cloud Pilots provide access to cancer genomic data http://cbiit.nci.nih.gov/cloudpilots released January 2016
19. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: Precision Medicine 19 Health Care Tailored to You Mission: To enable a new era of medicine through research, technology, and policies that empower patients, researchers, and providers to work together toward development of individualized treatments
20. Federal Agencies’ Open Data Impact: Police Data Initiative 20 53 jurisdictions around the country are agreeing to provide data around: ● Use of force ● Vehicle and pedestrian stops ● Officer involved shootings Restore the public’s trust in government and policing by increasing access to data around law enforcement activity
21. Join us! June 4, 2016
22. Join us! September 28, 2016 Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC celebrating Federal open data use Open Datapalooza
23. Thank You Kristen T. Honey, PhD PMP Policy Advisor Office of Science and Technology Policy Executive Office of the President
Open Data Fueling Innovation Kristen Honey, Policy Advisor, OSTP, Executive Office of the President
View 32841 Open Data posts, ... Open Map Local and Open Names, at the Open Data Camp held in ... Open Data Fueling Innovation - Kristen Honey. ...
The Open Data Roundtable Series ... Special thanks to Kristen Honey for her initiative and ongoing ... fueling collaboration across the public and private ...
Kristen Honey, policy advisor in ... Lyme Innovation will present awards to the top three teams at the White House Open Data Summit on September ...
Kristen Honey is an AAAS Science & Technology ... Open data also has other positive impacts, such as fueling creation of ... open data, open innovation, ...
... of federal government at the FedGIS Immersion Summits. ... and open data efforts are fueling more ... 10 p.m.Kristen Honey, Policy Advisor for Open ...
News Archive 2015. 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | ... NREL Recognized for Pioneering Work at Energy Open Data ... along with DOE's Kristen Honey were ...
View 43085 Honey posts, presentations, experts, and more. Get the professional knowledge you need on LinkedIn. LinkedIn Home What is LinkedIn? Join Today
Advertising Programmes Business Solutions +Google About Google Google.com © 2016 - Privacy - Terms. Search; Images; Maps; Play; YouTube; News; Gmail ...