Published on October 24, 2014
1. Who has the most pages referring to him on Google? A. William Shakespeare B. Elvis Presley C. Abraham Lincoln D. God
2. Elvis Presley has 40.7 million Google hits. Abraham Lincoln has 70.8 million Google hits. William Shakespeare has 78 million Google hits. God has 1.64 billion Google hits.
3. According to chapter 4 (They Say/I Say), there are three ways to respond to someone else’s ideas. What are they?
4. Are we responsible for our habits? At what point in the habit are we responsible? If our habit is part of an addiction, do we have control over it? (If not, who do we hold responsible?) 112334456778::::::::::03000333330000000000
5. A. Yes, I do both. B. I sleep walk. C. I sleep talk. D. I am not sure if I do either. E. I do not sleep walk or sleep talk.
7. A. Yes B. No
8. A. Yes, do you want to bet on something right now? B. Occasionally, I go to a casino or play cards with friends. C. I buy a lottery ticket every now and then. D. I have once or twice, but I will never gamble again. E. Never and I never plan to.
10. A. Yes B. No
11. Agree, Disagree, Somewhat Agree Templates
12. My habit is biting my nails and I want to respond to Duhigg’s golden rule of habit change First, I have to figure out if I agree, disagree, or both Then, I figure out which template fits my response and change it so it works for me
13. Duhigg is surely right about ________________ because _________________________________. Duhigg is right about the golden rule of habit change because I find that when I chew gum instead of biting my nails, I get the same reward. If I can keep a pack of gum with me at all times, I can chew a piece rather whenever boredom cues me to bite my nails. The difficulty will be that I have to remember to have gum with me all the time and that chewing gum is not always appropriate.
14. Your habit is smoking and you are responding to Duhigg’s point about the role of belief in habit change. Use one of the templates to create a paragraph.
15. A. Reading/discussing chapter 4 B. Using the templates from chapter 4 C. Discussion of habits/addictions
16. A. Chapter 4 from They Say/I Say B. Using templates from They Say/I Say C. Essay #3 D. Habit vs. Addiction
17. Read chapter 9 “The Neurology of Free Will” in The Power of Habit pages 245- 274 Read chapter 5 “And Yet” in They Say/I Say pages 68-77 Two peer reviews due tonight, Thursday, October 23, at 11:55 through Turnitin Participate in the weekly discussion (post due Thursday and replies due Sunday)
Partial Solar Eclipse of 2014 Oct 23 Ecliptic Conjunction = 21:57:46.8 TD ( = 21:56:39.5 UT ) Greatest Eclipse = 21:45:38.7 TD ( = 21:44:31.4 UT )
October 23, 2014 [image-50] During the late afternoon of Oct. 23, ... › Share your photos of the eclipse with NASA › Images of previous solar eclipses: ...
EE 221 Midterm Solutions October 23, 2003 3 Question 1 Continued b) What value of load resistance would maximize power transfer? RL = RTH = 300 Ω
Muqdisho, 23 October 2015 – Dowlada Kenya ayaa dacwad ucusub oo u gudbisay gudiga qaramada Midoobay ee New-York taasoo daba socota muranka badda ee u…
Enerviti www.enervit.ee stardipaketti 3 õnneliku võitjad on Kairit Kütt, ... October 23, 2015 · Rattalaada päevajuht on muidugi Margus Ader!
EE Limited EE Limited; Type ... EE announced on 30 October 2012 that its Orange ... wherein Ipsos MORI would commercialise the data on the company's 23 ...
Roberto Chinnici – Ease of Development in the Java™ Pla tform,Enterprise Edition 5 Page 38
Make the most of your digital life with EE and Me, your guide to the benefits of being on the network that's 50% faster than any other.
Get Tallinn, Estonia typical October Weather including average and record temperatures from AccuWeather.com
KETD (TV) EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT October 23, 2015 - NOVEMBER 30, 20151. I. VACANCY LIST . See Section II, the “Master Recruitment Source List” (“MRSL ...