Published on March 5, 2014
Oat-A cereal Team: Bakshish Rabiya Kaustubh Hrushikesh Garima Yash Shruti Twisha Mansi Sourabh Pratik
CEREALS • A grain used for food, such as wheat, oats, or corn. • A grass producing such grain, grown as an agricultural crop.
• Little history of oat is known prior to the time of Christ. Oats did not become important to man as early as wheat or barley. Oats probably per-sisted as a weed like plant in other cereals for centuries prior to being cultivated by itself. Some authorities believe that our present cultivated oats developed as a mutation from wild oats. They think this may have taken place not long before the birth of Christ
• Probably the oldest known oat grains were found in Egypt among remains of the 12th Dynasty. These probably were weeds and not actually cultivated by the Egyptians. The oldest known cultivated oats were found in caves in Switzerland belonging to the Bronze Age.
• The history of oats is somewhat clouded because there are so many different species and subspecies, which makes identification of old remains very difficult.
• Oats were first brought to North America with other grains in 1602 and planted on the Elizabeth Islands off the coast of Massachusetts. As early as 1786, George Washington sowed 580 acres to oats. By the 1860s and 1870s, the westward shift of oat acreage in the United States had moved into the middle and upper Mississippi Valley, which is its major area of production today.
Oats • Oats are a cereal grain used primarily as food for livestock, with only about 5% of the world crop being consumed by humans. • Oats typically make up a part of the daily diet of domestic horses • Oats have a high nutritive value but are primarily produced for livestock feed. • Their agricultural uses are various. Oats are valuable in crop rotation, and oat straw is used for animal feeding.
• Oat is a plant. People use the seed (oat), leaves and stem (oat straw), and bran (the outer layer of whole oats) to make medicine.
• Oat bran and whole oats are used for high blood pressure; high cholesterol;diabetes; and digestion problems including , inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), diarrhea, and constipation. They are also used for preventing heart disease, gallstones, colon cancer, and stomach cancer.
• In foods, oats are used as a grain or cereal.
Übersetzung für oats im Englisch-Deutsch-Wörterbuch dict.cc.
Oats have numerous uses in foods; most commonly, they are rolled or crushed into oatmeal, or ground into fine oat flour. Oatmeal is chiefly eaten as ...
Oberallgäu Tourismus Service GmbH. Erfolgreicher Ausbau der Urlaubsregion Allgäu. Unsere Geschäftsbereiche bleiben unverändert die Allgäu-Walser-Card ...
Overnight Oats gehören in Sachen Frühstück derzeit zweifelsohne in die Kategorie Trend-Food. Dabei ist die Idee, Haferflocken über Nacht in Milch ...
Overnight Oats sind das beste Frühstück der Welt. Hier gibt's alle Infos und mehr als 150 Rezepte: Gesund, proteinreich, lecker und schnell gemacht...
Overnight Oats: Einweichen und fertig Die Haferflocken werden einfach in Flüssigkeit eingeweicht. Diese ist abhängig von den persönlichen Präferenzen.
Porridge vom Feinsten in unerreicht köstlicher Bio-Qualität – das ist N’oats. Für unseren Bio-Porridge werden die Haferflocken (Oats) in einem ...
Leckere Rezepte mit Overnight Oats | Zubereitung quick & easy | Feinsten Bio-Porridge von Noats direkt bestellen Gleich ausprobieren!
Quaker is serving up wholesome goodness in delicious ways. Nourish your family morning to night with healthy breakfast and healthy snack options.
Technischer Support. Durch die neue Internet-Fernwartung der OATS können wir Sie noch einfacher und schneller bei Fragen rund um die Allgäu-Walser-Card ...