Published on October 15, 2014
1. Submitted by Arun yadav 3A-1 111000033
2. What is wastewater management? Wastewater management is the process by which all waste water (waste from showers, toilets, sinks, both residential and most commercial) is treated and returned back to a receiving stream for reuse.
3. Source of wastewater Home agricultural Industrial http://www.sswm.info/sites/default/files/toolbox/SPUHLER% 202010%20Source%20of%20Different%20Wastewaters.jpg
4. Electrocoagulation: New method in wastewater treatment Electrocoagulation is an advanced and economical water treatment technology. It effectively removes suspended solids to sub-micrometre levels Electrocoagulation is the process of destabilizing suspended, emulsified, or dissolved contaminants in an aqueous medium by introducing an electrical current into the medium.
5. Requirements of EC EC reactor is made up of an electrolytic cell with one anode and one cathode. EC system essentially consists of pairs of conductive metal plates in parallel, which act as monopolar electrodes. It also required sacrificial anodes. The requirements to operate EC are a. Direct current power source b. Resistance Box c. Multimeter
6. Schematic Diagram http://www.worldofchemicals.com/article/18/EC-reactor-electrodes.jpg
7. EC setup
8. Working http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/0/20818/2289083/ststem-overview.png
9. Advantages Removes suspended and colloidal solids Breaks oil emulsions in water Removes fats, oil, and grease Removes complex organics Destroys and removes bacteria, viruses and cysts Color removal up to 95% BOD removal > 60% COD removal > 70%
10. Benefits Supplied as a skid mounted unit, fully assembled for inlet/outlet and backwash connections Low operating costs Low power requirements Minimal chemical additions Low maintenance
11. Disadvantages The ‘sacrificial electrodes’ are dissolved into wastewater streams as a result of oxidation, and need to be regularly replaced. The use of electricity may be expensive in many places. High conductivity of the wastewater suspension is required.
12. Applications Ground Water Cleanup Surface Water Cleanup Sewage Treatment
13. Reclamation and Reuse of treated water Irrigation Industrial use Recreational uses Groundwater recharge Potable reuse
New Approaches and Technologies for Wastewater Management Publications; Annual ... Collection and Pumping of Wastewater. New York: McGraw-Hill Book ...
Techniques for water and wastewater management: ... Only in specialised courses, do students have a chance to learn about new techniques.
A host of new technologies and techniques for wastewater management are being developed around the world, in response to environmental, economic
4 Wastewater Management - A UN-Water Analytical Brief Contents List of abbreviations 1. Background 2. ... Wastewater Management Analytical Brief ...
New Techniques Of Waste Water Management . ... There are various techniques of wastewater management which improve ... Decentralized water management is ...
1. By Ravish Kumar 1EW09CV053 Under the Guidance of Mr. Nagraj Gupta MS Associate Professor Dept. of Civil Engineering East West Institute of Technology ...
New Techniques for Wastewater and Sludge Treatment in Northern Regions. Share: Facebook Twitter Google Plus LinkedIn. ... Software, Data Management. Oct 14 ...
Waste Management Coordinating Lead Authors: ... Kingdom and New York, NY, ... 10.6.2 Wastewater management ...