New house building, April 2018 to March 2019

67 %
33 %
Information about New house building, April 2018 to March 2019

Published on June 6, 2019

Author: StatisticsWales

Source: slideshare.net

1. New House Building in Wales 2018-19 Information on the number of new dwellings started and completed in Wales based on the reports of local authority building inspectors and the National House Building Council (NHBC).

2. Sources: New House Building 2018-19 Statistical Release (Welsh Government) 0 2,000 4,000 6,000 8,000 10,000 12,000 2005-06 2006-07 2007-08 2008-09 2009-10 2010-11 2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15 2015-16 2016-17 2017-18 2018-19 Starts Completions New dwelling started and completed in Wales, by year

3. New dwellings started during 2018-19 5,974 new dwellings started during 2018-19 A decrease of 1% on 2017-18

4. New Dwellings Completed during 2018-19 5,777 dwellings completed during 2018-19 a decrease of 13% on 2017-18 78% of new dwellings were in the private sector

5. New dwellings completed by type During 2018-19, 78% (4,500) of all new dwellings built were houses and bungalows The remaining 22% (1,277) were flats

6. Size of new homes built, 2018-19 4 (+) beds 3 beds 2 beds 1 bed 25% 39% 24% 12%

7. Dwellings Completed by Tenure and Bedrooms, 2013/14 – 2018/19 (%) 7 29 20 44 41 23 31 3 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% Private Sector Social Sector 1 bedroom 2 bedrooms 3 bedrooms 4 (or more) bedrooms

8. Want to know more? • For more analysis see our release, New House Building in Wales, 2018-19 • Access the underlying data on StatsWales • Get in touch with us at stats.housing@gov.wales • Follow us on twitter: @StatisticsWales

Add a comment