Published on December 10, 2013
• • • • • • • • • Welcome and Introductions Analyzing the Results of Branch Technologies Measuring the Activities of Branch Staff Branch Technology Investments—Idle Time Before and After Turning Idle Time into Meaningful Sales Activity A Closer Look – Jeanne D' Arc Credit Union Increasing Top Performer Sales Performance Management Tips Open Discussion Including Q&A Session
Submit a question or comment via chat
• Gordon A. Williams IV, FMSI EVP Business Development • Kate A. Dame, Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union VP of Branch Administration • Meredith Deen, FMSI COO • Chad Davis, FMSI VP of Marketing
Big investments in branch technologies — • Cash Recyclers • Sophisticated ATMs • Video Tellers
Struggling to quantify — • Improvements in staff efficiencies • Increases in branch sales
Can you quantify how your staff spends their time? • Institution level • Branch level • Individual level
Daily activity forecast — • Percent of time processing transactions • Percent of staff idle time • Percent of task time
Scheduling additional sales related activities — • Supervisor coaching sessions • Sales training • Outbound sales / relationship calls
— Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Kate A. Dame – VP of Branch Administration
— Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union About Us — • Fourth oldest credit union in the country. Had 100-year anniversary in 2012. • Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts • $1 billion in assets • 61,000 members • Six branch locations (the 7th branch is opening in June 2014) and two high school branches
• Started using The Teller Management System™ in 2011 • Stats comparing Aug 2011 to Oct 2013 Aug 2011 Oct 2013 Productivity 17.9 21.6 Labor Cost $0.95 $0.92 PT Utilization % 34.2 37.73 FTE net difference 7.14 1.57 Excess Waiting for Work 26.4 5.4
• Prior to July 2009 – paid for performance and coached to the numbers. • Changed to “Relationship Building.” • No longer pay for closed products – put more focus on the member’s needs. • Tracking referrals that result in closed products is crucial.
• A target goal they are coached to • A stretch goal they are publicly recognized for • A required monthly employee threshold – Disciplinary action for failing to meet threshold – Oral, written, probation, termination – The numbers are looked at on a quarterly basis
• We “count” products only. Our system does not have the ability to recognize any of the services – such as e-statements, on-line banking, etc. • We average about 600 closed products per month.
• Everyone has a coaching session with their manager for at least a 1/2 hour each month • We use TMS and Lobby Tracking to determine the best time • We review metrics with the staff - TPH (with Tellers), Relationship Building, Assist Times (with MSRs), etc. • Coaching is necessary to create a Relationship Building Culture
— Adjusting to New Process Getting employees on board — • Sharing results • Promote benefits • Incentives
— Training and Scripts Building employee confidence — • Simple product training • Develop telephone scripts • Avoid the hard sell
— Reroute Call Center Calls Facilitate more conversations with account holders — • More cross-sell opportunities • Opportunity to provide great service • Hone skills through repetition
Position your FI for 21st century challenges — • Improve vague daily staff schedules • Identify the best periods for outbound calling • Increase top talent performance
FMSI provides performance management information and a scheduling solution to financial institutions of all sizes, including a workforce optimization comparative data report that allows clients to see where they rank amongst their industry peers. – Learn more at www.fmsi.com, or call 770.619.3443 – Download all FMSI white papers and recorded webinars at fmsi.com/resources
Get Novel Insights on Increasing Branch Sales with Technology The complimentary FMSI Branch Sales white paper focuses on a solution to address maximizing ...
Webinar: Increasing Branch Sales with Special Guest From Jeanne D' Arc CU. Exploring New Ways to Increase Branch Sales ... New Approach to Increase Branch ...
... To increase sales of loans ... Boosts Branch Small Business Sales ... in the branches and a new positioning for the bank’s approach to ...
How Banks Can Increase In-Branch Sales ... I left the branch without finding out about the new ... their branch staff to change their selling approach.
How did a bank increase branch product sales by ... The 8 New Books to ... The second six week Sprint built the sales leads and the delivery approach and ...
**Branch Sales Manager ... Evaluates and implements new sales skills / techniques to increase sales volume and increase ... Strong team approach to management;
How Banks Can Increase In-Branch Sales. ... I left the branch without finding out about the new ... their branch staff to change their selling approach.
... Marketing Branch has the marketing and communications experience to partner with you for a fresh approach to ... increase sales by ...
How to Find New Customers and Increase Sales: Sell More to Existing Customers In order to increase sales, ...