Published on February 27, 2014
Santosh Takale BARC, Mumbai. email@example.com Ph – 9967584554 / 9920388928
What is NSD ? What is Raman Effect ? What are the applications of ‘Raman Effect’ ?
Technique gives or can generate Fingerprint of Universe. Raman Spectroscopy – Material Analysis. Raman Scanners to diagnose diseased cell, organ etc. Detection of explosives. Detection of drugs such as steroids, cocaine etc. NDE for chemical analysis. Force constant & Bond length. Gas analyzer for anesthesia. In Year 2013, ‘Raman Effect’ designated as International Chemical Landmark by American Chemical Society.
• National Science Day is being celebrated every year to widely spread a message about the significance of scientific applications in the daily life of the people. • To display all the activities, efforts and achievements in the field of science for human welfare. • To discuss all the issues and implement new technologies for the development of the science. • To give an opportunity to the scientific minded citizens in the country. • To encourage the people as well as popularize the Science and Technology. • The objective is to make every citizen develop the attitude of questioning and reasoning.
Year 1999 : “Our Changing Earth”. Year 2000 : “Recreating Interest in Basic Science”. Year 2001 : “Information Technology for Science Education”. Year 2002 : “Wealth from Waste”. Year 2003 : “50 years of DNA & 25 years of IVF - The blue print of Life”. (Deoxyribo Nucleic Acid & In vitro Fertilization) Year 2004 : “Encouraging Scientific Awareness in Community”. Year 2005 : “Celebrating Physics”. Year 2006 : “Nurture Nature for our future”.
Year 2007 : “More Crop Per Drop”. Year 2008 : “Understanding the Planet Earth”. Year 2009 : “Expanding Horizons of Science”. Year 2010 : “Gender Equity, Science & Tech for Sustainable Develop”. Year 2011 : “Chemistry in Daily Life”. Year 2012 : “Clean Energy Options and Nuclear Safety”. Year 2013 : “Genetically Modified Crops and Food Security”.
The theme of the Year 2014 is ….. “ Fostering Scientific Temper ”
• The attitude of questioning and reasoning. • It’s approach of Believing, only facts supported by relevant evidences. Where these evidences are derived from observation, Logical interpretation and Conclusion made from experiment or experience which is repeatable under similar condition. • Believing things to the extent of evidence availability. • Scientific Temper is a true path finder & guide for our life. • It’s not only complex scientific methodology but it’s built on solid base of humility, freedom, courage, fearlessness & humanity. • It’s thought process which believes Universe runs on it’s own by natural laws.
• Scientific Temper will lead to develop, attitude of questioning and reasoning in every citizen, such attitude will boost countries techno-social development . • Scientific Temper made human understand : •--- There is reason behind every happening. •--- This reason can be understood by Human. •--- The efficiency of approach & availability of right resources will decide time, • completeness & correctness of explanation. •--- This is the surest way to obtain the correct explanation for unknown • happenings.
• Central Government Act - Article 51A in The Constitution Of India 1949. FUNDAMENTAL DUTIES ……. (h) to develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform; • Value education which is core of Indian education system also have Scientific temper as one of its main constituent.
Science, Religion, Society & Ethics
Science v/s Religion • Sanitation / Cleanliness / Fighting Disease / Health / Longevity. • Food Production & distribution / Communication. • Industrialization / new materials / Technology / Appliances. • Understanding of our presence / Real sense of our presence & values like equality, universal brotherhood, Conservation of Nature. • World peace and safeguarding human civilization – individual and community
• Education / Science based Education. • Every individual needs to understand & try to develop this attitude as a constitutional duty. • Think, about Scientific Temper, Speak & implement. The same. • On mass scale following is normally done; --- Science Exhibitions. --- Essay & Elocution on Science, inventions, Scientist etc. --- Poster competition.
• Additionally this needs to be done; --- Arranging Reformative talks / Science Lectures (Audio/Visual). --- Forming Science Clubs / HAM groups. --- Establishing more number of Science centers. --- Arranging visits to nearby Science centers & Industries. --- Ensuring availability of Science books viz. science made easy, experimental science. --- Science shows & Demonstrations (Science toys by Dr Arvind Gupta). --- Providing activity kits. -- Astronomy workshop & Sky observation programs along with Que/Ans Session. --- Organizing programs which will bring people closer to NATURE, viz. visits to Nature park, --- Birds/Animal sanctuaries, Snake parks etc. --- Snakes Shows / Birds-Butterflies watching visits. This will not only help to inculcate scientific temperament but will also contribute to eradication of all myths & superstations in general publics mind & will lead to conservation of Nature /mother Earth. •
Message on National Science Day - 2014 • Respect & Fulfill Constitutional duty by inculcating Scientific Temper. • Remember Scientific Temper is temper of freeman & surest way to obtain knowledge. • Banish religious rituals from your life as they lead to waste of natural resources, precious time & money too. • Eradicate all Superstition, for benefit of self, society, nation & mankind.
It is science alone that can solve the problems of hunger and poverty, of insanitation and illiteracy, of superstitions and deadening customs and vast resources running to waste, of a rich country inhabited by starving people……… who indeed can afford to ignore science today ? At every turn we have to seek its aid…………. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.
Our Contact : Santosh Takale, Scientific Officer, BARC. Ph- 9967584554 / 9920388928. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Santosh Takale. BARC, Mumbai. email@example.com Ph – 9967584554 / 9920388928 What is NSD ? What is Raman Effect ? What are the applications ...
Santosh Takale BARC, Mumbai. firstname.lastname@example.org Ph – 9967584554 / 9920388928 What is NSD ? What h is Raman Effect ff ? What are the applications of ...
National Science Day 2014 Article in English by Santosh Takale - Read online for free. Science Day 2014 Article in English by Santosh Takale
We're trying Google Ads to subsidize server costs. If you are logged in, you won't see ads. Hover to learn more.
... Day 2014 Article in Hindi by Santosh Takale Science Day 2014 Article in ... slideshare.net National Science Day 2014 Article in Hindi by ...
National Science Day 2014 Article in Hindi by Santosh Takale Science Day 2014 Article in English by Santosh Takale National Science Day-2014 by Santosh ...
Santosh Takale on Fostering Scientific Temper (Science Day 2014) Hindi