Published on January 12, 2017
1. MVP Academy 2016 www.mvpacademy.co Follow-up Report
2. MVP Academy is a program for founding teams with a good professional track record, that are targeting a global opportunity. In nine weeks, they improve product value and business pitch, get early traction and connections to a selected network of tech stakeholders.
3. Track record (2014 - 2016) 45 accelerated startups EUR 1.7M raised by alumni 18 products on the global market 12 startups generating revenue
4. The 2016 Edition Geographically diverse Batch coming from 7 cities: Arad, Bucharest, Chisinau, Cluj-Napoca, Craiova, Oradea, Sibiu Operating in trending industries AI, Security, Energy, Health, Mobility, Agritech Directed to all types of users Equal proportion between B2B and B2C startups, several of them moving to a consumer / business-oriented model during the program
5. The 2016 Edition Growing startup teams Average team size going into the program: 5 people Rising interest in hardware More than a third of the batch worked on physical products (100% increase since 2015 edition)
6. The 2016 Edition Current status of the startups 0 2 4 6 8 10 Closed beta / Development Launched New products To date, the 2016 MVP Academy alumni have received more than EUR 760k (investment, prizes, grants)
7. Featured Alumni • Raised seed round, won additional grants and prizes • Fully functional product is 75% ready • Starting clinical trials in February 2017 (http://reﬂex.help) (http://hiwoogie.com) • Accepted in SBC IoT & Connected Devices (London) • Demo-ed the prototype at TechCrunch Disrupt (London) • Currently in closed-beta, waiting list of 250 customers in US & UK
8. Featured Alumni • EUR 106k upfront payments received or in progress • EUR 21k total annual subscription fee for cloud services • In pre-selection process for Pearse Lyons Accelerator (Dublin) • Stable, ready-to-produce version (http://silometer.com) (http://typingdna.com) • Raised seed round from Gecad Ventures & several angels • Typing API available, working on downloadable software
9. Featured Alumni • Available in 23 cities in 5 countries, more than 4,500 active users per month • Validated B2B approach, 20 paying customers • Raised seed round, currently looking for next round (http://urbyapp.com) (http://scooterson.com) • Accepted in HAX Boost acceleration program (San Francisco) • Generated EUR 380k in pre-sales • Currently raising seed round
10. What to expect in 2017? Extended program 9 weeks (instead of 7 weeks in 2016), running from 6 March to 8 May Dedicated core team with multilateral experience in entrepreneurship, product management, legal and industry in-depth research 60+ mentors, 10+ custom workshops, 90+ hours of pitch practice plus weekly deep-dive sessions, meetings with industry experts and investors, recruitment support Become an MVP Academy Alumni keep in touch with your peers, ﬁnd out ﬁrst-hand about new opportunities
11. If you … are an early-stage tech startup … have (at least) a working prototype of your product …have a committed team with history of working together and/or good track record …are a dedicated founder with recognised experience in the ﬁeld
12. Apply until 19 February 2017 (11.59 PM) on the program’s website: www.mvpacademy.co For additional questions or inquiries about the program, contact Bogdan Iordache (email@example.com) or Mircea Vădan (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note: This material is purely informational in its character and does not bind in any way TechHub Bucharest or its collaborators.