Published on June 27, 2016
1. Motivating Towards the Quarter Close
2. Agenda Top motivators for sales teams Tying it all together Q & A The power of effective motivation Morgan Chaney Head of Marketing Blueboard Jared Houghton Co-founder Ambition 2 1 3 4 #MotivateGrowth Jeremy Boudinet Director of Marketing Ambition
3. Making the most of today’s webinar We encourage you to ask questions via the chat box Participate in polling questions throughout the webinar to help us get to know you better Share out your thoughts and learnings with #MotivateGrowth
4. Why we’re here today What are you hoping to learn today?
5. Source: CSO Insights 2015 Sales Compensation and Performance Management Study 45%
6. Source: Gallup Poll, 2014 ENGAGED UNENGAGED ACTIVELY DISENGAGED20% 51% 29%
7. Dissatisfaction Poor customer service Poor performance $550B Source: Gallup Poll, 2015
8. Let’s build motivation How are you currently motivating your sales reps?
9. Top Motivators for Sales Teams: 1 2 3 Games Meaningful Incentives Development & Purpose
10. Games1 Benefits to your Reps: • Healthy competition • Transparent goal tracking • Increased energy and morale Common examples • Sales contests, fantasy leagues, leaderboards, etc.
11. Ambition Demo
12. Meaningful Incentives2 Benefits to your Reps: • Generate excitement • Assign value to your team’s effort • Show appreciation for incremental performance Common examples • Cash, gift cards, company shares, coveted swag items, travel/President’s Club trips
13. Selecting meaningful incentives2 Incentives that are memorable Incentives that are personal Incentives that are sharable Incentives that reflect my company values
14. Reward with experiences Which Blueboard experience would you love to go on?
15. Michelin Star Dining Intro to Kiteboarding Club Seats to the Game Personal Spa Day
16. Intro to Glassblowing Race an Audi Sportscar Learn to Play an Instrument Be James Bond for the Day
17. Development & Purpose3 Benefits to your Reps: • Increased skills and experience • Affinity for the company • Paths forward, leading to increased opportunity for retention Common examples • Senior leadership shadowing • Mentor/mentee programs • Access to trainings/conferences • Opportunity and support for 20% projects
18. Tying it all together
19. Tying it all together “Our team's really young, but our methods and reward systems were old fashioned. Doing the same old thing wasn't going to make an impact.” +18% YoY Achievement 11-week Fantasy-themed contest powered by Ambition 6 Blueboard rewards to top performers
20. Let’s wrap this up Games takeaway TBD Incentivize reps in ways that are memorable, personal and sharable Seek new opportunities to grow and develop your team Disengaged sales reps can cost more than your quota, as a leader you must motivate 2 1 3 4
Are you having trouble motivating your sales ... provides the motivation and direction ... technology and training for millennial sales teams.
Ambition CSO Jared Houghton and Blueboard Head of Marketing Morgan Chaney deliver a list of actionable tactics to motivate your sales team. Presentation ...
5 Ways to motivate the Millennials in your team. by Bill Alexander. ... Millennials Sales People Motivation Business & Career Sales Leadership Sales Team ...
Sales Motivation: Millennials. ... It means that Millenials are going to make up the majority of your sales teams and you will ... ideas for sales ...
Managing Salespeople. ... This understanding will help you to customize your motivation and ... One of the best ways to motivate your sales team members is ...
The Key To Motivating Employees: Make Sales A Game. ... All right, we get it. Millennials are here to ... you’re doomed and your team will just fall back ...
Need to get your sales team ... Business Ideas; ... said that one of the best ways his company learned about motivation was by rewarding the sales team ...
10 Ways to Motivate Your Sales Team Without Spending Big Bucks. ... As much as your sales team likes you, ... motivation; positive thinking;
Sales motivation: Millennials expect coaching. Posted by Will Kloefkorn. March 5, 2015