Published on March 11, 2014
COVER LETTER, PART 2 WEEK 9-TUTORIAL MONIQUEWONG PLEASE HAND INYOUR COVER LETTER KEEP ONE COPY WITHYOU
AGENDA 1. Common mistakes 2. Shred this! 3. Peer review 4. Up next 5. Key takeaways
FYI- OFFICE HOURS & LATES Office hours: sign up now Bring in a PRINTED copy of your document Only 1 document (either cover letter OR resume) While you wait, get a friend to edit! Assignments: lates = ZERO
1. COMMON MISTAKES What are some common mistakes to look for?
2. COVER LETTERS Brainstorm: What are we looking for when we edit for formatting?
2. COVER LETTERS #1 THE OPENING 1. Can I do the job? 2. Do I want the job? 3. Am I a good fit? Overview: Are your 3 questions answered? 6 mins (2 copies)
3. PEER REVIEW FORMATTING: OPENING 5 mins Same header, margins, font & font size, bullets as resume Business Letters have EVERYTHING left-aligned (date included), don’t justify Salutation: Find out who will be reading it, RE: position title/number (make it obvious) Sufficient white space Don’t indent new paragraphs FORMATTING: CLOSING Full name typed out, BCom Candidate 201?, Sauder School of Business Actual signature is optional (no cursive font though) “Attached:” (e-document) vs.“Enclosure:” (physical copy) No page numbers
3. PEER REVIEW OPENING 5 mins Expresses keen and genuine interest and/or passion for position Makes a clear expression of the skills/experience matching the job description Primary or secondary research indicating interest in firm that is relevant (not facts that they already know!) Name Drop (when applicable)
3. PEER REVIEW SKILLS MATCHING 7 mins Describes specific skills that are clearly matched to the job description References specific examples that leverage experiences and qualifications Experiences highlighted are specific and concise linking past experiences through transferable skills Results show success or strength in past experiences Link back to job posting!
3. PEER REVIEW CLOSING 5 mins Very clear reference to specific skills and interests Request for meeting Gracious thanks the employer for their consideration (Optional link back to opening)
3. PEER REVIEW BRANDING 5 mins Provides strong, insightful research that demonstrates knowledge and interest in the industry/organization Illustrates how the candidate will “fit” into the industry /organization Company and industry specific jargon
3. PEER REVIEW INTEGRATION 5 mins All necessary information is displayed Format/tone/font/style is appropriate Best impression of him/herself is displayed
3. PEER REVIEW RESUME is about YOU… COVER LETTER is about THEM and WHY you make a good match!
2. COVER LETTERS #1 THE OPENING 1. Can I do the job? 2. Do I want the job? 3. Am I a good fit? Are your 3 questions answered?
4. UP NEXT 1. Resume & Cover letter (upload on COOL and turnitin.com)- March 21st @ 2pm 2. Interview Steam Online- March 28th @ 11:59pm 3. Office hours: SIGN UP NOW. 4. Tutorial next week, no lecture
MAINTAKEAWAYS 1. Resume = you. Cover Letter = them. 2. Personally connect 3. PEER EDIT! Get help!
Cover letter for w9 sample application letter for a nurse trainee literature review outline example apa. Via a cover transmittal.
Sample IRS W 9 Request Cover Letter. ... New Vendors Requiring a W9 If you are unable to find a vendor in our system a W9 ... The NEW YORK REVIEW OF ...
Use this sample resume for an automotive insurance claims processor to help you stake your claim on your next insurance job. ... Cover Letter Tips;
Sample job search email messages, cover letters, ... Personalize Your Email Cover Letter with These Samples Review these email cover letter samples and ...
Request letter example, free sample letter format, ... Technical Assistant Cover Letter | Sample Letters; REQUEST LETTER EXAMPLE | Sample Letters;
Fill W9 2014 form irs instantly, download blank or editable online. ... The W9 Form: A Quick Review. Not the form you were looking for? Search : Keywords.
... and cover letters, ... When writing a cover letter becomes too challenging or you’re not ... you will find helpful reviews that will lead you to ...
BBB's Business Review for Advanced Dermatology, Inc., ... Dr. Monique S. Cohn ... BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period.
Schedule a counseling appointment to draft your first resume or cover letter; Learn about Curriculum Vitaes ;
it will step you through the process of how to write your targeted resume and cover letters. ... review the differences between a resume and ...