Published on April 26, 2014
a featured products carousel
a big ass slider
a twitter feed
Posts from this category
Oops. I meant that category
Teehan & Lax
Anything by Vox Media
• Encourages a waterfall approach to content • Content Strategy subject to dev process • “Content” limited to wysiwyg’s & metaboxes • “Content” is crafted to fit existing boxes • Rich relationships are difficult to communicate • Distances creators from the users WordPress Challenges
• Design must function as a system • Start with the smallest units and build up • Everything is reusable • Initial deliverables become Pattern Libraries and Frameworks • Design all the way through your process, but identify how components are assembled to make specific deliverables. Design the relationships. Aesthetics
• Theme needs to be organized, modular, and flexible • IDs should be a red flag • You should be able to output Bootstrap or Foundation like frameworks for your projects relatively easily • Admin User Interfaces that encourage best practices. Give them the right tools, not all of the tools. TECHNOLOGY: Front + Back
• Small components come together to form individual pieces of content The Verge Longform, Velocity Page, Aesop Story Engine • The relationships between individual pieces of content can tell larger stories Snowfall, America The Gutted, Panel Builder, ACF Flex Content • Content should continually push the abilities of the CMS Post Formats anyone? • Stop thinking only in terms of taxonomy. Tell stories. Content strategy
• Create unique and engaging pieces of static content • Mix multiple columns, insert and manage media in fun and crazy ways
• Mix different custom post types • Reinvent the way you think about telling stories • Create landing pages or engaging content relationships on the fly
• http://today.law.harvard.edu • http://www.globalpost.com/america-the-gutted- globalpost • http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2012/snow- fall/?forceredirect=yes • http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/nov /01/snowden-nsa-files-surveillance-revelations- decoded#section/1 • http://pitchfork.com/features/cover-story/reader/bat-for- lashes/ Examples
• http://24ways.org/2012/design-systems/ • http://pea.rs/content/slats-html5 • http://bradfrostweb.com/blog/post/atomic-web-design/ • http://www.newfangled.com/the_way_you_design_web _content_is_about_to_change • http://daverupert.com/2013/04/responsive-deliverables/ References
allestimento in cartone per il Cersaie 2014 alberi in cartone scultura in cartone
Quarta turma do workshop de Infografia, ministrado por Beatriz Blanco e Marcos Sin...
I want to build a modular Wordpress CMS. By this, I mean that each page starts blank. Then, in the Admin the user would select from a list of modules that ...
Transform your WordPress into a real CMS: Create and edit modular content from the frontent of your site.
Create and edit modular content from the frontent of your WordPress site.
Contribute to modular-content-wordpress development by creating an account on GitHub.
It’s encouraging to see that this idea of modular content — not Newfangled’s ... The Pros and Cons of Front-End Editing and Modular Content in WordPress.
Modular Content in WordPress Published on: April 26, 2014 | Categories: Articles. The slides from talk on Modular Content at WordCamp Mpls 2014. By Reid ...
Mark Llobrera walks through how to use Advanced Custom Fields to create a WordPress CMS that is flexible and structurally sound.
How do I set WordPress Multisite to create a new site with a different default set of plugins and content depending on what category the new s...
The Pros and Cons of Front-End Editing and Modular Content in WordPress