Published on December 8, 2016
1. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Microlearning: Going Beyond the Buzzword Dr. Manal Houri Ericsson JD Dillon Axonify Ann McDonald Mimeo Keith Mahon State Street #MimeoWebinar
2. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Join audio: • Choose “Computer audio” to use VoIP • Choose “Phone call” and dial using the information provided Questions/Comments: • Submit questions and comments via the Questions panel. • Please download the materials from the materials pane before leaving today’s session. • Please continue to submit your text questions and comments using the Questions Pane Note: Today’s presentation is being recorded and will be shared with you tomorrow. Your Participation
3. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. How are you using microlearning?
4. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Today’s Goals • The link between the science of learning and microlearning • When it works/does not work • Create continuous development opportunities • Microlearning technology
5. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Dr. Manal Houri Ericsson JD Dillon Axonify Keith Mahon State Street #MimeoWebinar
6. Defining Microlearning
7. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Key Learning Points • Learners need the ability to immediately apply what they learn • Traditional training methods are not as conducive to knowledge transfer in modern workplaces and to evolved mindsets • Knowledge transfer can be prescriptive and proactive versus reactive • Today’s learning techniques need to provide flexibility to meet varying needs
8. When Does Microlearning Work Best?
9. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Key Learning Points • More suitable for some audiences than others • Consider the change impact to your organization and the learner • Align to the context in which work is being done and learning is already occurring • Learners are more ready than ever to adopt this method
10. How Can Microlearning Be Leveraged to Achieve Sustainable Development?
11. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Key Learning Points • User interface, ease of use, familiar self-serve format and integration with learning systems are ideal • Think beyond traditional developers to produce content • Design an experience that fits the context of work and desired outcomes and provide adaptive technology to deliver the right content at the right time • Consider future technologies such as VR and how they may be applied or leveraged
12. Mimeo.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Q&A #MimeoWebinar Additional Resources: • State of L&D 2016 • Stop by Booth 308 at ATD Techknowledge in Las Vegas on January 11th and 12th and play Plinko with us!