Published on February 20, 2014
MetaTrader 4 (MT4) Basics Tutorial How to improve your backtest results in MT4 10 easy steps to reach 90% modelling quality
Backtest modelling quality? Yes, this actually measures the quality of the backtest. The higher, the better! 90% modelling quality is the standard. It means that your backtest is reliable enough. In order to get 90% modelling quality you need M1 price data. So, here is a step by step tutorial how to get the backtest modelling quality in MT4 to 90%...
1. Open the HISTORY folder of your MT4 platform (this should be ...MT4_main_folder/history/trading_server_name/) and delete everything in it (don't forget to delete the Virtual Store under Vista/7).
2. Open your MetaTrader 4 Platform and go to TOOLS then OPTIONS and select the charts tab
3. Fill MAX BARS IN HISTORY and MAX BARS IN CHARTS with as many 9’s as you can and click OK.
4. Open the History Center from Tools menu or by pressing F2 on your keyboard.
5. Expand the Forex Tab by clicking on the + symbol next to it.
6. Double click the currency you want to download price feed for. A list of time periods will appear.
7. Double click on 1 Minute (M1) to load history for that period and click Download.
8. Click OK on the Download Warning message that appears.
9. The history will begin downloading.
10. Repeat this process for every other timeframe and pair you want to test.
That's it! You now have Forex historical price feed downloaded into your MT4. You can get 90% Modelling Quality for your backtesting. Note: If you need to re-download the data make sure you delete the download folder as well (this should be... MT4_main_folder/history/trading_server_name/) before you start the process. Don't forget to delete the Virtual Store under Vista/7 as well.
Find more articles, videos and further information at: www.gridtradingcourse.com Like is on Facebook and Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/gridtrading https://twitter.com/GridTrading Visit our blog at: www.gridtradingcourse.com/blog/ Real-time trading videos: www.youtube.com/gridtrading
... from automatically downloading free quality tick data to starting up MT4 ... of your Metatrader 4 ... Backtest with Meta Trader 4 ...
MT4 Backtesting Threads Platform ... If you have a 90% modeling quality, ... If you really think you have a legit bug on your hands, post it to the MT4 ...
Trading Robots for MetaTrader 4 ... tick data with 99% quality of modelling. ... Low drawdown within 10 years Default settings as backtest ...
Expert Advisors and indicators for MetaTrader 4 in ... over 7-year tick data with 99% quality of modelling. ... according to backtest results.
The data might be useful in order to backtest trading strategies or to import it to the MT4 for trading. Home; Order; Download; ... Data sources; Full data ...
How to prepare your tick data for Metatrader 4 ... backtest results ... 24,99% modelling quality. But remember that your strategy ...
... Peter Bain founded Forexmentor.com to offer quality & affordable ... a Forex Trader "workshop, a ... someone looking to improve your trading results, ...
10.13: 320.7: 0.00: 4: Akshabulak. ... just taken their first steps onto the ... Forex currency market with Alpari having any amount of funds on your ...