Published on June 9, 2019
1. Melvyn Bolus JP DipEngPrac BE(Mech)Hons MBA FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) PMP® Curriculum Vitae
2. High speed ● Commuter Rail ● Driverless Metro ● Monorail ● Light Rail ● Rail Transit
3. Construction Engineer – Rolling Stock, MTR C-Train, MTR WIL, Hong Kong S-Train, MTR SIL(E), Hong Kong Test & Commissioning Engineer, Downer Waratah Train, Sydney Validation & Verification Manager, Sigma Millennium Train, Sydney Metro Trains, Melbourne Namma Metro, Bangalore Yarra Trams, Melbourne Technical Delivery ● Construction ● Engineering Design Mechanical Design Engineer, Sigma Hunter Valley Locomotive Taipei and Delhi Metro MTR TCL, Hong Kong Bushmaster, Iraq Rolling Stock Engineer Trainee, RIC Millennium, Sydney Tangara, Sydney XPT and Xplorer, New South Wales Current Role: Test & Commissioning Manager, Downer Waratah Train Series 2, Sydney Warranty Engineer, Sigma QR IMU, Brisbane QR and PN Locos, Jilalan Rapid KL Metro, Malaysia Skytrain, Vancouver Las Vegas Monorail Istanbul and Manila LRT Tehran Bus Rapid Transit Brazil SuperVia Project Design Manager, Sigma MetroLink, Los Angeles Project Engineer, Sigma Class 395 Javelin, UK
4. Test and Commissioning Manager ● 24 suburban trains ● AU $1.7B Introduced trains into passenger service by leading a team of 40+ professional engineers, project managers and technicians to test and commission rolling stock to BS EN 50215.
5. Construction Engineer I – Rolling Stock ● 10 Driverless Trains ● HK $5B Introduced driverless trains into service by managing the Supplier, CRRC Changchun, to construct and deliver rolling stock to IEC 61133 and driverless train safety BS 62267.
6. Construction Engineer I – Rolling Stock ● 22 Metro Trains ● HK $1B Achieved Final Acceptance and Handover of trains to MTR Operations by managing the Supplier, CRRC Changchun, to complete all minor defects within the Defect Liability Period.
7. Test & Commissioning Engineer ● 78 Suburban Trains ● AU $3.6B Commissioned trains for Practical Completion into passenger service by leading the Client’s Train Crew to execute dynamic test instructions on the main line. Managed the Re-Qualification Type Test programme by coordinating test technicians and Subject Matter Experts to execute type test procedures and prepare type test reports.
8. Project Design Manager ● 218 saloon HVACs ● US $9M Passed all Design Review gates and the First Article Inspection by leading multi-disciplined teams, located in US, Korea and Australia, to design, manufacture and supply the climate control system for Hyundai-Rotem’s Guardian Commuter Rail Cars.
9. Project Engineer ● 53 driver’s cabin HVACs ● €1.2M Designed and manufactured a climate control system that operates 1200Pa below atmosphere and withstands pressure pulses up to 4000Pa, by leading a team of 10+ engineers to achieve compliance to IEC 61373, IEC 61000-4, IEEE 1558 and EN 50128.
10. Melvyn Bolus ● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ● Consultancy: melvynbolusengineering.com ● LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/melvynbolus/ ● Twitter: @MelvynBolus