Published on March 4, 2014
Maximizing clinical training opportunities Sameh Shehata Alexandria Egypt
“Clinical skills education in the undergraduate medical curriculum is fundamental to the development of basic clinical method and the lifelong achievement of excellence in clinical practice”
Where do we stand ?
• What are the objectives and expectations of clinical training ? (learning outcome?
• How to improve (modify) the curriculum regarding the contents and availability and implementation of “standard check-lists”
• What are the appropriate clinical teaching methods ?
• How to improve the workplace environment for clinical training ?
• How to maximize the use of the clinical skill lab?
• What is the clinical teacher’s role ?
• Do we need “Staff development programs” concerning medical education (teaching / learning)?
• How to maximize participation of the students (medical officers) in patient care?
• How to overcome the increasing number of students and non-availability of patients?
• Tianjin Medical University had built a 20,000 sq. ft. simulation hospital in 2008.
• Medrills apps for iOS and Android teach basic clinical skills to Army Medics
Recommendations • • • • Consistent . Reproducible. Reliable . Measurable.
Task Force • Clinical skills curriculum .
Recommendations • • • • Define objectives . Define clinical skills required for each dept. Describe skill clearly . Define level of skill acquisition – Miller – Dreyfus
• Announced to student and teacher . • Teacher orientation . • TDP – Tutorial – Demonstration – Performance
Assess /feedback • Assess ( OSCE ) • Feed back – Student – Teacher
Student/patient • Learning environment :
Solution Student/patient • • • • Simulated patient . Skill lab . Training Software . Educational Videos.
Thank you !
Maximizing co-training opportunities on a traditional health sciences campus ... The clinical portion of the experience places students .
Maximizing Your NIH Job Search Where to Look. There are four main ways of searching for open NIH positions, all accessible through the Jobs@NIH Homepage:
Maximizing Access to Research Careers Program, ... Other Internship Opportunities. ... Most are MDs working in clinical settings.
Maximizing Learning Opportunities in a Blended Clinical Rotation Through the Use of Online Collaborative Tools Douglas J. Koch, MMB Erik Langenau, DO
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts: Maximizing Access to Research Careers Undergraduate - Student Training in ...
Maximizing Educational Resources and Opportunities As part of the curriculum require-ments for graduation, ... The training in
If you are looking for an opportunity to fund your research training, ... Funding opportunities in the School of ... Initiative for Maximizing Student ...
There are 42,000-97,000 health-related mobile apps. There are about 1,000 new apps per month. How do you know what apps can enhance your clinical knowledge?
The Jobs @ NIH page is the central recruitment point of access to all NIH jobs and training opportunities