Published on November 21, 2019
1. STAT ANALYTICA Prepared by Stat Analytica Team
2. Discussion Outline Overview MATLAB Octave MATLAB vs Octave Operators RAM Usage Cost Ease of Use Boolean Expression File Execution Empty File Usage Print Function User Interface Compiler Toolbox Online Support Conclusion
3. MATLAB vs Octave is the most crucial battle in the statistics industry. It is quite overwhelming for the statistics students to differentiate between them. Even some of the statistics students may not select either one between these two statistics language Here in this Presentation; I’ll clear all your doubts on the comparison between MATLAB vs Octave. Let’s get started with an overview of both of these languages.
4. Matlab stands for the Matrix Laboratory. It is one of the most potent statistics programming languages in the world. It is used for technical computation, all because of its powerful performance. Like no other programming language in the world, it supports the imperative procedural and object-oriented programming language. That’s why it is considered as the multi-paradigm programming language. If I talk about the history of Matlab, then it was invented by Cleve Moler. It is the property of Math Works. In other words, Matlab is commercially distributed by MathWorks. MATLAB has a vast potential, that is why it is widely used in different aspects of our life, i.e., math, and computation, algorithm development. Visualization, simulation, prototyping, and many more. The primary intention behind the innovation of MATLAB was to have easy access to the matrix software. MATLAB was released in the year 1984 by MathWorks. The source code of the MATLAB is written in three different languages, i.e., C, C++, and Java.
5. Octave is one of the most popular high-level programming languages. It is also known as GNU Octave. It is widely used for numerical computations. The reason is it helps to solve the linear and non-linear problems numerically. It is available in almost 19 languages; it means that most of the countries use it in their native languages. If you’re looking to have the free alternative to MATLAB, then here is the best alternative to MATLAB is Octave. Octave is a mind-blowing programming language. It also has some features of structured programming language. Octave is quite awesome because, like no other programming languages, it loads the modules dynamically. It makes Octave quite faster than other programming languages. It is also having the interpreter based on open GL graphics. That is quite handy for creating plots, graphs, and charts. It offers the best in class GUI for the end-users.
6. THE DEEP COMPARISON
7. Matlab doesn’t have the support for auto-increment and assignment operators. On the other hand, Octave has the proper support for auto-increment and assignment operators like i++ and ++i.
8. If you want to run Matlab on your machine, then you need to have more RAM as compared with to run Octave on the same computer.
9. MATLAB offers various packages for different needs. You can select either one as per your requirements. On the other hand, Octave is a free programming language. Anyone can use it without paying a single penny.
10. MATLAB offers an extensive set of tools in the toolbox to perform various tasks in MATLAB. These tools are quite handy and ready to perform some special functions. On the other hand, Octave depends on the syntax to perform any task in Octave, which makes Octave quite slower than MATLAB.
11. When we compare boolean values in MATLAB, then Matlab provides the error in syntax format, i.e., it’s not the supported form. On the other hand, Octave responds to the boolean values by ans=0.
12. MATLAB also supports the command line that is used to execute the file in the directory. On the other hand, Octave also supports the same thing, but if you are using an old version of Octave, then you may not find this facility.
13. While working on MATLAB, you can’t load the empty file. But if you are working with Octave, you can load the empty file without any hassle. It makes is quite better than Matlab.
14. If you want to print on the screen using MATLAB, then you can only use fprintf. It is the command that used to print the result on the screen in Matlab. On the other hand, if you want to print the screen, then you can use both print and fprintf in Octave.
15. MATLAB is a commercial product of MathsWorks, i.e., it is having the best in class user interface for programmers. On the other hand, in the earlier version of Octave there was a lack of user interface, but nowadays there Octave is continuously improving its user interface. Octave has the default interface after the 4.0 version.
16. Matlab is having the best among the best compiler. It is known as the “Just-In-Time” compiler as the name suggests that this compiler is quite faster. It allows the acceleration of for-loops with certain restrictions. On the other hand, Octave doesn’t have the JIT compiler. That makes Octave quite slower than Matlab. But to make your Octave program faster, you can vectorize your code,.
17. Matlab is having the best among the best compiler. It is known as the “Just-In-Time” compiler as the name suggests that this compiler is quite faster. It allows the acceleration of for-loops with certain restrictions. On the other hand, Octave doesn’t have the JIT compiler. That makes Octave quite slower than Matlab. But to make your Octave program faster, you can vectorize your code,.
18. MATLAB is a licensed programming language. It means that you can find the best support for MATLAB. Matlab offers online support to the programmers as well as provides tutorials, documentation, examples, answers, blog, and community support. On the other hand, with Octave you can also find some support in the form of documentation and online community where you can solve all your issues with the help of fellow programmers.
19. CONCLUSION It is quite easy to say that Octave is quite better than Octave. The reason is that it is free to use, and its programs also compatible with MATLAB. But here is the fact, that restricts me to consider it best between MATLAB vs Octave is it is still lack of functionality as compared to MATLAB. We can also help you with MATLAB assignment help and MATLAB homework help. We have the statistics experts who can provide you the best assignment help at nominal charges.
20. FACEBOOK @statanalytica INSTAGRAM @statanalytica TWITTER @statanalytica
21. WEB ADDRESS EMAIL https://statanalytica.com firstname.lastname@example.org