Published on March 12, 2014
Industrial Fibreglass Fabricators Maskell Productions Ltd. 12th February 2009 Power Plant Projects
Maskell Productions Ltd is one of Australasia’s largest and most experienced industrial fibreglass fabricators. Maskell manufacture a wide range of industrial fibreglass products including piping systems, tanks, air pollution systems and associated equipment, all in fibreglass (FRP/GRP). The company has been completing projects in the fibreglass field for over 40 years, since 1968, and has experience throughout Australasia. Introduction
Continuous and successful operation since founding in 1968. Commitment to client satisfaction and successful completion of projects. Two manufacturing plants located in Auckland and Melbourne. 100% privately owned New Zealand Company. ISO9001 accredited company with external auditing. Company Overview
Products manufactured / supplied by Maskell in the fibreglass (FRP/GRP) field include: Product Capability • FRP Pipe DN50-DN3000 for Industrial and Water/wastewater Applications for both buried and aboveground service. • Above ground tanks to 6.5m dia. x 350kL for chemical and water storage. • Air pollution systems including ducting to 3m diameter, fans, dampers and associated equipment, all in fibreglass. • FRP fans 6” to 60” Impellor. • Buried tanks for underground fuel storage to 110kL. • Buried tanks for water/wastewater storage and detention, any capacity. • Air pollution and odour control scrubbers for industrial gas stream scrubbing and odour removal.
Maskell is ably supported by a range of proven sub-contractors for associated equipment with thermoplastic, steel and stainless steel fabrication, additional design services, site installation and project management of major projects. Maskell also license technology and have distribution agreements for products where proven international expertise is required. Product Capability
Maskell provide a complete design and manufacture service for all products including piping stress analysis, structural vessel, tank design and finite element analysis. In addition, Maskell have proven sub-contractors and can provide complete turnkey or design / built / erect packages for clients. Maskell undertake all site fibreglass laminating work for piping and ducting systems and can work with the client’s civil and mechanical contractors. Services
Industries Served Maskell are familiar with a wide range of industries which have been served over our 40-year history, all who utilise fibreglass for specialist applications which require the corrosion resistance and longevity not matched by other materials. These include:
Clients Maskell undertake successful projects for a wide range of local and multi-national clients in the Australasian region including:
Regional Project Scope Proven project capability extends throughout the Australasian and South Pacific region including: Australia New Zealand Brunei Malaysia The Philippines Papua New Guinea Tahiti Vanuatu Fiji New Caledonia
Maskell has in-house engineering and drafting services for design of products and client support to all international codes commonly used for fibreglass fabrication. For major projects in-house capability is supplemented with external consultants where required. Engineering Capability
Project Execution Specifics • Completion within agreed budget • Completion on time • Meet project quality requirements • Ensure job is completed safely • Maintain harmonious relationship with stakeholders Maskell place a priority on execution of projects to meet clients project requirements of:
Quality Assurance • ISO9001 Accredited, externally audited, license QEC6641. • Project specific quality plans where required or in-house QA system. • Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s) for projects utilised. • Work Method Statements and Process Manuals for manufacturing in-house and on-site work. Maskell maintain an extensive in-house and on-site quality assurance system which is:
Maskell have over 20 years experience in design, manufacture and site installation of FRP pipe and equipment for geothermal power plant applications in the following areas: Maskell Experience with FRP in Geothermal Power Plant Service 1. Circulating / cooling water piping, through to DN3000 2. Hotwell pump suction / discharge piping (design for full vacuum) 3. Condenser, intercooler and NCG piping systems 4. Gas extraction system piping / ducting under vacuum 5. Drain piping around plant, back to pond or storage 6. Condensate re-injection piping 7. Lube oil and pump cooling water piping, small bore 8. Intercooler and firewater piping 9. Brine piping systems 10. Silencers at exhausts 11. Cooling tower internal pipe work
Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe The following project examples demonstrate the widespread use of Maskell FRP pipe in the geothermal and fossil fuel power station industry.
Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe • 100 MW Power station built in 1989 for NZ government. • First use of fibreglass pipe for a power station in New Zealand. • FRP pipe up to DN1800 for cooling water and distribution within cooling tower. • Inspection of pipe in 2007 showed it in good condition. • Conspicuous for 105m high induced draft cooling tower. Ohaaki Geothermal Power Station, Taupo Region, New Zealand
Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe • Power station built for Mercury Energy in 1995. • Cooling water pipe up to DN1800 in FRP. • Design of pipe to span known geotechnical faults. • Design temperature of pipe up to 130 deg C. Poihipi Geothermal Power Station, Taupo Region, New Zealand
Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe • 1000 MW power station built in Batangas Bay, The Philippines in 1998. • Saltwater cooling intake and outfall DN2500, total length of 2.2km. Santa Rita Gas Turbine Power Station, Batangas Bay, The Philippines • Site built on poor ground with intake / outfall offshore up to 500m. • Installation offshore are 100m strings, onshore 10m lengths.
• Cooling water intake and outfall, large diameter FRP pipe. • DN2200 / DN2800 intake and outfall pipelines. • FRP pipe installed through cofferdam and offshore, subsea. • Inshore, sheetpiled trench with pipe installed between whalers. Pelican Point 300MW Gas Turbine Power Station, Adelaide, Australia Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe
• Plant built for Kenya Generation Authority. • Maskell supplied pipe and site supervision for laminate jointing . • Cooling water pipe DN300-DN750. Olkaria Geothermal Power Station, Kenya Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe
• Origin Energy gas turbine power plant with saltwater cooling. • Steel pipe failed after 7 years service, replaced with FRP. • Completed cooling pipe system replaced during 4 week shut. • Cooling water pipe up to DN1200 between condenser and cooling tower. Osborne Power Station Pipe Replacement, Adelaide, Australia Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe
• 385MW Single shaft gas turbine plant for Genesis Energy. • Large scale use of FRP for process pipe DN100-DN1800. • Most widespread of use of FRP pipe in a power plant in NZ. • Project comprised 110m of GRP plant piping, above ground and 350m of underground pipe. Huntly Gas Turbine Power Station, Huntly, New Zealand Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe
• 100MW geothermal power plant commissioned in 2008. • FRP pipe for wide range of applications. • Pipe diameters DN300-DN2800, total 1300m of pipe. • FRP pipe used for condenser and gas extraction piping under near full vacuum. Kawerau Geothermal Power Station, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe
• Replacement of diesel power for gold mining operation. • Geothermal plants built in two stages, 30MW and 20MW. • FRP pipe up to DN750 for cooling water system. • Supply and site laminating of pipework. Lihir Gold Geothermal Power Station, Lihir Island, Papua New Guinea Power Plant Projects with Maskell FRP/GRP Pipe
MASKELL PRODUCTIONS LIMITED 24 Bowden Road, Mt. Wellington, New Zealand PO Box 11-185, Auckland 1542, New Zealand Phone +64 9 573 0548, Fax +64 9 573 0666 www.maskell.co.nz
View Benjamin Maskell’s professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Benjamin Maskell ...
Value Stream Accounting is a method of providing clear cut, ... Brian Maskell, Compared, Lean Accounting, TA v LA, Value Stream Costing. Bookmark the ...
Lean Accounting Diagnostic Questionnaire of Accounting, Control, & Measurement Capability BMA Inc. 100 Springdale Road, #110, Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08003
Brian Maskell President, BMA Inc. Brian Maskell is a leading consultant in the field of Lean Accounting. ... Test Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific,
ANN MASKELL, Appellant, v. BOARD OF REVIEW, and FAMILIES MATTER, LLC, Respondents. Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. Submitted February 10 ...
Our eye examination includes: ... All supplementary tests performed can be added to our NHS sight test for a small ... Maskell + Associates; 16 ...
Official information from NHS about Ross Maskell & Associates including contact details, directions, opening hours and service/treatment details
GED TESTING > NEBRASKA > MASKELL. Are you looking for GED testing locations in Maskell NE? The GED test is only offered in pencil and paper format.