Published on November 22, 2016
1. facebook.com/qgl.doha twitter.com/qgl2010 firstname.lastname@example.org +974 5516 8239 Q A T A G R E E N L E A D E R S T H E F U T U R E I S G R E E N !
2. MARINA YACHT CLUB AT LUSAIL CITY Category: Green Building: Commercial Building Qatar Green Leaders Green Building Certification, Design Management & Training (LEED/GSAS). ISO 9001:2015 Certified www.qatargreenleaders.com email@example.com
3. P R O J E C T T E A M Project Owner Main Contractor Design Architect Design Architect Chapman TaylorChapman TaylorCeinsa – JTC JVLusail City GSAS Service Provider Qatar Green Leaders
4. M A R I N A Y A C H T C L U B A T L U S A I L C I T Y The Marina Yacht Club is located at Marina District in Lusail City, a self-contained sustainable and comprehensively planned development city in Qatar. It is two stories building which composed of retails, Yacht Club office and café space at the ground floor and a restaurant and terrace open on the marina and on the promenade, giving a true experience of a gate between the land and the sea. The project is visible from the promenade that develops on three sides of the marina and also from the sea when entering the marina. It is a focus point not only seen from four directions, but also from the sea level and from the sky: from the yacht and pontoon below the promenade and from the high rises of the Marina district. C l i e n t Lusail Real Estate P l o t a r e a 3,893 m2 To t a l B u i l t - U p A r e a 2,890 m² A c h i e v e d L e v e l 4 Stars S u s t a i n a b i l i t y A s s e s s m e n t S c h e m e GSAS -Design v2.0 Commercial Building Scheme B u i l d i n g Ty p e Commercial S t a t u s Obtained LOC – Under Construction L o c a t i o n Marina District, Lusail City
5. G R E E N B U I L D I N G R A T I N G .023 0.15 0.24 0.48 0.02 Water Site Energy Urban Connectivity Materials 0.27 Indoor Environment 0.23 Cultural & Economic Value 0.15 Management & Operation .024 .027 0.72 0.48 0.24 0.48 0.39 0.18 AchievedPoints Attainable C e r t i f i c a t i o n d e n i e d L E V E L Ac h i e v e d 3 . 0 0 2 . 5 0 2 . 0 0 1 . 5 0 1 . 0 0 . 5 0 0 . 0 0 - 0 . 5 0 - 1 . 0 0 G L O B A L S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y A S S E S S M E N T S Y S T E M 1 . 7 5 5
6. S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y P R A C T I C E S Marina Yacht club which is located in Lusail city will inherit the score of the Lusail Master Planned Development for some of the GSAS Criteria related to urban connectivity and site such as Proximity to Infrastructure, Load on Local Traffic Conditions, Public Transportation , Proximity to Amenities, Land preservation, Waterbody Preservation and Habitat Preservation. Sustainability & Community Energy and Water It provides a public amenities such retails, café space at the ground floor and restaurant and terrace area that serves as viewing deck. The site is near access to existing pedestrian and bicycle pathway networks, as well as intended users, in order to reduce vehicular transportation needs. The project has no parking footprint since the design eliminated any parking spaces on site as per Lusail requirements to share with adjacent street parking. Efficient water fixtures for indoor water use will be installed, such as Dual flush toilets, Low flow showerhead, Low flow lavatory faucets and Low flow kitchen faucets. No water will be used for the irrigation, the project has no landscaped areas. Rain water will be collected and stored in a tank of 100 m3 capacity in basement floor, then to be drained into city storm water drainage network. Collection of Rainwater from roof top by providing peripheral roof gutter and roof sumps. Using high efficient LED lamps. Use of Energy Recovery heat wheel. To reduce the energy usage, low U-value of 1.3 w/m2k and shading coefficient of 0.23 glazing will be installed. The sleek louvers of the roof prevent the building from direct sun exposure and thus reduce the cooling energy consumption. Smart building technologies were used by installation of an ACS, daylight and occupants sensors to optimize energy performance. Use of high reflective roof and façade to reduce the potential impact of the building of heat island effect and use of Light colors for the exterior finishing materials, to respect the hot climate of the region and lessen the heat gain and energy consumption needed by the building. The character of the building is similar to the form of a pearl inside a shell, in alignment and respect to the local pearl industry as part of the regions’ culture and tradition.
7. S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y P R A C T I C E S Optimize the exposure of daylight for interior spaces in order to improve light quality for building occupants and reduce the need for artificial lighting. The hydro/dynamic ellipse shaped building offers the widest possible panoramic views, with its imposing fluid structure, it allows the users and visitors to have a direct visual connection to the exterior. Meet the minimum emissions targets for indoor materials and finishes to ensure the comfort and health of occupants. Using permanent entryway systems with grills in the entry area and Using exhaust systems to create negative pressure in the waste room to minimize potentially hazardous airborne contaminants affecting building occupants. Sustainability & Health Sustainability & Resources Use of materials that are regionally manufactured and assembled to reduce the carbon footprint of the materials . Design the building elements and materials for ease of disassembly, reuse and recycling in the future . Sustainability & Management QGL and Project Design Team applied an integrated approach for pre- design and schematic design. A whole building approach has been applied for the project, weekly meetings between the project stakeholders were held to discuss all targeted GSAS criteria and what are the best strategies to follow for fulfilling the criteria’s requirements. Green Building Rating System The project achieved 4 Stars Rating in GSAS (Global Sustainability Assessment System) v2.0 Commercial Design Assessment Rating Scheme More than 30% of total percentage of construction expenditures for goods and services originating from the national economy. A central storage area for compostable organic and recyclable materials will be provided, collected and stored in a waste collection room for each floor then transfer to the municipal Pneumatic Waste Collection (PWC) system of Lusail City in order to minimize waste taken to landfills or incineration facilities An acoustic Study was done to calculate the noise levels for the project site taking all surrounding sources & remedies as part of the wider development & meet the minimum requirements for acoustic quality within the building. The project provides effective mechanical ventilation to ensure occupant comfort and health, compliance to ASHRAE 62.1-2010 and ASHRAE 90.1-2007.
8. T H A N K Y O U ! A N Y Q U E S T I O N S ? Qatar Green Leaders | Green Building Certification, Design Management & Training (LEED/GSAS) Global Business Center (Opposite to Old Arrival Terminal) | C-Ring Road | Entrance 1 | 3rd Floor | P.O. Box: 63382| Tele-Fax: +974 44340477 | Doha | Qatar (Map) www.QatarGreenLeaders.com – info@QatarGreenLeaders.com